MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line, Jay Leno had to get his Bronco before everybody. Regardless , claiming the reservation date was the deciding factor in scheduling, then carrying out scheduling that contradicts that claim is just plain wrong. My reservation placed me in MY22 so I have no dog in this fight. However, being a life long Ford owner, this entire process is a joke. Those who did what they were instructed to do in order to be at the front of the line, only to find out now they are being back scheduled have every right to be upset. Poor business planning and operating on Ford‘s part. Nothing like lousy customer recognition to create brand loyalty. Heads should roll in the Bronco management team.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bottom line, Jay Leno had to get his Bronco before everybody. Regardless , claiming the reservation date was the deciding factor in scheduling, then carrying out scheduling that contradicts that claim is just plain wrong. My reservation placed me in MY22 so I have no dog in this fight. However, being a life long Ford owner, this entire process is a joke. Those who did what they were instructed to do in order to be at the front of the line, only to find out now they are being back scheduled have every right to be upset. Poor business planning and operating on Ford‘s part. Nothing like lousy customer recognition to create brand loyalty. Heads should roll in the Bronco management team.
You sir have just shown “your true colors”. Apparently you value a sense of consistency, process, honesty , and fairness. How dare you.? Prepare for the scorn and retribution you’ll be subjected to on this forum as the honorable traits you portrayed, and realistic expectations you expounded upon will now pigeon hole you into the category of a “whiner”.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a retired USAF Airman, I can appreciate that sentiment, and even though I retired over 16 years ago, I don’t recall while I was in the waiting phase of the “hurry up and wait” process, having my OIC come along at random intervals and placing other “hurry up and waiters” in the form of lower ranking, newer recruits , in front of me and my group, and poking me in the eye ever so often without some justification. Even then., rank had its privilege. Perhaps your Army experience was different, but there was a method to that madness......something that has obviously been lacking in this process.

Thank you for your service my brother in arms.
Apparently madness is the method.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel like I can go through here and pick out the members who stand up on the plane the exact second it gets to the gate, grab their stuff and stand in the aisle...despite being told to stay seated and the fact the door won't be open for 10 minutes.

It's Friday. And at the very least, we could have gotten emails that said 'such and such supplier crapped out and no models will be released til July 2022'.

Yeah, it sucks, but it is what it is. It could be worse. You could be living under a bridge. You could have an inoperable brain tumor. They could stop making Dr. Pepper. Waiting in line is a part of life.

AT LEAST WE'RE ALL EVENTUALLY GOING TO GET A BRONCO! Then we'll be so busy modding and taking pictures and driving we will forget alllll about this.

Well...some of us will...
Don't even think about jacking with my Dr.pepper

Honoroffroad

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I usually refrain from posting, whatever you post will either stoke the flames or you get personally attacked. But, Agree with many that the process has been an embarrassment, tons of hype follow by delay after delay , the end result is that some loyal Ford owners ( possibly myself included) are going to reconsider competitive vehicles and potential new Ford purchasers will be left with a bad taste and walk back the other way. Yes places in line will open but over the long run it will hurt the company that a lot of us love. Which usually leads to stuff being canceled or investments in good new ideas get squashed. Through this whole processes we have also seen many other manufacturers launch vehicles without these issues that do seem to be worse with the bronco ( possible bias here).
ex 392 rubicon already on lots , TRX on the road

I know those are not totally new vehicles ( FYI bronco sits on ranger chassis) but still

rant over. Hopefully Ford figures it out and gets production to a level to end all the drama and complaints.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The allocation thing just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I understand trying to get Broncos out to more areas but suspect it was more about dealers losing sales and complaining. Not everyone that reserved with Stephens is from West Virginia. Not everyone with Granger is from Iowa. I see it as an excuse. Input zip codes of buyers if you wanted a true distribution spread.

Here in NE Ohio there is a NE Ohio Ford Dealership group. The Cleveland show and tell was put on by this group and not an individual dealership. I wouldn't be surprised if they all agreed to sell at MSRP. I called several in the area and every dealer was selling at MSRP. No ADM. I even pointed out the Stephens offer and was basically told I was full of shit. No way would any dealer be doing that offer. (Any dealer or a NE Ohio dealer?) There was also a lack of communication and a real take it or leave it attitude with these dealers.

