M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.”

I thought I read on this site that the delivered units were in the hundreds, not thousands. Am I making that up?!

Maybe only hundreds of customer orders have been delivered and the “thousands” referenced in the article includes the dealer demos?
Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This would be sweet of they are well ahead of schedule. My week of 8/23 2 door build didn't happen and I fully expected a December delivery. Could be much sooner now! Excitement is rising again.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im getting a soft top, so this doesn't really effect me, but this seems rushed. If the original tops that have been tested for years were bad enough to warrant replacing thousands of them, there is no way these have already undergone a redesign and adequate testing. I expect more problems to come.
I'm wondering if the MIC 2.0 was the original design, and MIC 1.0 was the cost cutting design.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Why would you ship good tops to customers with a top already before clearing out all of the Dirt Mountain inmates. I'm in the camp that they should have just shipped the Broncos to prevent 1) get them to the customers who have been waiting and 2) avoid a major backlog in shipping once the new top is available
Could be as simple as this: Because they can produce the new MIC tops faster than they can blend the "dirt mountain" Broncos into the inspection process without disrupting shipment of Broncos coming off the assembly line. Doesn't do any good to completely clear out dirt mountain first if it means you have to backlog newly assembled Broncos for testing. Given that this is a short term situation, Ford is probably choosing not to disrupt their standard processes too much just to get dirt mountain cleared out immediately.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any negative consequence for the soft top gang?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could be as simple as this: Because they can produce the new MIC tops faster than they can blend the "dirt mountain" Broncos into the inspection process without disrupting shipment of Broncos coming off the assembly line. Doesn't do any good to completely clear out dirt mountain first if it means you have to backlog newly assembled Broncos for testing. Given that this is a short term situation, Ford is probably choosing not to disrupt their standard processes too much just to get dirt mountain cleared out immediately.
i would think that's how it'll happen... do all three concurrently since they be replacing the tops in the field at the dealers request once an owner brings it in for the "cosmetic" issue...

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Think this might be the first example of Ford meeting or exceeding a deadline in relation to the Broncos
Let's not kid ourselves here. These tops are WAY behind schedule. This is an example of moving the goalposts. Just ask anyone with a truck sitting at dirt mountain. :cautious:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anxiously awaiting the @TFLtruck review of their First Edition with the replacement top. Then we will know for sure if MIC V2.0 is really fixed.

Who wants to speculate that TFL will get one of the first new roofs shipped out?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any negative consequence for the soft top gang?
only a bruised ego cause they opted to change their builds to get a truck NOW....;)

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer confirmed today that my BL MIC is now scheduled to date for a build on 9/23. I’m thinking a certain # of tops will go to dirt mountain Broncos, some to dealers to replace existing Broncos, and some to MAP for new builds that are scheduled.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great news but, The ford guy states that “we‘ll do water inspections on the tops”? How are they positive they are ready to roll when they have tested yet for water leaks?

I must have read that wrong.
I think he was talking about water tests on the dirt mountain Broncos that might of had rain get in while sitting, imagine all the mildew and odors if so. Remember the big storms from the hurricane that just came through and rained inches in minutes in some places.

Reactions: MJJ

Iron Oxide

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slave 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm wondering if the MIC 2.0 was the original design, and MIC 1.0 was the cost cutting design.
that's an interesting possibility, but from what I understand calling it "MIC 2.0" is a little misleading. I thought there were some modifications to the existing tooling and changes to processing, but obviously I'm no expert

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

only a bruised ego cause they opted to change their builds to get a truck NOW....;)
Haha, nah, no chance my 7/23 would be built this year so this was my chance for MY21. FUring the initial fiasco of orders (if we could switch dealers or not) my first dealer was already trying to bamboozle me on MSRP. So I canceled 7/16 for 7/23.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great news but, The ford guy states that “we‘ll do water inspections on the tops”? How are they positive they are ready to roll when they have tested yet for water leaks?

I must have read that wrong.
The new top has been tested. What he is talking about is water testing each vehicle after the top has been replaced to ensure the new top is properly installed. I hope they wash all the DM units before they change the tops. They all have to be covered dirt after sitting for up to two months! Just rubbing on that will cause fine scratches.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJJ