Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahead of schedule... this is an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the first case of under promise and over deliver?
Think this might be the first example of Ford meeting or exceeding a deadline in relation to the Broncos
The first sentence in the article is misleading. Some folks might think Ford is shipping thousands of tops over the next week or three. It just references how many units they need to make to replace the ones out in the real world. The only thing Ford claims is that they have finished testing and are starting production ramp up. It seems likely the amounts produced on a daily basis will take quite a while to make it to dealers, while simultaneously feeding the line, and taking care of dirt hill vehicles. (nobody believes they will continue to idle the factory until those other two areas are taken care of completely).

It is for sure moving in the right direction, although the bit about how they are going to check if they leak sometime in the future makes it pretty clear they are not anywhere near cranking these things out at a high rate. Remember how long it took to ramp up the last batch of tops, even without rejections.

Good news, but not going to open up the floodgates of Bronco's raining down from the sky anytime soon. As to the above posts; what date and promise did Ford make about the new MIC?

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what the article says, they are doing both.

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held backthen shipping those vehicles immediately.
Exactly. Why would you ship good tops to customers with a top already before clearing out all of the Dirt Mountain inmates. I'm in the camp that they should have just shipped the Broncos to prevent 1) get them to the customers who have been waiting and 2) avoid a major backlog in shipping once the new top is available

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So testing is done, but they're waiting for those units........ I see a hole.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its not clear from that article, and obviously Im not the only one who raised the question. They built/shipped/parked a ton of vehicles with defective roofs so I think its within reason to question the wording, but seemingly I better understand what this actually means now.

I guess I'm coming from this perspective (see quote below), so what's another quality check (for leakage) given the visibility on this issue.

Both, new tops will be inspected when installed as well as a complete vehicle inspection due to them sitting for months.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are we still getting the free headliner/stick-on-felt with the replacement top?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, this is going to be great. How long until MIC v3 is needed? :LOL:

Last edited:

Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is great news! I received my window sticker last week for my FE. It’s scheduled to be built this week. (After multiple reschedules). This means it might actually happen!
Sponsored