Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.
Seems like a bit of an overreaction...

I also am not sure you understand how dealer allocation works... or if you have any reason to be upset. Maybe you will get an e-mail today and will go back to being a ray of sunshine?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, imagine that. People who have early time stamps were excited for the process to begin but upon learning there is in fact no process at all we are mad. It’s just our “true colors.” What is wrong with us?
If you could point to me where Ford told you what your build date would be, and how they've violated that, or even point to me where Ford told you that by nature of having an "early time stamp" you would be included in the very first batch of production, I will concede my point.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really think including myself need to take a long break from the forum and forget about all things bronco for awhile....

Its becoming quite mind numbing..
I took a week off, came back and realize I missed nothing.

Honestly, there is no new info to be unearthed, our Broncos will arrive sometime in 3-9 months, and people will be pissed no matter what Ford does.

Finding new and creative ways to bitch about things is just boring.

55y2km.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you could point to me where Ford told you what your build date would be, and how they've violated that, or even point to me where Ford told you that by nature of having an "early time stamp" you would be included in the very first batch of production, I will concede my point.
On the flip side can you show me where Ford ever said that they were going to take 2 exact builds and schedule the one that was reserved 2 weeks later as the first build while the early reservation gets no communication at all?
Honestly, my dealer has been great through all of this and is just as pissed at Ford as I am. So this isn't just a consumer thing thinking Ford's communication has been horrendous

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact they HAVEN’T told me my build date while telling later reservation holders THEIR build date is the topic. If the latter are in the first batch, and I’m not, that violates the concept of reservations and timestamps.

I would point you to a few resources to learn more:

1. A clock.
2. A calendar.
3. General accepted concepts of time.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main frustration is in reading what some others have heard on the scheduling. If you believe what you read here (and you almost have to because Ford hasn't said crap) then production is likely queued through the end of June. I'm just failing to see what was the point in their early messaging if being an hour 2 reservation doesn't even put you in the first month of builds. Honestly, not being in the first batch wouldn't have bothered me this bad if most of the scheduled builds posted hadn't been well past my reservation time. This raises a bunch of questions, does Ford not sticking to their own word now push me to a 22 because I have the 2.7? Who knows, because Ford hasn't communicated crap.

Just b/c your a hour 2 time stamp, does not mean you will or should get scheduled ahead of someone at a different dealership with less allocations/ total orders. Timestamps are still valid, but only at your dealership. Your frustration should be if someone at your chosen dealership with a later time stamp is getting scheduled ahead of you. That would be a dealer issue not Fords. Also, these emails will being going out every week during the "first phase" of orders. Each dealership was allotted so many orders for the first batch. Each dealership will be different from the next. My dealership was allotted 3. 2 of those three have not received emails yet. They very well might get them next wed or Thursday or the following week? Either way they will get theirs in the order they should. Ford is currently scheduling for the weeks of 5/31-6/28. Again each dealership will have so many builds for the first batch. If someone at your dealership with a later time stamp then you is ahead of you, then it is more than likely a priority build (right or wrong).

Your dealer should be able to communicate with you. Ford's communication with dealers has been pretty good. At least here.

Ford understands everyone's excitement, and is actually ahead of schedule in "communicating" with their order holders. You will get your email. It's amazing how much negativity there is on a site that is dedicated to future Bronco OWNERS! I personally think Ford has done a great job managing the setbacks due to the pandemic and supply issues. They have taken the time to test and ultimately build a badass vehicle!

As for those who have a VIN and a build date, congratulations you will not be disappointed when your Bronco arrives!

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is sticking to his original statement that the next communication will be sometime during May. I've also asked a simple questions like where do I fall in the mix of other reservations, priority number etc. The only answer I get is that I should get a MY21 and oh yes you've got an early reservation. At one point he tried to tell me that they had 400 reservations so I have no clue. I would truly like some legit communications with an estimate on when I might expect to see my vehicle. I'm really starting to feel like we're all getting strung along. What's the point of a reservation if it truly doesn't mean anything????

