Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The auto industry is staring down the barrel of the delay in replacement due to 6-8 year notes. For the first 25+ years of my driving life, the longest note anyone got for a new car was 5 years but that is just middle of the road at this point. The auto industry as a whole is not prepared for the slower replacement rate these 6-8 year notes will bring. Expect every brand to suffer for the next 5 years as sales dip.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

about 150k miles in a stock 250 that is meticulously maintained, and 75k in a lifted 250 that I treat like crap, never seen this issue, and that is on some horrible washboard roads at speed.

Just like with the jeep, this is likely a loose bolt on the panhard bar/linkage. there may be some poor Ford QA involved here, but it is also likely that he installed a leveling kit (and a cheap one at that), and didn't get everything tightened down properly.
Same shit with death wobble on Harley's. most of the time it comes down to poor attention paid to the triple tree head bearings and/or poor maintance. bald tires, or some bullshit raked triple tree that messes up the trail too bad.
I am not going to add much for fear of repercussions. But i'll say that you (as well as most people) probably have a good hardpoint and assembly stackup. This has certainly been observed publicly on vehicles which did not have loose or mistreated parts.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The auto industry is staring down the barrel of the delay in replacement due to 6-8 year notes. For the first 25+ years of my driving life, the longest note anyone got for a new car was 5 years but that is just middle of the road at this point. The auto industry as a whole is not prepared for the slower replacement rate these 6-8 year notes will bring. Expect every brand to suffer for the next 5 years as sales dip.
They better get used to it if electrics really go 300K or more with a true virtually zero maintenance.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other 5% are pinning their hopes on the Bronco '66'

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and all that some of us want is to ala cart our options, get the big motor, with the offroad package, without a lot of the extra stuff. Granted, many of the safety stuff is required, so no way around that, and no real issues there.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
w
t
f
Sponsored