Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone think good thoughts..... Dirt Mountain is under a serve weather watch Until 10 pm which includes torrential downpours of 1 to 2 inches of rain, hail, straight line winds up to 70 mph, and even a possible tornadoe!
F8E13AFD-51B0-4DBF-8FEC-0D24C7C3AF82.jpeg
Well, there’s the roof testing….
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford announced and sent out emails stating if you were not scheduled yet for a 21 and you wanted a mic top you were pushed to 22. 2 doors only come with mic top (as of right now anyway) so if you have a two door ordered and do not have a scheduled build you are SOL. Perhaps with this news things could change but I’m still banking on unscheduled mics being pushed to 22.
The way the thread read he was referring to dirt mountain top replacements, it's FIFO regardless of 2dr or 4dr.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok sorry I thought people were referring to the already produced (dirt mountain) 2door broncos. Almost had a stroke when I seen this “back of the line talk” but yes I recall them saying they are scheduling mostly or 4 door models once the line was back running
my fault I misunderstood. 2 doors on dirt mountain shouldn’t be pushed to the back of the line as far as we know.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LMAO at running all of the dirt mountain Broncos through a “comprehensive inspection.”

Sure they will. They will have $15/hr Billy press the button and make sure it starts.

I’m just laughing, not complaining. I think these press releases are insulting to our intelligence.
I would say that comment is a bit insulting.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok sorry I thought people were referring to the already produced (dirt mountain) 2door broncos. Almost had a stroke when I seen this “back of the line talk” but yes I recall them saying they are scheduling mostly or 4 door models once the line was back running
Nah that's why I mentioned those of us with early reservations. The lucky 2 doors ended up on dirt mountain, early 2 door reservations with no vin pushed to 22' where they'll wait again for the dirt mountain 2 doors to get their second top lol.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’d be surprised with what an automaker will do to get the line running again. I’ve seen millions of dollars spent to get the line running again. The plant I work at now every minute we’re not building trucks is $1 million dollars lost.
I’m sorry but what? Even if that line was only running 8 hours a day, that’s half a billion dollars a day, lol.

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know the coordinates to dirt mountain? Im going to have to sticker these coordinates somewhere inside my Bronco when I get it. It'll be a nice reminder of the mental endurance we all went through to get these damn things.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week
Good riddance. MIC v1.0 is done and v2.0 is now here! With yesterday's announcement that the new version of MIC tops are now being produced and sent to replace the leaking ones at Dirt Mountain, it wont be long now until we can all say "I Survived Dirt Mountain"!

Inspiration for this Badge came from a thought I had... what on earth are they going to do with ~6000+ old tops!?!?

(PS. If you're looking to see where we are in getting our Bronco's released, be sure to check out and use the Dirt Mountain Tracker!)

Dirt-Mountain---Survivor.png

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inspiration for this Badge came from a thought I had... what on earth are they going to do with ~6000+ old tops!?!?
I wonder if I can snag one from my dealer…

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
Any hope for another miracle that the Mod top will be done in time for MY22 launch? 🥺🥺🥺

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it's FIFO regardless
Remember when 'timestamps' were the ONLY north star? I think FIFO is similar. With 3K-4K units to ship, I'd bet they'll load up transit by dealer load

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question for @PREMiERdrum - all the news is about the MIC top issues and Dirt mountain builds. I am among a a group of late June through July builds with soft tops that have gone MIA. Have you heard any inside info on whats going on with the soft tops that have been stuck in production for weeks?
Sponsored