Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's pretty safe to say after everything we saw last night that the Bronco team had two clear benchmarks. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and the Wrangler Sahara. It just feels, to me, that their equivalents in the Badlands and OBX had the most energy and heart put into them. The other trims just kind of exist because Jeep has something there in a similar bracket. The Badlands, no doubt, was the mainstream model that designers targeted as the big dog. Yeah, yeah Warthog coming and all that but that's not a mainstream model. They pulled a little equipment off it to make the Black Diamond hit its price point, a little more to make the Big Bend and then stripped down to form the Base. The OBX is the only other trim with a clearly defined target. That luxury, techy vibe. We can argue whether its color pallette really hit the mark until we're Navy Pier in the face or roasted tho. I really wanted to believe the Wildtrak had the Mojave in its sights but in execution it really just ended up being an extension of the OBX with more standard equipment.
Sponsored

Last edited: