Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh yeah, looks like my 9/20 build week is real! Might even get it before the snows close the higher altitude trails.
Gonna follow you to hopefully see your FE get built on time. My FE is scheduled for 9/27 build week.
Sponsored

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm wondering if the MIC 2.0 was the original design, and MIC 1.0 was the cost cutting design.
I’m sure 2.0 was the original design! That’s the only way this could be solved in three weeks.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So me switching to a soft top in hopes of getting it sooner is now bunk? I will take my reservation and go back to the back of the line.

Wonder if I can switch back to a MIC and not mess up my reservation too much?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do we know if this changes the original plan of pushing all MIC tops to MY22?
They have butt loads to work through on dirt mountain and already delivered ... I also think they only have one or two molds at this point, so sadly yes.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

'We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale.'"

Wait I'm sorry, a water test hasn't been done??? Am I misinterpreting this?
I think what they mean is that each Bronco would be tested to ensure that it is water tight. Seems like a reasonable final QC check.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh wow, I just remembered I ordered a Bronco. Maybe I’ll start paying attention again.

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

While the rest of us celebrate 🎉 this good news and positive steps that Ford is taking, others...

Yesterday: FORD SUCKS AND I'M BUYING SOMETHING ELSE!!

Today: Um, Um, Uh, Yeah... I'll believe it when I see it!

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
OK, now I'll believe it! Thanks Ross!

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
cause it does not look good on ford , it's better to have the right top on and display around town .
dirt broncos are still behind enemy lines no one see's them

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NOW I'M EXCITED IT'S HAPPENIN' Y'ALLLLLLLLLLLL

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@PREMiERdrum thanks as always on your insights.

Any idea what will happen with hard top builds that are coming off the line this week?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess we’ll see soon enough. Mine built 8/5 so it’ll be quite a while before I see it. Lots ahead of me.
Sponsored