Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not going to hate on the Subaru. The Forester is a quality car, a great tool and utility purchase. As the article notes, it is sensible, unassuming, a sound decision, and ready to help you transition into the "family life". This makes a lot of sense for people, like a mini-van or Honda Pilot makes sense. As a father of three, who's kids are getting older, I have been there, done that...but now I can get my 2dr Bronco, other people want a Bronco Sport. People can get something cool, fun to drive, something that gets them excited to cruise around, which I have done more of during the last year. You can make a decision based on more than "what is most sensible".

I view the Forester like a quality pair of sneakers, nothing wrong with them, they will help you carry 3 kids around Disney World for a week... but is it aspirational? Are they cool? Probably not.

71dhqbjxMWL._AC_SR255,340_.jpg
How can I trust the opinion of someone whose head is constantly stuck between the thigh of a Hooker and a Prop?

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading most of these posts, if people were really honest with themselves, it seems they would truly be happier with a Subaru. Interesting to see it play out this way, especially on a Bronco forum, but I guess it is what it is.

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nonsense. Based on my criteria the Forrester doesn't even rank. What other people use as criteria to determine a "better buy" is their business and of no importance to my decision making.
I have spoken (well typed really).

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After reading most of these posts, if people were really honest with themselves, it seems they would truly be happier with a Subaru. Interesting to see it play out this way, especially on a Bronco forum, but I guess it is what it is.
I'd agree it would be weird if this was the Bronco Sport forum, but I don't think it's that odd for this forum.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except for the Toyabaru, Subaru has never existed for me, godawful looking vehicles.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not very excited about owning a big, boring wagon. I'm even less excited about buying a tarted up, more expensive escape.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you're buying a Subaru?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually a lock as well, so that means we both know what it's like to be under appreciated.
Yep, doing the hard yards, getting beat up in the breakdown and maul, and letting the Number 7 and 8 take all the forward glory.

Forwards win the game, the backs decide by how much...

;)

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or even a Kia!

:ROFLMAO: but also impressive!

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Forester is the wrong one to compare to. The Bronco Sport is closer in size to (but still smaller than) the Crosstrek.

LengthRear legroomInterior spaceGround clearance
Bronco Sport172.7"36.9"105.7 ft28.8"
Forester182.1"39.4"111.9 ft28.7"
Crosstrek176.5"36.5"100.9 ft28.7"

Subarus are fine, but there's nothing special about their AWD systems, they're just riding on their reputation from 20 years ago when no one else really did much AWD. You can get a comparable (or better) AWD system from just about any automaker today. Every time you repeat the word "Symmetrical" a Subaru marketing executive gets its wings.

Just look at the 2019 SCCA solo championship results - a Focus RS beat the WRX STI (which has a much different and more advanced AWD system than Subaru's basic pedestrian cars like the Crosstrek and Forester) both on road (Autocross) and offroad (Rallycross).

The Focus RS is running GKN's Twinster AWD system, same as the Bronco Sport Badlands.

The Subaru could certainly be a better vehicle, but definitely not due to raw AWD capability.
Sponsored