First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Bronco Fam, I was just browsing YouTube and came across a well made video documenting a number of features of the Bronco. I had seen most items covered in other individual video's, but at 19:16 of this video, it was the first I've seen of the FordPass Performance App w/Off-Road Navigation explained...enjoy!

Sponsored

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I cant seem to find it in app store. The ford performance app i found looks like a pos

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great find! I can hardly find anything on youtube so hats off to you sir! This is a nice video that puts it all in one...

Same as above app not in Apple store...edit I see MrGreen said not until Fall.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like if you are going to use the Off-Road Trail Maps often and want to download these trails, it may be best to get the built-in navigation option with Sync 4. I would imagine it will be much more accurate when your Apple or Android Carplay loses GPS connection when out in the boonies.

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you watch the video it goes over this issue
I feel like if you are going to use the Off-Road Trail Maps often and want to download these trails, it may be best to get the built-in navigation option with Sync 4. I would imagine it will be much more accurate when your Apple or Android Carplay loses GPS connection when out in the boonies.

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? What point of the video does it state that? I heard it say that you can download the specific trail, but what if you don't have built-in navigation and your phone loses it's GPS connection? How does your car know you are following the trail precisely? Pretty sure we will need built-in nav to continue following our position accurately.

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really? What point of the video does it state that? I heard it say that you can download the specific trail, but what if you don't have built-in navigation and your phone loses it's GPS connection? How does your car know you are following the trail precisely? Pretty sure we will need built-in nav to continue following our position accurately.
I think you have to turn the radio down

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if it’s going to have the convoy system, or whatever it was called. They haven’t talked about at all.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your phone doesn't loose it's GPS position out in the boonies. If the route is done while you still have service, the GPS will continue to show where you are even when there is no cell service. You can't change routes, or look up anything new, or get more details as you move around, but the GPS stays connected and shows where you are on the map. I've been pleasantly surprised by what my phone GPS still shows when exploring way out of cell coverage.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this was already answered but I will add one more way of looking at this. GPS uses satellites, which you can pick-up just about anywhere on earth. Your cell phone's data (or Bronco Hot Spot) uses 3G to 4G signals from cellular antennas to get coverage. Thus, when you get to far away from these modern conveniences you will lose your ability to call, text, and of course download anything from the internet. That's why it's important to download first. Then your phones GPS antenna can still do its part and show where you are on the map. Note that it will still track you by telling you where you are using the coordinate system, but it wouldn't have that nice dandy pretty map in the background...

Last edited:

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really trying to decipher this because from the blogs, they’re saying you need the Mid package because of it’s connected navigation having GPS, but from watching the video, it seems that you only need the MidPackage if you wanna run the app from Sync4’s mobile app. If you’re using Apple Carplay, you can just use the gps from your phone.

Right?
Sponsored