Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But do you think the "free" fabric lining will still be included, if all the hardtop issues have been addressed? Seems like it would not longer be needed.
I don't think the roof improvements will do anything to change sound dampening or keeping some heat gain away.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think the roof improvements will do anything to change sound dampening or keeping some heat gain away.
Right but the fabric was included free, to hide the interior hardtop surface, because the surface was deemed not of a high enough quality finish. In that case, I'm hoping the new hardtop version will take are of that issue (along with the others). Hence no longer a need for the fabric to cover the surface.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surely possible, I suppose. If that's the case it would go back to being an accessory you can pay to add at time of order. I really don't think they're going to charge anyone who currently has it on their order sheet, VIN or not.
Currently on B & P, it's a no charge option. If you want it, you have to check the option box.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome to hear! A couple questions:
1- How many tops do they have to replace?
2-Does anyone have an estimate on how long it will take them to replace all the tops? Because if it doesn't take long maybe they could restart Bronco production and try to squeeze some more 2021s out before they start building the '22s.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right but the fabric was included free, to hide the interior hardtop surface, because the surface was deemed not of a high enough quality finish. In that case, I'm hoping the new hardtop version will take are of that issue (along with the others). Hence no longer a need for the fabric to cover the surface.
The appearance thing I believe is just the usual made up fact. This is what Ford calls it.

Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner

Sponsored

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With that logic, those with Broncos sitting on Dirt Mountain shouldn’t be sweating bullets, their Bronco is built and realize there just as many people waiting to convert.
Um... the only people in this scenario who are actually using their bronco are those that delivered with bad tops. Guess what, all those broncos on Dirt Mountain are going to have to ship at some point before any additional broncos are built and shipped according to their priorities. having more waiting for tops at dirt mountain because tops were sent to existing owners who took delivery months ago only backs up your back log. Good luck there

Chadesh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me it means nothing since the last email I got was my order was pushed back till 22. Now if I get an email saying different the great, but until then. It's a believe when I see it

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you clowns come up with this shit, the headliner was provided at no charge because of cost and ease of assembly, never to cover up the interior appearance, get a life! lol

Bendbig21

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 S10, 2019 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally some good news. Ford had no choice but to ramp things up. No one wants to loose customers!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sitting here hoping I'm still being pushed to 2022 and hopefully not within the first month or two of production. March would be awesome for me.

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But do you think the "free" fabric lining will still be included, if all the hardtop issues have been addressed? Seems like it would not longer be needed.
Based on what the Ford Letter states, yes there is no other modifications to the MIC hardtop other than the appearance on the outside of the MIC Hardtop. You better believe that the crappy liner is coming on MIC 2.0, although I believe FORD should have known that this was also an issue with quality and addressed it for the 2.0 revision.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do you clowns come up with this shit, the headliner was provided at no charge because of cost and ease of assembly, never to cover up the interior appearance, get a life! lol
Agreed it cost Ford less not to collect the $500 for headliner, and was easier to glue on than not glue on. Also the hardtop interior looked so nice, Ford wanted to cover it, so as not to outshine the rest of the vehicle. Facts. ;)
Sponsored