First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once it is locked the fob has to be right there with you to unlock.
So walking away with the fob in your pocket prevents entry once you lock the doors.
Plus a Farady pouch key holder for a little extra signal blocking.
Sponsored

Reactions: GAN

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review 1F471DDC-C662-41D2-A68A-15A686401987

I love mine. Eventually I’ll figure out a way to quick release the front panel as well.
Glad it offers up a bit of security, blocks most of the precipitation, and cleans up the look.
Oddly enough I’ve picked up a total of .2mpg average.

Catatonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once it is locked the fob has to be right there with you to unlock.
So walking away with the fob in your pocket prevents entry once you lock the doors.
Interesting. Had the truck a year and a half and learned something new. Sure enough, lock, walk fob into house and come back and doesn't unlock. Thanks.

Sponsored

GoVols

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those little D rings on the top don’t bounce and rattle?
as Bulldogg915 said, tight, very tight - and no vibration or movement. 👍🏻
I installed the hinged version on mine and highly appreciative of the added security for both top-off and top-on instances. It was a bit of a PITA install, especially getting the final bolts attached from the rear-seat panel but eventually got it in.

The drawbacks are noticeable though.

First of all, I have a BRaptor which means that the lid doesn't really go up very high as the rear bar blocks it so I never use that functionality.

Secondly you can't fold down the panel against the rear seat in case you need to transport something long/large. Not the biggest issue but when you need the capability, you need it and don't have it.

The last item is that the lid blocks the space needed to use something like a TopLift Pro or RollNJack for easier removal of a hardtop. I have a camstrap system that I use in my garage but would prefer the ease of one of those tools but the lid simply blocks that functionality. And if I considered removing the lid to use the tool I lose all of the time and effort that it would provide by having to dissassemble and reassemble the lid.

One product that solves all of those issues is the Diabolical Slipstream as it's far more flexible in design. But I couldn't justify spending $1400 for that product when I got my Tuffy for less than $400 (found a significant discount code when I purchased). Diabilical has some discounts from time to time but still ends up well over $1200. I just can't justify that cost and then still needing to do some small mods to remove the rattling that the Diabolical product has with it's pin connector design.
Great points. Top removal and replacement is complicated by the enclosure for my TopLift. I’m pretty quick though, as I undo the center bolt on back and the 2 easy hand nuts (1 either side) closest to the tailgate. Then you can pivot the tailgate edge down towards floor - letting the axis that it pivots on be the 2 remaining hand nuts towards the seat. As long as you don’t have to remove the lid fully, its easy to reattach.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the tonneau cover still work, or is it higher than the sides of the truck ? I just ordered but want to be able to place the tonneau on top as well.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the tonneau cover still work, or is it higher than the sides of the truck ? I just ordered but want to be able to place the tonneau on top as well.
I don’t have a tonneau, so not sure of how it attaches, but hope these images answer for you. Just took them.
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_1567
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_1566
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_1565

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t have a tonneau, so not sure of how it attaches, but hope these images answer for you. Just took them.
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_1565
Thank you !

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you !
You bet. Let me know if you need any other images or info. I’ve had this for a week, and so glad I got it, even though it will slightly complicate my top removal/replacement with the TopLift Pro. It’s worth having a very solid and secure storage area. 👍🏻

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love mine. Eventually I’ll figure out a way to quick release the front panel as well.
Glad it offers up a bit of security, blocks most of the precipitation, and cleans up the look.
Oddly enough I’ve picked up a total of .2mpg average.
Is yours the more expensive one, the Deluxe ? That one looks like it is over the sides and you cannot use a tonneau - correct ?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2-dr, but keep my back seats folded down. It seems (from Ford's pics) the 2-dr cargo enclosure would be too short to cover the entire cargo area, as they show it with back seats up.

I wonder if a 4 door cargo enclosure would fit?

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2-dr, but keep my back seats folded down. It seems (from Ford's pics) the 2-dr cargo enclosure would be too short to cover the entire cargo area, as they show it with back seats up.

I wonder if a 4 door cargo enclosure would fit?
I think it wouldn’t work correctly, because the side plates/walls are cut precisely to meet the rise of the seats hinge line that cuts across the cargo floor. I don’t think the greater length of the 4 door sidewall hardware would fit over the shorter distance to the seat fold point on the 2-door.
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_9531

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is yours the more expensive one, the Deluxe ? That one looks like it is over the sides and you cannot use a tonneau - correct ?
I’m not sure, bought it second-hand.
It looks to be the factory-offered one from the get-go as far as I can tell, and as far as I know.
mid the deluxe one is one with a lid with gas struts, yes.
FWIW I see no room or really a need for a tonneau with it. Kinda serves that purpose as well.
Sponsored