Cap

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This post is intended to address Ford's failure to timely fulfill Bronco orders and failure to meaningfully communicate with order holders.

I reserved a Bronco on 8/3/20, and placed my order on 2/18/21 for a 4-door OBX with MIC. On 10/28/21, I converted my order to a soft top on the recommendation of my Dealer salesperson who advised that doing so would speed up the timeline on when I would receive the vehicle (sigh). Ford originally provided me a with 12/20/21 build date. Thereafter Ford delayed my build week five separate times (indeed, at one point Ford delayed my build week twice in less than a 48-hour timeframe), until it was finally changed to the week of 3/14/22. To the extent the Tracker can be relied on (it cannot), my Bronco has been “In Production” since 3/18/22. Similarly, at one point my ETA was 4/7-13. That ETA has since been delayed at least 3 times (that I know of) to 6/3, 6/8, and most recently 6/23. I have no confidence that my 6/23 ETA will hold.

I enjoy working with folks at my Dealer; they are good people who are not all responsible for Ford’s abject failure to deliver. But my Dealer rep tells me Ford gives him no information. The Manager of my Dealership tells me Ford gives him no information. Said Manager called his Ford rep on my behalf – and then relayed back to me that his Ford rep had no information. I’ve repeatedly called Ford’s Customer Service who initially provided the (scripted) response that I should speak with my Dealer as the Dealer would have the pertinent information. I then proceeded to explain that I have done so, countless times, and they do not, in fact, have any information. But alas, Customer Service then tells me that they too have no information. Instead, they typically then refer me to Marketing HQ (I’ve spoken to three different individuals there over the past month) and, none of them have any information either with the exception of the aforementioned (and completely unreliable) “ETAs.” Making matters worse, on some calls the Marketing HQ representative tells me my Bronco is not on chip hold. On other calls they tell me that my Bronco is, in fact, on chip hold. One Marketing HQ representative told me that the “ETA” is when my Dealer will receive my Bronco from Ford. Yet on a separate call with a different Marketing HQ representative, I was told that “ETA” signifies only when my Bronco will ship from the plant. When I point out these inconsistencies and seek to reconcile them on calls with Marketing HQ, I get non-answers.

What I do hear a lot about when speaking with Ford reps, however, is the party line about difficulties they’ve experienced producing these vehicles in a timely fashion due to COVID and supply chain disruptions. Do you know who else has experienced pandemic and supply chain disruptions? Practically every significant manufacturer in the world! And as someone who professionally counsels business and manufacturers, particularly in navigating those COVID/supply chain disruptions in the past couple years, I am personally unaware of any significant manufacturer who has failed so abysmally as Ford.

But let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that all of Ford’s present challenges were unforeseeable and let’s further assume Ford’s inability to mitigate those challenges, in the years since they did become known, could also be excused. That which no pandemic, chip shortage, trucking delay, etc., can excuse is Ford’s absolute failure and breakdown in customer service and communication. Ford’s failure to communicate with at least this order holder is astonishing. And the lack of information Ford makes available to its customer service and Marketing HQ personnel is shocking. Among the questions I’ve put to them – on multiple occasions:
  • How many Broncos are currently “In Production”?
  • What is the holdup in the completion of my build? Is it a chip hold or is the delay on account of some other part?
  • How many other Broncos are similarly on hold? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
  • How many Broncos that are “In Production” for whatever reason and due to be completed before mine?
  • What is Ford doing to resolve those issues?
  • Did Ford order new chips or seek to source them elsewhere and, if so, when?
  • Assuming Ford has sought to procure additional microchips, did Ford order enough to fulfill its current backlog of “In Production” orders?
  • When does Ford expect to start receiving those chips?
  • How is Ford prioritizing the build of Broncos? FIFO? Is Ford prioritizing orders placed through certain dealerships over others?
  • Is Ford really going to reopen its order banks for the Model Year 2023 before clearing out the backorders?
  • Is Ford going to start producing new orders before fulfilling the prior orders?
  • Without even seeking a specific date – does Ford reasonably think I’ll receive my Bronco in Q3? Before year end? By mid-2023?
In response to these, and practically every other question I ask, the answer is always the same: “I don’t have that information” and/or “Ford doesn’t give me that information.” But here’s the thing: the answers to those questions are knowable. Somebody at Ford knows how many orders remain in the “In Production” purgatory. Somebody at Ford knows how many Broncos are scheduled to be completed before mine. Somebody at Ford knows when, approximately, and assuming everything goes to plan (assuming there is one), I could reasonably expect to receive my Bronco. But Ford is choosing to *not* communicate that to order holders (despite their patience to-date). And, Ford is also choosing to not give access to that information to its customer-facing personnel. In so-doing, Ford is intentionally depriving order holders from the ability to make informed decisions. To illustrate, if there are only 200 Broncos likewise on-hold and/or scheduled to be built before mine – that is one thing. If, on the other hand, there are 20,000 Broncos on-hold and/or scheduled to be built before mine – that is quite another thing, and the disclosure of that info may cause me to pursue another vehicle. Ford knows this. Ford still chooses a total lack of transparency.

