First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have done some searching and it seems as if the 2- and 4-door Bronco are not eligible for X Plan pricing for MY 21. But does anybody know whether Broncos will be eligible for X plan for MY 22? My dealer says they will honor X Plan pricing. But I would think with high demand, Ford might eliminate X Plan for MY 22 like they did for MY 21.

If I understand correctly, shareholders of Ford common stock (100 share minimum) have access to X Plan pricing. My thought is to buy 100 shares (~$1200) and gain the special X Plan pricing and then sell the shares after the Bronco purchase if I want to. But I don’t want to go to that trouble if Ford has already decided to not allow X Plan pricing in MY 22. Looks like X Plan price is a good deal since it supposedly equals ((0.996 * dealer invoice) + $275). Since my order has been bumped to MY 22, I have until about the end of June to figure this out.

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.
Sponsored

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have done some searching and it seems as if the 2- and 4-door Bronco are not eligible for X Plan pricing for MY 21. But does anybody know whether Broncos will be eligible for X plan for MY 22? My dealer says they will honor X Plan pricing. But I would think with high demand, Ford might eliminate X Plan for MY 22 like they did for MY 21.

If I understand correctly, shareholders of Ford common stock (100 share minimum) have access to X Plan pricing. My thought is to buy 100 shares (~$1200) and gain the special X Plan pricing and then sell the shares after the Bronco purchase if I want to. But I don’t want to go to that trouble if Ford has already decided to not allow X Plan pricing in MY 22. Looks like X Plan price is a good deal since it supposedly equals ((0.996 * dealer invoice) + $275). Since my order has been bumped to MY 22, I have until about the end of June to figure this out.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I am a Ford share holder and have an X plan pin. From what Ford has told me, you need to own a minimum of 100 shares for at least a year before you can get an X plan pin. If you are not planning on getting a Bronco till May 2022, then go for it. But at the cost of shares right now, compared to what discount X plan will get you, it's almost a wash. If you bought shares last year when they were down to $6 a share, you would be looking a little better. Just save the money and add to your down payment.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^^^^ It is 6 months of share ownership.

It is up to the dealer if they will honor the X plan, it cuts into their profit but entirely their call. If Ford honored it, it would not cut into the dealer profit and Ford has stated the Bronco will not qualify for the program, that ain't changing any time soon.

Attachments

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Some dealers here are honoring xplan pricing even though Ford didnt offer it. It really ends up being what your agreement with the dealer is. Some pay MSRP, some pay invoice....Some dealers are offering better than xplan pricing. I'm getting mine through Granger and we have a few people from AZ getting them shipped to Colorado and then flying in and driving them home.

Sponsored

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^^^^^^^ It is 6 months of share ownership.

It is up to the dealer if they will honor the X plan, it cuts into their profit but entirely their call. If Ford honored it, it would not cut into the dealer profit and Ford has stated the Bronco will not qualify for the program, that ain't changing any time soon.
My bad. You are right. You got to own them for 6 months.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Become a member of the Mustang Club of America, wait the requisite time ( IIRC, 60 days), and, BAM, you can acquire pins.

Ford is not honoring X-plan currently. I doubt that will change for the foreseeable future. There are, however, individual dealers that may honor it through the dealership. It's all a part of the negotiation. Just, please, get it in writing.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought stock with the x plan in mind in November. My hope is Ford will honor x plan for 2022 because of all the delays. If not, F doesn’t fluctuate much and pays a decent dividend.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a Ford share holder and have an X plan pin. From what Ford has told me, you need to own a minimum of 100 shares for at least a year before you can get an X plan pin. If you are not planning on getting a Bronco till May 2022, then go for it. But at the cost of shares right now, compared to what discount X plan will get you, it's almost a wash. If you bought shares last year when they were down to $6 a share, you would be looking a little better. Just save the money and add to your down payment.
Not a wash. Get the discount, then sell your shares when they hit a gain, don’t need to continue to hold.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought stock with the x plan in mind in November. My hope is Ford will honor x plan for 2022 because of all the delays. If not, F doesn’t fluctuate much and pays a decent dividend.
Make that “Ford paid a decent dividend”. They stopped after one quarter in 2020. They might restart in 2021 based on performance.

Also, the stock has doubled since last March. Dollar wise, not much but percentage wise, quite a bit. Has fluctuated from ~2.00 to ~18.00 over the past 15 years or so.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Make that “Ford paid a decent dividend”. They stopped after one quarter in 2020. They might restart in 2021 based on performance.

Also, the stock has doubled since last March. Dollar wise, not much but percentage wise, quite a bit. Has fluctuated from ~2.00 to ~18.00 over the past 15 years or so.
i discount the whole pandemic effect because it’s an anomaly. Getting F at $4 is crazy and I wish I had bought then. I got my lot @$7.76. Historically F is about $10-$12 with a dividend around $1.00. So for those who are looking at buying for the possibility of x plan it’s unlikely they would lose much money if any.

*this is not financial advice

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the last I heard, Ford is "considering" it. No answer yet... and I'm not surprised either. Still way too early to say anything especially with the inflation pressures we have coming in 2022.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the last I heard, Ford is "considering" it. No answer yet... and I'm not surprised either. Still way too early to say anything especially with the inflation pressures we have coming in 2022.
Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford said today that the automaker will look to reinstate the company's dividend "as soon as possible."

Ford's dividend was suspended in March 2020 after the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic hit in a move to conserve cash. That saved the company $2.4 billion at an annual rate.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
Bituman

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks everybody. I really appreciate all the info. I think I will buy the 100 shares. No big down side. Like was said above, I can keep the shares and sell later. Here is what my dealer sent me in an e-mail.

“Camelback Ford is one of the few dealers not charging over MSRP and willing to honor any A,Z,X plans that you may have available to you.”

So based on the info in this thread that you all provided, I can buy the 100 shares, get a pin from Ford, and even though Ford doesn’t honor X Plan pricing, my dealer says they will. I think it’s worth a shot.

By the way, not one of the “Similar Threads” listed on the bottom showed up in my searching. I’m finding the search function on this site is a bit lacking. Again, I really appreciate the help and info.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Easier and cheaper to join the Mustang Club of America to get XPlan. I got a pin but obviously cannot use it. Cost me around $50.
Sponsored