Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I realize it’ll be free to start, but my question is longer-term.

For example, when I purchased my Jeep, the first year was free for the remote features with the Uconnect app. Same as my Audi was, and my Silverado before that with their respective phone apps.

Does Ford follow the same 1 year access, and then charge you? Or is it always free (outside of obvious things like in-vehicle wifi data plans, etc.). I love the phone access to remote start, lock/unlock doors, etc. and that will be my primary use for the app. Anyone who currently owns a Ford vehicle for 1+ year who can confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. - Yes, I’m brand new to Ford hence the newbie question :)
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just seen an article that for me the first company to offer fordpass for free.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just seen an article that for me the first company to offer fordpass for free.
If you come across that article, I’d love to see it if you can post it please.

That would be a game changer vs. most other auto manufacturers who charge for everything after a year.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 2019 Explorer we bought used, and the Fordpass works perfectly.(no fees or subscriptions) Lock/unlock, remote start, location tracking, vehicle info. Works from both our phones just fine.
It's my wife's vehicle, so I don't use the app much, but looking forward to using it with the Bronco.
You can schedule remote starts too! This will be handy in the winter to start it automatically before leaving for work everyday!

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 2019 Explorer we bought used, and the Fordpass works perfectly.(no fees or subscriptions) Lock/unlock, remote start, location tracking, vehicle info. Works from both our phones just fine.
It's my wife's vehicle, so I don't use the app much, but looking forward to using it with the Bronco.
You can schedule remote starts too! This will be handy in the winter to start it automatically before leaving for work everyday!
That’s awesome - Thank you! I love the scheduling of remote starts too.

Do you (or your wife) have an Apple Watch? Does the FordPass app show on there too? The apps for my Jeep and Audi showed on my watch and would show fuel levels and can remote start, etc. From that… it’s pretty handy.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you (or your wife) have an Apple Watch? Does the FordPass app show on there too? The apps for my Jeep and Audi showed on my watch and would show fuel levels and can remote start, etc. From that… it’s pretty handy.
No apple watch. I have a wearOS watch, but can't find a fordpass app for it.
The phone app also shows fuel level, tire pressure, oil life...tons of info.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Jeeps sucks sooooooooooo bad.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeeps sucks sooooooooooo bad.
Well, I own a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and would disagree with your statement.

I may be looking forward to my Bronco, but my Jeep has been great as well. Just looking to switch it up.

Now if your comment was more directed to a Wrangler, I would agree. I wouldn’t buy a Wrangler.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I own a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and would disagree with your statement.

I may be looking forward to my Bronco, but my Jeep has been great as well. Just looking to switch it up.

Now if your comment was more directed to a Wrangler, I would agree. I wouldn’t buy a Wrangler.
I was talking about the Uconnect app. It’s horrendous. My 18 SRT that’s going to be sold/traded for the bronco.

F720C82D-132C-452E-A04C-9329DCE21BBA.jpeg

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford follow the same 1 year access, and then charge you? Or is it always free (outside of obvious things like in-vehicle wifi data plans, etc.). I love the phone access to remote start, lock/unlock doors, etc. and that will be my primary use for the app. Anyone who currently owns a Ford vehicle for 1+ year who can confirm this?
Free app. But realize that although it has some nifty features (location, oil life, tire pressure, start, etc) it is primarily a marketing tool for Ford to deliver offer notifications and such.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was talking about the Uconnect app. It’s horrendous. My 18 SRT that’s going to be sold/traded for the bronco.

Ford Bronco FordPass - Is it free? F720C82D-132C-452E-A04C-9329DCE21BBA
Oh, I would 100% agree with that. The Uconnect app is garbage, especially coming from the Audi app I had prior to that.

Nice looking SRT; I know a few people with SRT Jeep’s and they’re awesome. And the Trackhawk is just at another level lol. Love the colour too!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, I would 100% agree with that. The Uconnect app is garbage, especially coming from the Audi app I had prior to that.

Nice looking SRT; I know a few people with SRT Jeep’s and they’re awesome. And the Trackhawk is just at another level lol. Love the colour too!
Thanks, the people choosing the colors at Chrysler (Stellantis) are genius’s. I didn’t get to use the FordPass app when I had my Focus RS so I don’t know if it’s better. I assume it is that’s how horrible Uconnect is. I do know the GM Onstar app is amazing. 5-10 seconds and my trucks running.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe FordPass is free in the way that Facebook is free. Ford is spying on your location and selling that information. I intend to avoid that app and the high/lux package for that reason.
Sponsored