What is even the point of providing customers with a Build Date that doesn’t hold? Why even bother providing ETAs that don’t get met? Is Ford proud of its meaningless and infuriating Tracker?

I have a hard time accepting that a Company as long-standing and successful as Ford has been historically is actually this inept at operations and customer service. Rather, at this point, I am beginning to suspect that Ford took its 150K+ ’21 Bronco orders *knowing* that Ford could not timely fulfill those orders, so it could reflect high demand on its books or to achieve some other share-price motivated purpose.

It is difficult to comprehend the good will Ford has lost as a consequence of this process. No amount of flags, hammocks, or swag can make up for the complete lack of trust and confidence I now have in the Company.

To be clear – all of the people with whom I’ve actually interacted about this order process – my Dealer salesperson, the Dealer Manager, the customer service personnel at Ford, the people at Marketing HQ – have been professional and courteous (and also apologetic). None of this is on them. But someone at Ford is responsible for this botched rollout. Again, even if Ford’s inability to secure parts and timely complete builds could be completely excused, there is no valid excuse for the Company’s horrendous customer service and lack of communication.

For those of you who have already received your Bronco – I’m happy for you and hope you enjoy the vehicle. I'm envious of your posts and pics. For those of you who advise it's worth the wait - I hope you're right. But for those of you who, like me, continue waiting – regrettably I don’t see this situation improving until those individuals at Ford who do have information and are in a position to provide more transparency are properly motivated to take accountability and address the situation.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two prongs on the fork here; Either Ford is not competent enough to answer these questions due to a lack of structure or information on their end or they are choosing to not answer them and have the relevant information (or a combination therein)

The first seems to have some validity if you consider the pictures and videos of acres upon acres of parked Broncos around the plant. I find it, personally, very difficult to believe that each Bronco was carefully parked such that they have an accurately mapped precise location of each and every vehicle and the relevant information on each one along with an extraction plan that would favor the first ones in the lots with the same problem will be the first ones out. (what is wrong with it, what date it was produced, etc.). Gives a logical veneer of truth-sounding to the rumors that Ford has no plan for fixing them in any order except perhaps the ones that they can drive out of the lot with the least amount of jockeying around other vehicles. Leaving the oldest ones to rot until they get to them at the end. I just find it unreasonable to think the people they pay to park them are looking for an exact pre-arranged spot or are updating maps with the locations after parking each one. This would lead to Ford honestly not knowing any information on when it might be finished with 'production'.

The other end of the spectrum is that Ford likely does know the number of affected vehicles for each problem, an exact location, and a timeline for getting it finished (shipping is probably a problem they don't worry about until it is just about ready to be shipped). If they are not telling the dealers that information, it is logically inferred that the answer would tend to lose sales and effect the stock price. Meaning it is a long, long ass time.

The actual truth is, of course, somewhere in between, however with their history on blowing every single facet of this launch, many folks are assuming it is much closer to the first possibility than the second.

So you pick your theory and go with gross incompetence, willful deception, or a mix between and your guess is as good as mine on where the truth lands.

(I am a way over towards gross incompetence for my take on the matter with Ford knowing a rough date of what production date vehicles are in what part of the lot, very generally speaking)

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well said.

I'm sure there are multiples issues......commodities, huge product demand, labor, crap suppliers (Webasto disaster), mega dealer ego massaging, etc. Guessing Ford doesn't want to issue a press release (or other communications that get posted) detailing the particulars on any of it that might worry shareholders.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This post is intended to address Ford's failure to timely fulfill Bronco orders and failure to meaningfully communicate with order holders.

I reserved a Bronco on 8/3/20, and placed my order on 2/18/21 for a 4-door OBX with MIC. On 10/28/21, I converted my order to a soft top on the recommendation of my Dealer salesperson who advised that doing so would speed up the timeline on when I would receive the vehicle (sigh). Ford originally provided me a with 12/20/21 build date. Thereafter Ford delayed my build week five separate times (indeed, at one point Ford delayed my build week twice in less than a 48-hour timeframe), until it was finally changed to the week of 3/14/22. To the extent the Tracker can be relied on (it cannot), my Bronco has been “In Production” since 3/18/22. Similarly, at one point my ETA was 4/7-13. That ETA has since been delayed at least 3 times (that I know of) to 6/3, 6/8, and most recently 6/23. I have no confidence that my 6/23 ETA will hold.

I enjoy working with folks at my Dealer; they are good people who are not all responsible for Ford’s abject failure to deliver. But my Dealer rep tells me Ford gives him no information. The Manager of my Dealership tells me Ford gives him no information. Said Manager called his Ford rep on my behalf – and then relayed back to me that his Ford rep had no information. I’ve repeatedly called Ford’s Customer Service who initially provided the (scripted) response that I should speak with my Dealer as the Dealer would have the pertinent information. I then proceeded to explain that I have done so, countless times, and they do not, in fact, have any information. But alas, Customer Service then tells me that they too have no information. Instead, they typically then refer me to Marketing HQ (I’ve spoken to three different individuals there over the past month) and, none of them have any information either with the exception of the aforementioned (and completely unreliable) “ETAs.” Making matters worse, on some calls the Marketing HQ representative tells me my Bronco is not on chip hold. On other calls they tell me that my Bronco is, in fact, on chip hold. One Marketing HQ representative told me that the “ETA” is when my Dealer will receive my Bronco from Ford. Yet on a separate call with a different Marketing HQ representative, I was told that “ETA” signifies only when my Bronco will ship from the plant. When I point out these inconsistencies and seek to reconcile them on calls with Marketing HQ, I get non-answers.

What I do hear a lot about when speaking with Ford reps, however, is the party line about difficulties they’ve experienced producing these vehicles in a timely fashion due to COVID and supply chain disruptions. Do you know who else has experienced pandemic and supply chain disruptions? Practically every significant manufacturer in the world! And as someone who professionally counsels business and manufacturers, particularly in navigating those COVID/supply chain disruptions in the past couple years, I am personally unaware of any significant manufacturer who has failed so abysmally as Ford.

But let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that all of Ford’s present challenges were unforeseeable and let’s further assume Ford’s inability to mitigate those challenges, in the years since they did become known, could also be excused. That which no pandemic, chip shortage, trucking delay, etc., can excuse is Ford’s absolute failure and breakdown in customer service and communication. Ford’s failure to communicate with at least this order holder is astonishing. And the lack of information Ford makes available to its customer service and Marketing HQ personnel is shocking. Among the questions I’ve put to them – on multiple occasions:
  • What is the holdup in the completion of my build? Is it a chip hold or is the delay on account of some other part?
  • How many other Broncos are similarly on hold? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
  • How many Broncos that are “In Production” for whatever reason and due to be completed before mine?
  • Assuming Ford has sought to procure additional microchips, did Ford order enough to fulfill its current backlog of “In Production” orders?
  • How is Ford prioritizing the build of Broncos? FIFO? Is Ford prioritizing orders placed through certain dealerships over others?
  • Is Ford really going to reopen its order banks for the Model Year 2023 before clearing out the backorders?
  • Is Ford going to start producing new orders before fulfilling the prior orders?
  • Without even seeking a specific date – does Ford reasonably think I’ll receive my Bronco in Q3? Before year end? By mid-2023?
In response to these, and practically every other question I ask, the answer is always the same: “I don’t have that information” and/or “Ford doesn’t give me that information.” But here’s the thing: the answers to those questions are knowable. Somebody at Ford knows how many orders remain in the “In Production” purgatory. Somebody at Ford knows how many Broncos are scheduled to be completed before mine. Somebody at Ford knows when, approximately, and assuming everything goes to plan (assuming there is one), I could reasonably expect to receive my Bronco. But Ford is choosing to *not* communicate that to order holders (despite their patience to-date). And, Ford is also choosing to not give access to that information to its customer-facing personnel. In so-doing, Ford is intentionally depriving order holders from the ability to make informed decisions. To illustrate, if there are only 200 Broncos likewise on-hold and/or scheduled to be built before mine – that is one thing. If, on the other hand, there are 20,000 Broncos on-hold and/or scheduled to be built before mine – that is quite another thing, and the disclosure of that info may cause me to pursue another vehicle. Ford knows this. Ford still chooses a total lack of transparency.

