First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.
Maybe I missed something. The people who are scheduled got an e-mail that they were scheduled and those that aren't scheduled didn't, right? I don't want to keep getting e-mails that says, "We scheduled some people, but you weren't one of them." When it's my turn, I'll take the e-mail.

As far as the timestamp thing goes, I think that horse has been beaten so badly that the bloody pulp that is left is no longer distinguishable as an equine. 😄 We've known for a long time that there would be some variation in production from a true, exactly-in-timestamp order. Those "priority" builds do suck and shouldn't have ever been a thing, but there already are a number of other posts/threads about that as well.

Maybe you're talking about something else?
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MississippiMule...is that you?

OP
OP

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree. It's not Ford's job to anticipate and manage everyone's feelings like that.

We've known all along, even from Ford, that orders were not going to go in exact timestamp order. Now that we're seeing that play out, people are having to face the music and they're not taking it well. It wasn't Ford's duty to send out an email 2 weeks ago reiterating something they've been saying all along.

It's one thing to be disappointed and frustrated that they didn't get to yours first, but it's another thing entirely to be stomping feet and taking it out on the people who did get scheduled in the very first week, of a 100+ week, process.

$0.02
Who is taking it out on the people that did get scheduled? I haven't seen that happening anywhere. Do I think it is BS? Yes, for sure but it isn't their fault. Does it piss me off that I might get pushed to 22 with an hour 2 reservation (because of the 2.7) while people with much later timestamps are getting them? Yes, absolutely, but again Ford's fault not theirs.
If Ford didn't want the anger from this process they never should have said timestamps were one of the biggest factors in build order. You especially shouldn't have said it when you are building commodity constrained builds wildly out of timestamp order.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind this is the very first month of production they are releasing from what I saw... most of them were the priority orders and first editions. July/August/September/October/November are going to be huge production months where most of the ‘21 Broncos are made.
I am actually relieved I did not get scheduled for production yet.
I have already did something I know I should not have done....Buy first model year.
I like the idea of the line workers getting warmed up before my is built. Even elite athletes that play the same game for years need to warm up for better results.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some of you in this thread have said that in May we will get an e-mail saying when our Bronco will be assembled, or something to that effect. Is this true for all those holding reservations or some subset of those holding reservations? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Bob

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is taking it out on the people that did get scheduled? I haven't seen that happening anywhere. Do I think it is BS? Yes, for sure but it isn't their fault. Does it piss me off that I might get pushed to 22 with an hour 2 reservation (because of the 2.7) while people with much later timestamps are getting them? Yes, absolutely, but again Ford's fault not theirs.
If Ford didn't want the anger from this process they never should have said timestamps were one of the biggest factors in build order. You especially shouldn't have said it when you are building commodity constrained builds wildly out of timestamp order.
I used a generic descriptor because I wasn't trying to accuse you specifically of taking it out on others.

I have however, absolutely witnessed people posting they are scheduled and others taking their frustration out on them.

There's enough of that vibe here in fact that I have stacks of DM's from people wanting to share their excitement with me privately, but afraid to mention it publicly.

It's amazing how many people were all excited for the process to begin, but once it did their true colors came out.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Send Ford some Dogecoin. That should move you up the ladder.
If you’d like to buy an NFT representing my order scheduling email, I can make it happen.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, imagine that. People who have early time stamps were excited for the process to begin but upon learning there is in fact no process at all we are mad. It’s just our “true colors.” What is wrong with us?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of you in this thread have said that in May we will get an e-mail saying when our Bronco will be assembled, or something to that effect. Is this true for all those holding reservations or some subset of those holding reservations? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Bob
For anyone who converted their reservation into an order. I suspect that if your order is code 99 "on hold/not until '22" that you shouldn't expect a build date in May. But if yours is planned as a MY21, I would expect the notice.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone from Ford or my dealer has contacted me at every milestone that needed my participation. If you haven't received the communication you're wanting yet it's because it's unnecessary at this time.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel that maybe math is the problem here. The vehicles below have to be built ASAP. As long as Ford is forced to sell through dealerships, they will have to do things to keep them happy. Case in point, priority orders on a hot new product. Your anger at Ford is misplaced. Call your state government and get dealer franchise laws repealed.

Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad image002

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...y-order-slots-were-allotted-to-dealers.15245/

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think OP is wrong in their frustration. it's a bit of a gut punch to hear for months that the reservation timestamp was the biggest thing, with obvious concessions for availability on parts. And all of that was communicated out fairly well, all things considered.

But this one was a solid wtf. The amount of grief that could have been solved with a simple "hey, people are going to start getting emails about their builds, and some line-shuffling will be occurring to get as many out the door as possible. We apologize for those at 'the front of line' that might feel wronged, but a WT at the front with parts constraints shouldn't hold up a BB behind it without any limitations. We hope you understand, we know you're excited, and we're doing everything we can to make things move"

An email like that, 2 weeks ago, and this forum would be about 50 threads lighter right now.
Or one could just conclude that on his own.

To collect much needed revenue, Ford is going to build whatever Broncos it can with the parts it as in its supply chain and deliver it to whomever ordered a Bronco in some near fashion related to reservation date and that person's numerical order in allocation at the dealership he ordered his Bronco. Ford has been very clear on that.

As Bronco Customers, WE WANT Ford to do it this way so it can build and deliver your bronco to you.
Sponsored

Last edited: