Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I guess Ford just assumes lower priced model manual transmission owners already know there way around without the need of an app. 😂
giphy.gif
Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowering barriers to entry -- sounds altruistic, but in reality you end up with a bunch of lazy incompetents where they shouldn't be. If you can't be bothered to spend some effort to do preparation and legwork you don't deserve access to these types of areas. One thing that makes these remote areas great is that they aren't overrun.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd still wager it's a typo. I'm a pretty big history buff and never heard about George Everest's "Great Chartography of India".

Remember guys, these are the people that can't get a simple build and price to be accurate and my 12 year old daughter could have better picked the color for Cactus Gray on said B&P.
Correct is correct, even if they stumbled into it. Calling it out as incorrect, is still wrong, even if you think they got there accidentally.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this will be great, now I can find my house.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wish it was available on all Broncos :(

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right now I'm using my phone or a tablet and an app called "Alpinequest off-road explorer" I can save maps for use when out of cell service and load trail gpx tracks and save my track. It would be great if the built in nav could do all that. But I think it would be an industry first too. So I am not getting my hopes up too high.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tin foil hat people were right, the government was/is spying on us. All social media as well. Don't think for a minute that the lowliest in tech Bronco isn't reporting back to Ford on location, speed, MPH, ass pressure on the seats, and whatever else they can measure and sell.
I always thought it funny that the fin foil hat people assume that the government hasn't already developed a way to penetrate and bypass their flimsy hats! As if the government would say, "Well, they beat us with two layers of Reynold's Wrap! Oh, well!" 😄

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Archaic variant" doesn't really translate to "correct." But sure.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now I'm using my phone or a tablet and an app called "Alpinequest off-road explorer" I can save maps for use when out of cell service and load trail gpx tracks and save my track. It would be great if the built in nav could do all that. But I think it would be an industry first too. So I am not getting my hopes up too high.
You can do all that with the factory navigation. Mid package and up. You can load any gpx file and also export your own to share with others.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-offroad-navigation-gps-system-sync/

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it me or does this article feel like it’s lacking any real details? Don’t get me wrong it’s nice to know about but I want more!
It's a way to build up more commodity constraints by convincing folks to at least buy the Mid package.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowering barriers to entry -- sounds altruistic, but in reality you end up with a bunch of lazy incompetents where they shouldn't be. If you can't be bothered to spend some effort to do preparation and legwork you don't deserve access to these types of areas. One thing that makes these remote areas great is that they aren't overrun.
Those areas are already filled with Jeep people, it's not a high bar as it is. :LOL:

• Sad
Reactions: jxc

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I guess Ford just assumes lower priced model manual transmission owners already know there way around without the need of an app. 😂
I was thinking the same. Maybe it will be available through the Ford Pass Apps. Would be nice to just plug the phone in or connect it, open the app on your phone and it shows up on the touch screen Like the Ford pass apps for Ford/Alexa and Waze.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The point is that some people like myself aren't concerned. In fact I prefer curated ads, having "someone" know where I'm at at all times, and improve upon something that I've already purchased. Those people who have something to worry about, can disable such tracking features in all of today's tech. Although, I often wonder if it's not about the tracking that they dislike, it's more about complaining about "the man" that they do like.
Gone are the days of true adventure where you just pointed your rig down a dirt road not knowing where it might take you. For some, unplugging from technology is a welcomed gift that the mountains and deserts provide. You do you, though.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a novice to off roading I’m looking forward to this. Hopefully Ford will track the power of my ass cheeks clenching as I scrape this $50k rig against a rock.
Sponsored