What is even the point of providing customers with a Build Date that doesn’t hold? Why even bother providing ETAs that don’t get met? Is Ford proud of its meaningless and infuriating Tracker?

I have a hard time accepting that a Company as long-standing and successful as Ford has been historically is actually this inept at operations and customer service. Rather, at this point, I am beginning to suspect that Ford took its 150K+ ’21 Bronco orders *knowing* that Ford could not timely fulfill those orders, so it could reflect high demand on its books or to achieve some other share-price motivated purpose.

It is difficult to comprehend the good will Ford has lost as a consequence of this process. No amount of flags, hammocks, or swag can make up for the complete lack of trust and confidence I now have in the Company.

To be clear – all of the people with whom I’ve actually interacted about this order process – my Dealer salesperson, the Dealer Manager, the customer service personnel at Ford, the people at Marketing HQ – have been professional and courteous (and also apologetic). None of this is on them. But someone at Ford is responsible for this botched rollout. Again, even if Ford’s inability to secure parts and timely complete builds could be completely excused, there is no valid excuse for the Company’s horrendous customer service and lack of communication.

For those of you who have already received your Bronco – I’m happy for you and hope you enjoy the vehicle. I'm envious of your posts and pics. For those of you who advise it's worth the wait - I hope you're right. But for those of you who, like me, continue waiting – regrettably I don’t see this situation improving until those individuals at Ford who do have information and are in a position to provide more transparency are properly motivated to take accountability and address the situation.
100% agree! And why should a customer even have to do any leg work on what’s going with an order

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll lay 10 min to lock... Lol

Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I reserved the day before you….I don’t even have a build date and vin still.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are two prongs on the fork here; Either Ford is not competent enough to answer these questions due to a lack of structure or information on their end or they are choosing to not answer them and have the relevant information (or a combination therein)

The first seems to have some validity if you consider the pictures and videos of acres upon acres of parked Broncos around the plant. I find it, personally, very difficult to believe that each Bronco was carefully parked such that they have an accurately mapped precise location of each and every vehicle and the relevant information on each one along with an extraction plan that would favor the first ones in the lots with the same problem will be the first ones out. (what is wrong with it, what date it was produced, etc.). Gives a logical veneer of truth-sounding to the rumors that Ford has no plan for fixing them in any order except perhaps the ones that they can drive out of the lot with the least amount of jockeying around other vehicles. Leaving the oldest ones to rot until they get to them at the end. I just find it unreasonable to think the people they pay to park them are looking for an exact pre-arranged spot or are updating maps with the locations after parking each one. This would lead to Ford honestly not knowing any information on when it might be finished with 'production'.

The other end of the spectrum is that Ford likely does know the number of affected vehicles for each problem, an exact location, and a timeline for getting it finished (shipping is probably a problem they don't worry about until it is just about ready to be shipped). If they are not telling the dealers that information, it is logically inferred that the answer would tend to lose sales and effect the stock price. Meaning it is a long, long ass time.

The actual truth is, of course, somewhere in between, however with their history on blowing every single facet of this launch, many folks are assuming it is much closer to the first possibility than the second.

So you pick your theory and go with gross incompetence, willful deception, or a mix between and your guess is as good as mine on where the truth lands.

(I am a way over towards gross incompetence for my take on the matter with Ford knowing a rough date of what production date vehicles are in what part of the lot, very generally speaking)

Every Bronco has a bar code that gets scanned when it gets parked in a lot. They just don't drive around all willy nilly guessing where specific Broncos are located.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, welcome to the asylum forum. đź‘Ť

Second, TL;DR — does anyone have cliff notes?

Ford Bronco Ford's failure to deliver and communicate 884FF016-247C-43E5-AD5E-0A7B0BB85A27

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, welcome to the asylum forum. đź‘Ť

Second, TL;DR — does anyone have cliff notes?

Ford Bronco Ford's failure to deliver and communicate 884FF016-247C-43E5-AD5E-0A7B0BB85A27
Cliff notes: Turns out people really don't want to know how the sausage is made.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long before this gets deleted

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you think its hard to get answers on a whole vehicle my KL was at the dealership for over two months and keep getting told the parts they needed well be in in two weeks and I finally got it back today and was told they still waiting for a knuckle and dont know when it well come in and I have a crack in the windshield that was not there when I dropped it off.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait until Ford begins direct to consumer sales, that will fix all of your concerns.

/s if not painfully obvious
Sponsored