First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone tried this? Apparently you can record the trail cameras utilizing the Ford Pass app. I am going to look into it tomorrow.

FordPass Performance App with Off-Road Navigation
It’s a given that fancy infotainment technology is not what you might think of when you want to go off-roading, but this technology is just awesome. The navigation system includes more than 1,000 trail maps from NeoTreks’ AccuTerra Maps, Trails Offroad trail guides, and FunTreks trail guides. What's even better is that you don’t need an internet connection to use it. The system works on both the 8-inch and the 12-inch touchscreens for a truly complete off-road navigation system.
If you think that’s cool, just wait because there’s more. You can record your outings using the Ford Bronco’s cameras so you are able to share it with anyone you like later on. Sure, you can use a GoPro to record everything too, but the Ford Bronco’s app comes with a comprehensive series of telemetry and mapping that’s saved on top of your footage, making it extra special. Several sports cars and supercars offer something similar for race tracks and lapping telemetry, but now Ford Bronco has a unique system specifically designed for off-road trails. It’s simply amazing.

https://www.golfmillford.com/5-amazing-features-in-the-2021-ford-bronco/
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excited for this feature but I'm don't believe it is available yet. At least not that I have seen.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't go holding your breath waiting. I too have been looking forward to this feature for some time now. Ford kept pushing it back saying summer, then fall then early 2022. Now I don't even see it highlighted on the Ford/Bronco webpage.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Even if it does come out, where does it store the data? How do you extract it from the vehicle? Video files are large and I have a feeling there’s not much on board data storage in the bronco. And transferring video files wirelessly would take forever. Sounds like a pipe dream to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Klunatic

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if it does come out, where does it store the data? How do you extract it from the vehicle? Video files are large and I have a feeling there’s not much on board data storage in the bronco. And transferring video files wirelessly would take forever. Sounds like a pipe dream to me.
From what I understand it records to your phone via the Performance app

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I understand it records to your phone via the Performance app
If that were the case, it would rely on Bluetooth (or both on Wi-Fi) and would probably take a long time to transfer the data (maybe simultaneously recording and transferring?). I have a feeling the quality won’t be what people are expecting since hd would be such a large file. If they were really serious about this they should have put a SD card slot somewhere!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that were the case, it would rely on Bluetooth (or both on Wi-Fi) and would probably take a long time to transfer the data (maybe simultaneously recording and transferring?). I have a feeling the quality won’t be what people are expecting since hd would be such a large file. If they were really serious about this they should have put a SD card slot somewhere!
Pretty sure it uses the phone's camera to record the video. It's supposed to grab telemetry data from the Bronco.
The OP's link is from a dealer....

BN info could be old, though....

https://thebronconation.com/the-fordpass-performance-app-and-the-2021-bronco-part-1/

"Bronco’s implementation of the FordPass Performance app will guide Bronco owners over more than 2000 trails across the US, Canada, and Mexico. It will deeply integrate with the Bronco to capture detailed telemetry data and then display that data in an overlay of the trail footage that is captured on a smart phone at the press of a button. That video and trail experience can then be exported and shared virtually anywhere the user chooses on the internet. Every Bronco with the MID package will have access to the entire Bronco FordPass Performance experience, all owners need is a free FordPass account."

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That or an actual harddrive/internal drive. Higher end options from cars 5 to 10 years ago, it was actually common for there to be a hard drive built into the entertainment system. Who needs an SD card when you can save any data you want (mostly MP3s in my case) to the car's harddrive. I have a 10 year old car that still has the same music I put on it 10 years ago. A build in harddrive should also be faster for video recording.

Maybe they will setup one of the USB ports to use a SD card though??

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That or an actual harddrive/internal drive. Higher end options from cars 5 to 10 years ago, it was actually common for there to be a hard drive built into the entertainment system. Who needs an SD card when you can save any data you want (mostly MP3s in my case) to the car's harddrive. I have a 10 year old car that still has the same music I put on it 10 years ago. A build in harddrive should also be faster for video recording.

Maybe they will setup one of the USB ports to use a SD card though??
Because you’d still have to wirelessly transfer large data which would take forever. Hence the sd card which is removable. Writing to a hard drive is no faster than an sd card. How do you think 4k cameras write their data?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because you’d still have to wirelessly transfer large data which would take forever. Hence the sd card which is removable. Writing to a hard drive is no faster than an sd card. How do you think 4k cameras write their data?
True but I still miss the option of having an internal disk/drive thst didn't stick out in a USB port. I am sure its a big cost saving measure. Save to internal drive then later transfer to your device by plugging in a thumb drive. But there is hope since there has to be some kind of internal memory for Navaigation etc.

D1A3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Sahara, Atlas, X5d, 993 Cabriolet, 914 2.0L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone find any new information on this feature/capability?

alyssakatherine

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did this ever launch? Trying to find the best way to set up a dash cam but was wondering if there was a way to utilize the cameras onboard.
Sponsored