I have seen many Ohio buyers that switched to Stephens including myself. So did NE Ohio Ford Dealers start watching reservations leave and contact Ford about losing sales? I think it is very likely this happened. If reservation were to be filled by timestamp then there would be many dealers here left out.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think we first day reservers need to wait until the third week of the scheduling cycle to get po'd. I'm sad I didn't get the call but not mad. They way the process works we will know if we're being bent over after that third week. I'm betting most first dayers will be taken care of by then. Some won't and we'll here from them then.

Ford's process is not to internet era friendly. They have a time frame for doing this release and other than the Dec to January order delay have stuck to it. They are actually a few weeks ahead with the current round of scheduling. Problem is every tidbit goes wide before the ink (electrons) are dry. What would have been coffee shop bitchin' 30 years ago now is viral instantly and it feeds on itself.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a retired USAF Airman, I can appreciate that sentiment, and even though I retired over 16 years ago, I don’t recall while I was in the waiting phase of the “hurry up and wait” process, having my OIC come along at random intervals and placing other “hurry up and waiters” in the form of lower ranking, newer recruits , in front of me and my group, and poking me in the eye ever so often without some justification. Even then., rank had its privilege. Perhaps your Army experience was different, but there was a method to that madness......something that has obviously been lacking in this process.

Thank you for your service my brother in arms.
You are welcome, and the same. I retired 35 years ago, so I went in to the Brown shoe Army, which was way different than today's Army, it was "Yes Sir, No Sir, 3 bags full". I remember asking my Plt. Sgt one time, Why?, well, we went behind the POL shed and he proceeded to show me Why! Gave me a medium size set of lumps, needless to say I never asked why again. When I retired as a MSGT I knew why you can't allow that question, can't take a vote on 'taking that hill'. But I digress, I have never had a Ford before, and this one may well be my last, I have never been treated to so much BS in my life, from the dealer up, so far this roll out has been FUBAR.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lots of sour grapes. Ford is working out their communications channel on this. That dealerships have a difficult time disseminating information to their customers is nothing new. Generally there is staff turnover and folks jobs are selling cars not determining multinational communication standards for a massive organization.

Ford has communicated with just about all of us as much as it needs to. It also provides a tool for you to track your vehicle through the process (while most of you haven't used that tool yet, it does exist and it functions better than a customer needs it to).

These threads will be a dime a dozen for the next 7 months as the thin-skin society gets in various stages of heartburn.

Ford has no reason to try and communicate with individuals really much at all, it's that dealerships screw up so often it's as if they are trying that the mothership has to step in.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are welcome, and the same. I retired 35 years ago, so I went in to the Brown shoe Army, which was way different than today's Army, it was "Yes Sir, No Sir, 3 bags full". I remember asking my Plt. Sgt one time, Why?, well, we went behind the POL shed and he proceeded to show me Why! Gave me a medium size set of lumps, needless to say I never asked why again. When I retired as a MSGT I knew why you can't allow that question, can't take a vote on 'taking that hill'. But I digress, I have never had a Ford before, and this one may well be my last, I have never been treated to so much BS in my life, from the dealer up, so far this roll out has been FUBAR.
SNAFU. For sure. I keep hoping the vehicle will help erase the bad experience of the process.

DillyCrack

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only information I’ve received so far is that my dealership is getting 15 Broncos. No idea where I am in that order and neither do they. I’m slowing losing my mind.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole process, which let’s be honest was Ford acquiescing to their dealers because they probably were complaining that they were not going to get bronco orders, If they were strictly based off of reservation timestamps, highlights why a direct sales model (i.e. Tesla) can be superior. Disclaimer: I am not a Fanboy

Either way, Ford needs to learn the customer loyalty is much more important than dealer loyalty. A Ford dealer is not going to go under simply because they didn’t have bronco sales and dealer owners are not likely move away from Ford just because of this. If a dealer was upset at the allocations they were getting then they should’ve done a better job getting those reservations from customers (i.e. customer loyalty, marketing, better pricing, more knowledgeable, more responsive). There is a reason why some smaller dealerships actually have many more bronco reservations - they did a better job.​
If Ford had stated all of this upfront then people would not be nearly as annoyed. They dug themselves a major hole when they made such a big deal out of reservation timestamp.​

Sponsored