Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Say what you will about their technique, but they’ve generated more buzz about an upcoming vehicle than I’ve seen in years. Keep in mind that the vast majority of Bronco buyers aren’t on this forum and we’re a very small minority of future owners.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say what you will about their technique, but they’ve generated more buzz about an upcoming vehicle than I’ve seen in years. Keep in mind that the vast majority of Bronco buyers aren’t on this forum and we’re a very small minority of future owners.
I agree. But the buzz has been generated by they awesome design. The marketing efforts haven't advanced the ball one bit. That's my point.

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The marketing has been extremely effective, but the follow through with regard to tangible details has been lacking severely. Then again, I'm not the most patient person in the world either!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Ford's Marketing... 1600480745967

This thread has B&P 4.0 written all over it.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. But the buzz has been generated by they awesome design. The marketing efforts haven't advanced the ball one bit. That's my point.
From an enthusiast standpoint I completely agree. I’m obsessed with tracking down new videos and info. I don’t think we’re their target audience though.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to get too nerdy but the marketing has been good, the public relations have been awful. They lack a layer of thoughtful transparency. Don’t say by September, then in September, then Fall (as an example). In fact, don’t release any info as a reply buried in a thread.

Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t disagree, but at the end of the day I’m still 100% committed to purchasing one.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From an enthusiast standpoint I completely agree. I’m obsessed with tracking down new videos and info. I don’t think we’re their target audience though.
You're probably right. But do you think the vacuum of information is moving the needle with with average person who is interested in the Bronco? Me thinks not.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal.
I tend to give them a break, but they are used to dealing with media and dealers.

In this case, they have really fallen short in keeping reservation holders informed and engaged. I guess they assume that dealers are doing something, but in general that is not happening.

They should be giving weekly updates by email so that we aren't all left guessing on when stuff is going to happen. For example, where am I really in the order queue? Is it true that in December I can't change my order to a different dealer if there ends up being a dealer pricing issue? What is latest non-binding estimate of B&P, order, and delivery? etc.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
I completely agree.

Folks should go on Twitter, follow Mike, they will come to understand, if they don't, well self reflection.

Honestly, any exec on Twitter doing anything related to company business should have their head examined. Focus should be on doing business and not virtue signalling and being a political lick spittle. Just my opinion.

SMH
Sponsored