JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1990 I was making $616 a month, today my salary is thankfully much, much more. I suspect others have similar experience.
but are you doing the same job? that increase was likely largely in part to jobs and promotions.
Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but are you doing the same job? that increase was likely largely in part to jobs and promotions.
Plus, money now is worth less than it was then.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well it was about 3.85 an hour That's why I cleaned houses, washed tour helicopters, donated plasma, flipped used cars, you name it. My used 85 Mustang GT had crank windows, non power locks, no ABS, and was a stick. Didn't even have the third brake light on that became mandatory in 86. My 18 GT had every option imaginable including selectable exhaust volume. Absolutely no comparison on the safety and creature comforts.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The mandated safety,.....So we think this is free?
Productivity has greatly surpassed wages. No, the features are not "free". But, they could be paid for in efficiency instead of the "profits" of that efficiency going to executives.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Productivity has greatly surpassed wages. No, the features are not "free". But, they could be paid for in efficiency instead of the "profits" of that efficiency going to executives.
Leadership and talent are a finite resource, the market determines their pay just like any other labor cost in a free market system. We may not think their pay is fair, but it's not our company.
Sponsored