First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just picked up a 2023 Wildtrak and it was garaged for a few weeks while I was on vacation. I came back and it went through a software update and my remote functions did not work. For example, I get a “Doors Failed to Lock. Please try again.” message when I try to unlock my doors.

I called Ford and the first customer service person said the update needed 48 hours to work through and to try again. I knew that was bull####, but I obliged and called again a few days later. This customer service rep hung in there with me and walked me through several things while I was in the car. Unfortunately none of them worked.

So she told me that Ford was aware of the problem with this most recent software update and to wait until they push out the next update which should correct it. I asked if I should just delete my account and then reinstate it and she advised against that.

Does anyone on this site have any solutions? Anyone gone through this recently? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s Nautilus had a similar issue. Would not work from the App. Discovered the battery voltage was slightly low. Same AGM battery as the Bronco (IIRC). Got funky results when I tried to charge it. Replaced it and there were no further issues. Probably should have tried to get a warranty replacement. Perhaps not worth the trouble….

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your vehicle was sitting for a few weeks, it may just need to be driven for a bit. Mine sat in a shop for a week or so with a technician in and out of it, which killed the battery. I received a notification on my phone that the truck was going into a "deep sleep" mode. Once the work was done on my truck I drove it for an hour or so and everything was all good. Try that and see if it helps.

If not, just "hang in there" as @Ford Motor Company will be here shortly to take your beverage order, and offer you an opportunity to slide into their DM's so they can "help."
Sponsored