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer is sticking to his original statement that the next communication will be sometime during May. I've also asked a simple questions like where do I fall in the mix of other reservations, priority number etc. The only answer I get is that I should get a MY21 and oh yes you've got an early reservation. At one point he tried to tell me that they had 400 reservations so I have no clue. I would truly like some legit communications with an estimate on when I might expect to see my vehicle. I'm really starting to feel like we're all getting strung along. What's the point of a reservation if it truly doesn't mean anything????
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go through? I've had similar difficulties trying to get an answer about where I stand in the allocation line...

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I missed something. The people who are scheduled got an e-mail that they were scheduled and those that aren't scheduled didn't, right? I don't want to keep getting e-mails that says, "We scheduled some people, but you weren't one of them." When it's my turn, I'll take the e-mail.

As far as the timestamp thing goes, I think that horse has been beaten so badly that the bloody pulp that is left is no longer distinguishable as an equine. 😄 We've known for a long time that there would be some variation in production from a true, exactly-in-timestamp order. Those "priority" builds do suck and shouldn't have ever been a thing, but there already are a number of other posts/threads about that as well.

Maybe you're talking about something else?
So let's delve into this... Let's say Ford has all the parts in its supply chain and can build any Bronco it needs to. Reservation timestamp priority is the only sequencing factor for production...

Reservation 1 is in Des Moines IA. Res. 2 is in Seattle, WA. Res. 3 is Boston, MA. Res. 5 is Santa Fe, NM.

It's not like Ford builds your truck and sticks it in Fed Ex and ships it to your dealership. The logistics of delivery is also a factor in the delivery of your Bronco. Ford mixes delivery of your Bronco in with the other orders your dealer has for other Ford models. Oh, and that whole system is screwed at the moment too because of a computer chip shortage that has Ford's production of its other models FUBAR also.

Grrrr... LET'S FIRE EVERYONE AT FORD BECAUSE THEY CANT GET THEIR SHIT STRAIGHT!

lol.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the flip side can you show me where Ford ever said that they were going to take 2 exact builds and schedule the one that was reserved 2 weeks later as the first build while the early reservation gets no communication at all?
Honestly, my dealer has been great through all of this and is just as pissed at Ford as I am. So this isn't just a consumer thing thinking Ford's communication has been horrendous
Do you really want to challenge me to a citation contest?

I mean, I personally would never expect Ford to communicate with every single person that *wasnt* scheduled and say "hey, buddy, just so you know, you might see a Bronco before yours is built"... but in a way they did through BN to their more engaged customers: Preview of "Your Bronco is Scheduled for Production" email coming April 15!

Look, obviously it's impossible for me to refute every single "show me where ford said *this hyper specific scenario*"... but there's no excuse to think that what we've witnessed this week, in the very first batch of production scheduling, week 1 out of 100+, is somehow way out of left field or an indication that Ford has gone against everything they've said to date:

Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.35.45
Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.36.29
Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.36.53
Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.37.45
Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.30.57
Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.34.09

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let's delve into this... Let's say Ford has all the parts in its supply chain and can build any Bronco it needs to. Build priority is the only sequencing factor for production...

Reservation 1 is in Des Moines IA. Res. 2 is in Seattle, WA. Res. 3 is Boston, MA. Res. 5 is Santa Fe, NM.

It's not like Ford builds your truck and sticks it in Fed Ex and ships it to your dealership. The logistics of delivery is also a factor in the delivery of your Bronco. Ford mixes delivery of your Bronco in with the other orders your dealer has for other Ford models. Oh, and that whole system is screwed at the moment too because of a computer chip shortage that has Ford's production of its other models FUBAR also.

Grrrr... LET'S FIRE EVERYONE AT FORD BECAUSE THEY CANT GET THERE SHIT STRAIGHT!

lol.
I think we're on the same page. I didn't understand OP's gripe other than the already-beaten-to-death gripes about the priority orders.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For anyone who converted their reservation into an order. I suspect that if your order is code 99 "on hold/not until '22" that you shouldn't expect a build date in May. But if yours is planned as a MY21, I would expect the notice.
My reservation has been converted and my order is code 19. So I guess I can expect an e-mail. Thanks!

Bob
Sponsored