First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks. So sounds like panel above rear seat on 4 dr CANT be removed with the roof rack in place.

guess not that big of a deal since if you need a roof rack and plan on having say a thule, you wouldn’t want to remove the mid panel anyway
The way I read it they said the first two panels on the 4 door can be removed, meaning second row seat.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they would answer the question about white top option.
I’ve seen it asked several times but haven’t seen a response.
Mike Levine has not responded to that on Twitter either

The way I read it they said the first two panels on the 4 door can be removed, meaning second row seat.
The first two panels are the ones over the front seats. Looking at pictures with the rack, not being able to remove the panel over the back seats makes sense.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think “active” is a plug you can open and plug - aka the Jeep’s front row floor plugs. Passive are probably just weep holes in the low points of the body and marketing is “hyping” them to be “drain plugs”.

JK
This is correct. Passive are basically open holes. Here is the picture from Ford's web site of the active plugs that you have to actively open. ;)

Ford Bronco Ford's Answers to Bronco Questions Submissions (Q&A) 1596291489551

Ford Bronco Ford's Answers to Bronco Questions Submissions (Q&A) 1596291598631

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s true. More emotions fade the more I’ll come to my senses. Will happily switch to a CPO LR Disco that is 70k new for less than 55k, than getting jerked around on a 30k Ford that’s optioned up to 55k
It’s true. More emotions fade the more I’ll come to my senses. Will happily switch to a CPO LR Disco that is 70k new for less than 55k, than getting jerked around on a 30k Ford that’s optioned up to 55k
I have the same concern of being optioned up to 55000. That will push me to another vehicle

What does CPO mean?

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same concern of being optioned up to 55000. That will push me to another vehicle

What does CPO mean?
Certified Pre Owned (used car). Definition may vary by car make but in general dealer will inspect the used vehicle to certain specs and include an extended warranty. And if someone is going to buy a used Land Rover, you definitely want an extended warraty...repairs aren't cheap. They usually are more expensive than non-CPO used cars because of the warranty.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

If you are worried about being jerked around by Ford, don’t buy a Land Rover. Their reliability has been very poor for decades and the cost of parts and maintenance is outrageous. Not as bad as a Ferrari, but the adage of if you have to ask how much it will cost, you shouldn’t buy it in the first place applies.

That being said I would still like to own a new defender same day.

If cost isn’t a real concern and you are just frustrated by the less the optimal roll out by Ford, then by all means go buy a Land Rover. You will score bonus points at the country club.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this shows how much this is all a work in progress as they are still designing and finalizing some things and possibly soliciting feedback.....don't want to commit a firm answer on certain topics and be called out later on when things change

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think this shows how much this is all a work in progress as they are still designing and finalizing some things and possibly soliciting feedback.....don't want to commit a firm answer on certain topics and be called out later on when things change
Maybe true, but don't jerk your Bronco Enthusiasts around so much, they can be influencers for the Bronco that will bring additional sales, if they don't feel they are being played.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I was wondering if that Orange one on a different rear diff setup and two inch lift / 37’s is a bit of a in the open reveal of Warthogs to come. (That and the shorty pickup thing we had testing video of.)
Good guess on the Warthog. Put that shorty pickup was F150 based, not Ranger, so I might guess it was a true FSB mock up for years in the future.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish 33” was an option across the board. Is that option not as simple as it sounds?
I wish I knew, would like 33's with a 4.46:1 gear ratio. If they offered that in the outer banks I could go up from 32's to 33's without much of a issue. Though I'm afraid the 4.27:1 on the outer banks would be to high for 33's

Reactions: ELS

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wish I knew, would like 33's with a 4.46:1 gear ratio. If they offered that in the outer banks I could go up from 32's to 33's without much of a issue. Though I'm afraid the 4.27:1 on the outer banks would be to high for 33's
There are a lot of Wrangler owners on 35s with 4.10s or even 3.21s and a comparatively anemic 3.8 or 3.6L. You’ll be just fine ...

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am guessing that is the Badlands price. All the other models will get lockers, upgraded front axle, Bilsteins, IFS arms, etc. before even getting to wheels and tires.

If we take the difference between Badlands and Black Diamond as a proxy, we’re taking something like $6000, and that doesn’t including adding auto.
Here’s the problem: if it’s too expensive, the take rate will be low and Ford will end up selling something that no one is buying. Obviously, it’s all speculative at this point. “Just sayin’.”

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here’s the problem: if it’s too expensive, the take rate will be low and Ford will end up selling something that no one is buying. Obviously, it’s all speculative at this point. “Just sayin’.”
I did forget to take out the disconnect in that calculation too, but yeah.
Sponsored