Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A forum member with a March 23rd reservation posted his build is scheduled for June. Heā€™ll have his Bronco with a four month wait. Good for him. Nothing personal.

I think itā€™s reasonable people are unhappy about how that happened. Certainly isnā€™t end of world and life does go on but so much in the defense of Ford here, but little to no understanding of Fellow forum members frustration.

Has Ford done a decent job with all of this? Yes. Have they bonered a few things. Yes. I donā€™t get why two things canā€™t be true at same time.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's a lot of people defending the fact that Bronco's can't reasonably be built in reservation order for commodity availability etc. etc.. I wholeheartedly agree, but when Ford released the allocation crap, then the send your customers to the back of the line card, that negates any effort on Fords part to honor their well documented, long standing campaign of "built in roughly the order of reservation". I am a man of my word, but apparently, I ask too much of other people. These exceptions are fully in Fords control, yet they released them anyways.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't encourage reproduction. Some of the people on this site do NOT need little thems running around
j9fcy_.gif
True, this forum already has way too many bmw and tesla fanboys.

dmosaurus

Black Diamond
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't the last communication we've heard is that we'd hear in May?
Right, this was from the official communication email from Ford. As far as I believe, April 15th seems more of a inside info leak that was intended to surprise some order holders ahead of the set expectation for May.

We are all aware of the constraints and unfortunately this impact to a bunch of people, especially the first batch of early reservation holders, is shitty.

The generous side of me wants to keep holding on to May for the next line of official communication directly from Ford. But I suppose thats easier for me to swallow as i'm one of those that is holding onto the belief I am a MY22 build.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...]

Again with regard to communication, isnā€™t this supposed to be the role/job of the Bronco Nation? I donā€™t think it would take much to have a them get a bunch of bullet points about the roll out, the reservations and the recent email together and shoot a quick cheesy video about more than just what size takeout drink cups fit in the cup holders. So far as I see it we (the customer) get more information here in Bronco6G from a hand full of informed dealer employees, customer photography and occasional tweets from MrLevine.

[...]
You make a great post. I do want to say that the information has been available... even exactly that you're suggesting.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a theory that Ford was able to start production roughly a week or two early, and instead of redoing all of the estimated delivery scheduling they had started planning to share with everyone in May, they came up with the "priority order" idea to fill that extra production immediately, and keep to their May timeline for delivery estimates.

It was envisioned to pick later reservations more or less by random and thus, wouldn't really affect anyone's general delivery estimate. Plucking reservations out here and there over 12 months of builds has a very small impact on scheduling than trying to accelerate the entire 12 months up 2 weeks.

That way they can get a week or two's worth of production in without having to adjust the entire MY21/MY22 around.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Possible, but it seems obvious that it would have been much simpler to just select each dealer's earliest reservation, or just all of the earliest timestamps. When something is done in a complex way involving the manual interaction of thousands of dealerships and documents marked "secret", I can't believe that it was done for the sake of convenience.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can appreciate that, and thank you for your edit. My rumblings may indeed prove to be premature, but sunlight is the best antiseptic, and thus far weā€™ve all been kept in the dark.

For a company like Ford, that in and if itself is inexcusable. They have done a poor job at communicating to this point and continually leave customers speculating and making assumptions do to a lack of clarity and openness.
When people are left to their own devices and interpretations it should come as no surprise that circumstances are what they are and trust is fractured.

Hopefully, Bronco will be as advertised and this shitty rollout will be a distant memory when Iā€™m on a two-track trail deep in the boondocks looking for a hard to get to honey-hole, with a cane pole, a grass creel, a Yeti full of beer and my dog Bocephus riding shotgun with the doors and roof off. Time will tell.
Veedauwoo should be nice right about the time it shows up. :)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think anyone here has a clue how good Bronco peeps have it.

I have ordered 3 Fords (2013 Raptor, 2016 RS & 2019 Raptor) and there was NO communication whatsoever about whether or not my order was pulled from the order banks.

The fact that Ford seems to have automated this process of notifying customers that their order has been pulled with a VIN and also provide you with a build week is HUGE.

This process has never existed before. I am assuming that this current process was created for the Bronco and maybe for the MachE because these 2 vehicles were reserved?

Again, you guys have it good.

This was my main question as I (along with many others) have a busy life and donā€™t have the time or desire to constantly check for a VIN email.

To the original post about the very poor communication issue, this will unfortunately fall on the backs of the salesmen and thatā€™s a highly variable info source depending on their overall bronco order understanding and added individual dealer agendas (some arenā€™t honest).

The original email outlining yesterdayā€™s build schedule email could have broken it down a bit better & given more than just the ā€œstarting April 15ā€ information even adding something to the effect of ā€œand each Thursday afternoon thereafterā€ would have been a nice bit of information to know?

Again with regard to communication, isnā€™t this supposed to be the role/job of the Bronco Nation? I donā€™t think it would take much to have a them get a bunch of bullet points about the roll out, the reservations and the recent email together and shoot a quick cheesy video about more than just what size takeout drink cups fit in the cup holders. So far as I see it we (the customer) get more information here in Bronco6G from a hand full of informed dealer employees, customer photography and occasional tweets from MrLevine.

I donā€™t know the solution & Ford Motor Company is so big that I imagine the leadership & workers are all in their own little silos with many departments not know what the other department upstairs is doing so then weā€™ just have to wait and see who wins at Bronco Bingo!

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possible, but it seems obvious that it would have been much simpler to just select each dealer's earliest reservation, or just all of the earliest timestamps. When something is done in a complex way involving the manual interaction of thousands if dealerships, I can't believe that it was done for the sake of convenience.
Yeah, but that would have just had the effect of bumping the entire production/commodity delivery schedule up a week or two. It would have had to have been totally reconfigured from scratch around shutdowns, part availability, holidays, supplier schedules, etc.

By allowing each dealer to ostensibly select an random at order, it dilutes the disruption to the full plan.

Sponsored

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You make some valid points. I do think this is an extremely complicated roll out making it harder for Ford. I also think the time stamp was over emphasized while the dealer allocation plus the small number of priority builds are probably a bigger factor in when we get our Broncos
It does appear as the Timestamp doesnā€™t mean really anything? Sounds like a lottery so far? I donā€™t recall anything about ā€˜Priority builds ā€˜ prior? Ha.
I imagine these ā€˜priorityā€™ builds are for VIPS and those with influence and connections? Just have to wait and see. The June 1st gimmick that they were claiming and my dealer had said the same seems like was a con from the start. Maybe they just wanted to lock as many people in for orders ? Interesting.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A forum member with a March 23rd reservation posted his build is scheduled for June. Heā€™ll have his Bronco with a four month wait. Good for him. Nothing personal.
Another guy just posted that his dealer was confused about how priority allocations worked . I wonder if that same scenario he laid out is how 3/23 guy got his.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but that would have just had the effect of bumping the entire production/commodity delivery schedule up a week or two. It would have had to have been totally reconfigured from scratch around shutdowns, part availability, holidays, supplier schedules, etc.

By allowing each dealer to ostensibly select an random at order, it dilutes the disruption to the full plan.
I hope they have a computer or two for that and don't have to rewrite the list by hand every time something changes. ;)
Sponsored