Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel bad for those that switched to a soft top...especially those who went from their 2-door to a 4-door.

Glad I held with my original 2-door build! Let's go!!!
Ford Bronco Ford will start shipping new MIC hardtops, Broncos this week! πŸš› SpottedEducatedArmyworm-small
Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not target you specifically. Just people who whine incessantly. You are not entitled to up to the minute updates from Ford.
People who whine? Nice profile pic. Every time u like or post something youre whining. Ha, sorry if i called out you hypocrisy πŸ‘πŸ» My bad

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, well how about we put the station wagons on hold and crank out some two doors.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have to laugh because here in Florida my β€œ73 Broncoβ€˜s title says Body Type-SW ( for station Wagon ). The β€˜68 my dad bought new was also a station wagon. This worked to his advantage as Boca Raton, FL had an ordinance back then that trucks could not be parked in the driveway and he was given a code violation for this! He took the title to city hall and asked them why the state called his Bronco a station wagon and the city thinks it a truck? He never got another citation!

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was prevously indicated the changes were on the outer skin thickness and the edges being more "rolled" to seal them. No indication there will be any difference on interior looks.
I feel the same way... I think they are adding more resin to the same top... it would be a simple fix.... I read some where Ford wanted the top makers to cut 6 lbs off the weight... only way to do it would to be reduce the amount of resin... which in turn makes them thinner and shows the honey comb...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read some where Ford wanted the top makers to cut 6 lbs off the weight
The Finance Department refers to that kind of sabotage as "Value Engineering". Non-finance people understand it as simply taking a great product and whittling away at until no one wants it anymore.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."

Like keeping the water out is a secondary feature?! πŸ™ƒ Thanks Ford for having all angles covered!

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have to laugh because here in Florida my β€œ73 Broncoβ€˜s title says Body Type-SW ( for station Wagon ). The β€˜68 my dad bought new was also a station wagon. This worked to his advantage as Boca Raton, FL had an ordinance back then that trucks could not be parked in the driveway and he was given a code violation for this! He took the title to city hall and asked them why the state called his Bronco a station wagon and the city thinks it a truck? He never got another citation!
Don't want to derail this thread with useless stuff, but I'm from Boca! I mean...now I'm literally completely across the country, but I'm from there. Say Hi to my town, please!

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Progress!
Holy Shit! It’s happening, it’s really happening. Let’s hope those are β€˜old’ tops laying in the dirt.

Last edited:

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't want to derail this thread with useless stuff, but I'm from Boca! I mean...now I'm literally completely across the country, but I'm from there. Say Hi to my town, please!
I will! I’m a couple blocks south of Camino and just east of SW 12th Ave. Been here my whole life except for a couple years in DC and Raleigh. IBM means I’ve Been Moved! And yes it looks like you got as far away from here as possible while staying in the continental US!

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dave, do you just troll people or is it just me? yes i dont think things should be handled by a leak. and if it is a press release to the free press it is hardly a leak, correct? so why not before you do this, draft a letter to all current orders and customers already holding first? i feel like you just dont understand what a customer relationship means to people. If you were having a baby, would you want to hear the sex from the newspaper or your doctor? ford is the doctor, there should be more direct discussion from ford. they have our money & contact info. Yes it is a good thing that people may get their Bronco sooner, but don't tell me they have handled it perfectly. Ford should make these announcement to the actual stakeholders first, then give it to the media once an email is sent to paying customers. so yes, i do get pissy when things should be handled differently.
Doctor Ford: The due date of your baby is by January 15, 2022

Free Press: What is being done at this moment in preparation of the delivery?

Doctor Ford: We are continuing to do some testing, and coordinating with the mother, ensuring a safe, healthy delivery

Mother: How dare you Doctor! What do you mean I’m having my baby in October and why aren’t you telling me this first??