Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
For some strange reason I can no longer connect to my Bronco with the FordPass app. When I click on the Vehicle tab it shows me the mileage, fuel level and where my Bronco was on January 1st. I also noticed that the Weather no longer works on my Nav menu but this may be a separate issue. . I have reset the FordPass Connectivity on the radio and had no change. I contacted Ford of Canada Customer Service and the very nice lady named Theresa who I spoke to told me that my Sync was up to date. She then put me through to a number called FordGuides, who are the FordPass people. The (another very nice) lady named Nicole who I talked to there went through the the system on the FordPass end and told me that there has been no communication with the vehicle and that I would likely have to take it to the dealer to have the FordPass Connect modem serviced (which is apparently a separate device from the Sync modem). We decided to try doing a Master Reset on Sync to see if it would make a difference. After I did the Master Reset, she did not see in her system that one had been done so I tried a second time with the same result. What she said was that after the FordPass Connect reset and the Master Reset, it should have purged the authorized users from my Bronco on her screen, which it did not. So I guess I will have to go to the dealer and get this looked at.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Another issue that I was able to resolve was that my address was showing up as Montana and that was causing me to get bounced around when I tried to access certain parts of the ford.ca website. I was able to verify that this change was made so hopefully that issue is gone for good. Nicole also suggested that I delete the FordPass app from my phone to make sure that it fully updates the app.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Try signing out of your account, use a different account to add the VIN to and try activating it. If this doesn't work, you have a fault in the vehicle somewhere. Most likely the modem or a module.

If you'd like, send me your VIN and I can pull an OASIS to see if I see anything common with bad modems reporting

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So here is the OASIS report that Joshua pulled. Looks like there are a few gremlins that got wet and were fed after midnight. None of these errors show up in the indicators though. They don't appear to be affecting drivability either. Very strange.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.37.08 PM.png

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
VEry interesting, just now, almost two hours later I have received a notification on my app and an email that my FordPass authorization has been removed from my Bronco. I wonder why it took so long to reset. Maybe everything will work now?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go to your dealer, your modem may need to be reset (you can do this through the screen menu but if it doesn't work when you do it they may have to).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So... I just went out and re-activated FordPass Connect. Now it is reading the odometer, fuel and location correctly and the start, lock and unlock are working again . For some reason the controls for the zone lighting didn't show up in the menu anymore but then after a few minutes it showed up and eventually I got a notification about the connected Navigation being activated again. I'm going to see what happens over the next few days. I need to get into the dealer to have a couple of other things looked at too so I will try to make it all one visit.

Denoah

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I picked up my Bronco finally on 12-16-22, the FordPass app worked for about two weeks and stopped working just like yours. I talked to the dealer and took it in and dropped it off for them to look at/work on for an entire day....they told me that after their diagnostics that they feel it is a bad modem. But they said Ford told them they had to take out the dashboard and check electric/wiring to make sure it was not a short before Ford would send them a replacement for my brand new vehicle.
I am not letting a dealer rip apart the entire dashboard and put it back together with less than 500 miles on it...I do not have any rattles in my Bronco at all right now...what you do you think the chances are I would have at least one rattle if they have to remove the entire dashboard?...I think it is very likely.
I was contemplating taking it in since I made an appointment to get it worked on but two days before I was to take it in....it started working again so I was happy.
Fast forward to Jan 31...and that was the last time it communicated, so it is not working again and I am hoping it will fix itself again...who knows.

I love the Bronco but this issue is a bit irritating, not the end of the world but I was hoping to have a trouble free new vehicle.

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some strange reason I can no longer connect to my Bronco with the FordPass app. When I click on the Vehicle tab it shows me the mileage, fuel level and where my Bronco was on January 1st. I also noticed that the Weather no longer works on my Nav menu but this may be a separate issue. . I have reset the FordPass Connectivity on the radio and had no change. I contacted Ford of Canada Customer Service and the very nice lady named Theresa who I spoke to told me that my Sync was up to date. She then put me through to a number called FordGuides, who are the FordPass people. The (another very nice) lady named Nicole who I talked to there went through the the system on the FordPass end and told me that there has been no communication with the vehicle and that I would likely have to take it to the dealer to have the FordPass Connect modem serviced (which is apparently a separate device from the Sync modem). We decided to try doing a Master Reset on Sync to see if it would make a difference. After I did the Master Reset, she did not see in her system that one had been done so I tried a second time with the same result. What she said was that after the FordPass Connect reset and the Master Reset, it should have purged the authorized users from my Bronco on her screen, which it did not. So I guess I will have to go to the dealer and get this looked at.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Another issue that I was able to resolve was that my address was showing up as Montana and that was causing me to get bounced around when I tried to access certain parts of the ford.ca website. I was able to verify that this change was made so hopefully that issue is gone for good. Nicole also suggested that I delete the FordPass app from my phone to make sure that it fully updates the app.
Are you paying your $10.00 monthly fee to keep it working?????

Alvis007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So... I just went out and re-activated FordPass Connect. Now it is reading the odometer, fuel and location correctly and the start, lock and unlock are working again . For some reason the controls for the zone lighting didn't show up in the menu anymore but then after a few minutes it showed up and eventually I got a notification about the connected Navigation being activated again. I'm going to see what happens over the next few days. I need to get into the dealer to have a couple of other things looked at too so I will try to make it all one visit.
Hi, do not waste your time taking it in to the dealership or calling Ford thru app. They have no idea on how to fix it. You can do it yourself at home. You do not need to try radio reset as Ford suggests.

The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.

Hope this solves your issue.

Denoah

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Alvis, much appreciated....I will give this a try.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it and it started working for me again.

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip. Pulling fuse 20 and plugging it back in fixed the issue. :)

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Started having this issue today. Don’t know which fuse to pull. But I unhooked the battery for about 5 minutes, and it fixed it for now

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can some tell me which fuse to pull? It’s doing it again, I don’t want to unhook the battery cause it resets all my settings.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can some tell me which fuse to pull? It’s doing it again, I don’t want to unhook the battery cause it resets all my settings.
I pulled #20 and it worked for a few weeks. It went out again about a week ago and I tried pulling the fuse again, but no luck. I might have to try disconnecting the battery. What did you lose when you disconnected the battery?
Sponsored