Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes received a VIN in the email I got back on 8/19.

Thats the hope I have. Though I thought I saw somewhere on the forum that someone else with a 9/13 build week called Ford and was told pushed to 10/11 (don't remember where I saw it while browsing though).

I called Ford tonight and they said it just shows scheduled for production. Nothing more.

So for now I got my fingers crossed. This has been hell for most everyone involved except for the lucky few who got what they wanted, and got it by now.
I added this to my last post for you…

You can also ask your dealer for a screen shot of his Vehicle Visibility report. I know that is how I found out about a couple of build date changes.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do not try and revise the hardtop. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no v2 hardtop.

There is no v2 hardtop?

Then you'll see, that it is not the hardtop that changes, it is only yourself

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added this to my last post for you…

You can also ask your dealer for a screen shot of his Vehicle Visibility report. I know that is how I found out about a couple of build date changes.
@AngryAgain
Sample Vehicle Visibility report as you can see mine died on the infamous 6/30!

E29788AA-B331-4B8E-AD11-3D16AF275400.jpeg

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This gets you in the ballpark.

42°14'15.1"N 83°33'03.2"W
You know what’s funny,, remember the original dirt mountain pictures taken from a random industrial building roof! LOL
Ford Bronco Ford will start shipping new MIC hardtops, Broncos this week! đźš› 5CC639C8-0C6E-465D-8737-19C12852D353

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know what’s funny,, remember the original dirt mountain pictures taken from a random industrial building roof! LOL
Ford Bronco Ford will start shipping new MIC hardtops, Broncos this week! đźš› 5CC639C8-0C6E-465D-8737-19C12852D353
That's actually hilarious! Good for GM. We probably should thank them as once that video showed up it flushed the cowards out of the shadows to own up to jerking us around!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's actually hilarious! Good for GM. We probably should thank them as once that video showed up it flushed the cowards out of the shadows to own up to jerking us around!
LOL, that would be hilarious. BUT...
I thought it was determined that video was shot from the roof of the Air Museum at Willow Run.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was prevously indicated the changes were on the outer skin thickness and the edges being more "rolled" to seal them. No indication there will be any difference on interior looks.
I think they'll try and smooth out some of those rough edges on the inside as well, at least according to what Ross has said previously:

The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking). Main points to address in the update:

- Rolled /finished edges where there were formerly raw cuts.
- Thicker, more uniform outer layer of material.
- Improved injection process to fix forming issues in the clamshell.

Reactions: Rpm

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There has been talk about the overall weight of the Bronco and taking weight from the top is the best place to remove it. They did and it failed. It was probably a late change and it didn't get enough testing.
We'll never really know. BUT, in support of my premise, MIC 1.0 had two issues that are supposedly corrected in the new top:
  • the snakeskin appearance, which took 2-4 weeks post delivery to really surface
  • the raw unfinished ends which were immediately apparent, both on Webasto's dock as well as Ford's.

I also can't avoid the thought that Ford is supposedly spending multiple $billions on electric car research. Granted R&D funds are treated differently than operating expenses, but they come out of the same bucket at the end of the day. Plus finance execs really live by the Churchill quote, "never give in, never never never"

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I hear is blah blah blah blah blah...........and next thing you know it’s 2023, no Bronco, and all of us are still here crawling around on all four’s looking for that bottle of Jack Daniels and THC infused gummies. Praying they work everything out and turn this mess around.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don' think that was a financial move. There has been talk about the overall weight of the Bronco and taking weight from the top is the best place to remove it. They did and it failed. It was probably a late change and it didn't get enough testing. It happens.

I'm also betting they had the original tooling still around so ramping back up was probably easier than we even know.
My thoughts exactly

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford will start shipping new MIC hardtops, Broncos this week! đźš› 727AA6A4-A2C2-4493-823F-0B105EA09841
That's funny, I took a stab at the approximate location based on what I recalled on those images.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do not try and revise the hardtop. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no v2 hardtop.

There is no v2 hardtop?

Then you'll see, that it is not the hardtop that changes, it is only yourself
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the v2 hardtop is. You'll have to see it for yourself.

gpetersttu

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 STX 4x4 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Filing this under, "cool story bro."

I gave up holding my breath long ago for my MY21 Bronco that had a build week like 8 million years ago (per Ford Email hamster wheel).....

At this point no Bronco news gets me excited, happy, or angry. I have come to the realization that my Ford Bronco is simply a figment of my imagination that cost me $1100.00.

If I ever get it, great. If not, then great. I have come to the conclusion that the $1100 I gave Ford was payment for a poster and a hammock.
Sponsored