Breanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone received a bad batch bronco? Got an email that your build was shipped etc?
Sponsored

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seem to recall Ford airlifting tooling back in 2018 when an F-150 supplier had a fire at their plant.
Yep..And that supplier is in my town..We could hear the roof blow off that plant!
Magnesium doesn't like to be drenched in water when it's burning LOL!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder dealers are allowed to sell the old tops that are being replaced. I wanted a hardtop but just didn’t want to wait another 6-8 months. I don’t care if the top has a few problems.
They are after all only "cosmetic" issues so there would be no liability attached.... ;)

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder dealers are allowed to sell the old tops that are being replaced. I wanted a hardtop but just didn’t want to wait another 6-8 months. I don’t care if the top has a few problems.
I would think the owner may have the option to keep it after the new one is in place. I wouldn't think that the dealer is going to be returning it to Ford as this would cost too much. So, it may be possible to get one from the original owner.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think the owner may have the option to keep it after the new one is in place. I wouldn't think that the dealer is going to be returning it to Ford as this would cost too much. So, it may be possible to get one from the original owner.
Most likely they are going to have to destroy them for legal reasons and to prevent future warranty claims against them.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most likely they are going to have to destroy them for legal reasons and to prevent future warranty claims against them.
I agree. Ford got caught already with their hand in the cookie jar over allowing dealers to sell the passenger seats from Turkey-built Transit vans that qualified them exempt from truck tariffs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree. Ford got caught already with their hand in the cookie jar over allowing dealers to sell the passenger seats from Turkey-built Transit vans that qualified them exempt from truck tariffs
Apples and oranges; the seat issue is to avoid paying a tax. Allowing defective parts to be sold is a whole different issue. Doesn't matter if it's cosmetics, they're still defective.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be nice to get a hold of some pieces of the old hardtop for paint experimentation.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That isn't even possible-the seats are taken out the transit connects (cargo versions) when they come into the country and never make it to the dealership, unless they are sold as a passenger van.

They got sued by the federal government for trying to avoid the "chicken tax" on imported trucks/vans.
Sponsored