Sponsored

FordPass Rewards™ Visa® Card - Seems Pretty Good?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got something from Ford on this new Visa Credit Card program.

FordPass Rewards™ Visa® Card

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/credit-card.html

10% Back in Points on Ford Service
5% Back in Points on Ford Dealership Purchases (including car purchases)
3% Back in Points on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining
1% Back in Points on all other purchases

These two things stood out too (Make your first purchase of a $3,000 vehicle down payment):
- 11,000 FordPass Rewards™ Points1 after your first purchase, get enough Points to enjoy The Works Service Package – a complimentary oil change3 and tire rotation
- $200 Statement Credit Every Year when you spend $6,000 in 12 consecutive billing cycles after account opening – your new vehicle would mean you’re halfway to this benefit

Also, no annual fee and some credits if you spend enough the first 3 and 6 months. Seems pretty legit if you are buying a new car from Ford and plan to do your service with them.
Sponsored

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

those are some good perks but I dont really trust my dealership, the closest dealer I do trust is almost 2 hours away, not servicing it there.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've signed up for this card to start building points for my bronco accessories. As you state, you can put up to $3000 down on a credit card if you are financing with Ford Credit. Some finance sources and dealers may even allow a larger down payment on the credit card. Another tip - if you are planning to buy an extended warranty or accessories, keep them separate from the car deal and pay for it on the credit card to get points back on that. The accessories, if paid for on a repair order through the service department (instead of on your buyers order), will net you 10% in points.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, with the talk about first deliveries starting in June, I think I'm ready to get this going now. Not sure what this mean though: Make your first purchase of a $3,000 vehicle down payment

Does that mean you have to make a $3000 down payment to qualify for these benefits? Hopefully not because I think Granger (and other dealers) will only do up to $2000 on a credit card.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok, with the talk about first deliveries starting in June, I think I'm ready to get this going now. Not sure what this mean though: Make your first purchase of a $3,000 vehicle down payment

Does that mean you have to make a $3000 down payment to qualify for these benefits? Hopefully not because I think Granger (and other dealers) will only do up to $2000 on a credit card.
its up to 3k, but given this is a Ford program, I dont think there will be lesser limit at the dealer level if its the Ford card. I have had the card since late last summer and plan on this plus there will be some promotional deals for accessory's.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its up to 3k, but given this is a Ford program, I dont think there will be lesser limit at the dealer level if its the Ford card. I have had the card since late last summer and plan on this plus there will be some promotional deals for accessory's.
Yeah, the reward points and promotional deals for accessories is what has me looking into this.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, the reward points and promotional deals for accessories is what has me looking into this.
I have 4 Fords at home, 2 of them go to the dealership often for oil changes etc as I play the points game, plus with the Bronco purchase, it will just pile on. I bought a 2019 F150 and they gave me enough points to cover like 8 oil changes, which they give you more service points on and sometimes double.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For purchases at Ford dealers, the intro APR only applies on purchases over $499 as far as I can tell.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For purchases at Ford dealers, the intro APR only applies on purchases over $499 as far as I can tell.
I've only spent 30 seconds looking at Ford's website reading up on this, but it looks like you can get 0% for 6 months on a down payment if it's more than $499. Sounds tempting to me, but I'll need to see if it's worth doing that over other rewards cards.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This might make it worth getting a card:

Ford Bronco FordPass Rewards™ Visa® Card - Seems Pretty Good? 0C3EB460-121D-48C9-8CD8-9BA2A812FFF0_4_5005_c
Sponsored