First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time you make it to Ice Mountain you've already cleared your dealer allocation issues and your top seven sins. Everyone that’s on the mountain is waiting for one (or a small subset of) chip(s).

Over the next 90 days, why wouldn't Ford clear the mountain in reservation sequence?
Sponsored

OP
OP
frankk

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tonka1: According to Ford, it's all chip-related. So maybe there are a few different chips. They still control the sequence of deliveries per chip type.

--- Ford Answer ---
What’s the reason behind the latest backlog of Bronco SUVs at the lot near Willow Run Airport? Is it all chip-related? If so, any particular function?
This is chip related. The global semiconductor shortage continues to affect Ford’s North American plants along with automakers and other industries around the world. Behind the scenes, our teams have been working on how to maximize production, with a continued commitment to building every high-demand vehicle for our customers with the quality they expect. Our goal is to have all vehicles updated in the next 90 days, pending chip availability.
--------

Also, regarding Ford's consideration of reservation sequence...agree, that's kinda my point :)

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By the time you make it to Ice Mountain you've already cleared your dealer allocation issues and your top seven sins. Everyone that’s on the mountain is waiting for one (or a small subset of) chip(s).

Over the next 90 days, why wouldn't Ford clear the mountain in reservation sequence?
They are most likely building out based on module availability. There are different trims with most likely slightly different modules. I.E. 2.3 wouldn’t use the same PCM as the 2.7. Auto wouldn’t use the same as manual. Lux not the same as Mid. Whatever they have available to fill out an order is what they would do and it would be what I would do as well. The goal is to get them all shipped asap.

OP
OP
frankk

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are most likely building out based on module availability. There are different trims with most likely slightly different modules. I.E. 2.3 wouldn’t use the same PCM as the 2.7. Auto wouldn’t use the same as manual. Lux not the same as Mid. Whatever they have available to fill out an order is what they would do and it would be what I would do as well. The goal is to get them all shipped asap.
Agree. The question is, if they get chips for a 2.7 Auto Lux BLs and there are 100 matches, will the chips go to the Bronco of the 7/13 res holder or the December '21 order? Someone gets their Bronco in March the other may wait 'til July.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree. The question is, if they get chips for a 2.7 Auto Lux BLs and there are 100 matches, will the chips go to the Bronco of the 7/13 res holder or the December '21 order? Someone gets their Bronco in March the other may wait 'til July.
You would think they would follow time stamp if available, if not dealer priority code.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't be serious......prioritize? Ford? No way.....

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford says it right in their response: “Behind the scenes, our teams have been working on how to maximize production”

that is going to be use the chips on the line to crank out one build a minute, not spend hours going to each individual build on ice mountain. Those will be done with surplus “pending chip availability”.

ford doesn’t care about the individuals behind the exception builds. If they did, they’d issue you a new vin and give you the next spot on the line and reserve those ice mountain broncos for dealer inventory

but hey I lucked out and slipped passed ice mountain by about a day. about to take delivery; cue the congratulatory canned response from @Ford Motor Company

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says it right in their response: “Behind the scenes, our teams have been working on how to maximize production”

that is going to be use the chips on the line to crank out one build a minute, not spend hours going to each individual build on ice mountain. Those will be done with surplus “pending chip availability”.

ford doesn’t care about the individuals behind the exception builds. If they did, they’d issue you a new vin and give you the next spot on the line and reserve those ice mountain broncos for dealer inventory

but hey I lucked out and slipped passed ice mountain by about a day. about to take delivery; cue the congratulatory canned response from @Ford Motor Company
You totally missed the point.

If both Broncos are on Ice Mountain the earlier reservation should get the module. Would be great if Ford could commit to this but I don’t see it happening.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford stopped caring about "reservation order" over a year ago. There is no incentive for them to start caring about it now. None!!!

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You totally missed the point.

If both Broncos are on Ice Mountain the earlier reservation should get the module. Would be great if Ford could commit to this but I don’t see it happening.
Ah I gotcha. That’d be nice. Still could take forever while new builds roll off the line but yeah would be preferred if early res’s wait time was on the shorter side of a 90 day window

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I have wondered about the vehicle on Ice / Dirt Mountain is if somehow their ability to be finished is effected by the UAW contract rules. I wonder if some sort of contract waiver needs to be made in order to allow union members to work on vehicles “ outside” the assembly plant? Maybe Ford has to have UAW approval to pay special wages or hire contractors to install chips on these vehicles? Maybe , the installers of these chips need to be certified to some level. Just a thought on my part and no way am I claiming the Union is at fault. Just wondering if there is more to finishing these vehicles then we understand.
Sponsored