First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Bronco
Badlands
For some strange reason I can no longer connect to my Bronco with the FordPass app. When I click on the Vehicle tab it shows me the mileage, fuel level and where my Bronco was on January 1st. I also noticed that the Weather no longer works on my Nav menu but this may be a separate issue. . I have reset the FordPass Connectivity on the radio and had no change. I contacted Ford of Canada Customer Service and the very nice lady named Theresa who I spoke to told me that my Sync was up to date. She then put me through to a number called FordGuides, who are the FordPass people. The (another very nice) lady named Nicole who I talked to there went through the the system on the FordPass end and told me that there has been no communication with the vehicle and that I would likely have to take it to the dealer to have the FordPass Connect modem serviced (which is apparently a separate device from the Sync modem). We decided to try doing a Master Reset on Sync to see if it would make a difference. After I did the Master Reset, she did not see in her system that one had been done so I tried a second time with the same result. What she said was that after the FordPass Connect reset and the Master Reset, it should have purged the authorized users from my Bronco on her screen, which it did not. So I guess I will have to go to the dealer and get this looked at.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Another issue that I was able to resolve was that my address was showing up as Montana and that was causing me to get bounced around when I tried to access certain parts of the ford.ca website. I was able to verify that this change was made so hopefully that issue is gone for good. Nicole also suggested that I delete the FordPass app from my phone to make sure that it fully updates the app.

Advertisement

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2021 Bronco, 2021 Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Try signing out of your account, use a different account to add the VIN to and try activating it. If this doesn't work, you have a fault in the vehicle somewhere. Most likely the modem or a module.

If you'd like, send me your VIN and I can pull an OASIS to see if I see anything common with bad modems reporting

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
So here is the OASIS report that Joshua pulled. Looks like there are a few gremlins that got wet and were fed after midnight. None of these errors show up in the indicators though. They don't appear to be affecting drivability either. Very strange.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.37.08 PM.png

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
VEry interesting, just now, almost two hours later I have received a notification on my app and an email that my FordPass authorization has been removed from my Bronco. I wonder why it took so long to reset. Maybe everything will work now?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go to your dealer, your modem may need to be reset (you can do this through the screen menu but if it doesn't work when you do it they may have to).

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
So... I just went out and re-activated FordPass Connect. Now it is reading the odometer, fuel and location correctly and the start, lock and unlock are working again . For some reason the controls for the zone lighting didn't show up in the menu anymore but then after a few minutes it showed up and eventually I got a notification about the connected Navigation being activated again. I'm going to see what happens over the next few days. I need to get into the dealer to have a couple of other things looked at too so I will try to make it all one visit.
Advertisement