First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
A Forester joined us for our Trail Meetup and it did pretty well but slipped far more on certain sections! Also, he had to be in AWD full time, while we handled majority on 2wd😎

I think after he wanted to upgrade to the Bronco Sport😅

20210307_153857.jpg

well this is bullshit because both vehicle are full-time all wheel drive.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Escape AWD was a better buy for us. Ridiculously good lease rate and had every feature we wanted. It is much smoother on regular roads than either the Sport or the Subaru.
If the escape was a great vehicle there wouldn’t be good leases available.
You can't disable AWD on the sport, so the difference is semantics.

They're both unibody crossovers.

The Forester is 10" longer with 33% more interior volume. It's not the same size.

They're both unibody crossovers.

The Forester is 10" longer with 33% more interior volume. It's not the same size.
“Basically”

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got a used Subie Forester with manual tranny to tide me over til my full size Bronco is here. The darn thing reminds me of my old Volvo's 240 and 142. It is dorky but very functional. Open cabin. My wife hates it ha ha. The Bronco Sport is def more rugged. The new Ford Escape redesign is aimed at the Forester, as is the Chevy Trailblazer. Those would be the better comparison.
Well that’s fitting because I’ve always wanted a 240!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look how huge this thing is, that’s not a 12oz kids, that’s a SIXTEEN!!

does your Bronco sport have gorgeous Saddle Brown leather and Harmon Karden? No? Didn’t THINK so!

you should see how popular I am in Provincetown
F9200BD7-05FE-4EC4-97C1-433534C5F32C.jpeg
2AC94DA1-9A4B-45A8-9614-2E2079812F4F.jpeg
You had me at the Pabst Pounder:)

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice wording. He “had to be in Awd while you were in 2wd”.
No, it’s full time awd so he literally had no choice.

I thought we would have some fun with it here on a Bronco forum😅 sorry y'all wanted to fully dissect it..

He loves his rig and we all had a great time, no comparisons or shade thrown. We all got better practice with our rigs and enjoyed the views🙂

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well this is bullshit because both vehicle are full-time all wheel drive.

Yikes didn't think y'all would fully dissect this. Posted some fun on a Bronco forum.. both rigs are capable and it's up to you on your preference🙂

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is not many bronco buyers are crossshoppping for a forester and vise Versa
Umm excuse you! I currently drive a rad forester touring. I also have a Bronco res.

the forested is THE most practical vehicle for me, I can get 33mpg if I baby it, which I travel out of state for work, and it has ground clearance and awd for snow. But I could die tomorrow! I want to drive in a naked Bronco! So, I’m giving it a shot and hopefully I will love it infinitely more than the 3 TJs I had.

BUT!My money is on being disappointed, having issues and selling it before it has 36k, and buying a 2019 Forester Touring.

unless you’re saying I’m the exception to your rule, in which case, I’ll be exceptional if you say so 💋

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a fun trip!

It was! Went through portions of the Bradshaw Trail to see Eagle Mountain Railroad Trestle Bridge to Red Canyon Jeep Trail. Great easy trail that will take you through a variety of terrain, so you'll get good practice with how the rig handles in situations.

She gets all the fun right now, I can't wait for my 2dr Badlands to come in so I can do some wheeling!

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just read the Edmunds article, Ford Bronco Sport vs. Subaru Forester: Which Is Better? https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/ford-bronco-sport-vs-subaru-forester-which-is-better.html

Surprised to read they thought the Subaru was the better buy. I guess I get it. The Subaru is better, but not as new and fun.
Subaru has better ground clearance, lower roof height to throw all your extreme sports equipment on the roof rack that can support 1000lbs. It can flex like a body builder, get great gas mileage, and is a PZEV. LLbean is a kick ass package as well.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Forester joined us for our Trail Meetup and it did pretty well but slipped far more on certain sections! Also, he had to be in AWD full time, while we handled majority on 2wd😎

Hey wait a minute I think you have this backwards ............. I swear I just read the other day a lifted Forester has as much ground clearance as a Squatch. So why did the Forester in your scenario need AWD and the Sports only needed 2WD. That Forester should have walked all over those Sports, .......it has as much ground clearance as a Squatch. o_O I'm confused.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yikes didn't think y'all would fully dissect this. Posted some fun on a Bronco forum.. both rigs are capable and it's up to you on your preference🙂
Right and that's cool but maybe next time use like ya know facts instead of lies.

It's not like you gave an opinion. You stated obviously wrong information as if it were fact. Information you could have easily left out to make your point and no one would have said anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought my first Subaru in late '13. Wanted the mpg, ground clearance, and all wheel drive. Worst car in my entire life and I've been driving since the 70's, lol. Sad fact is that a lot of my friends got them around the same time frame and all had issues as well. Major like engine and tranny related, other crap like low mileage wheel bearings and CV joints. Would not even consider another. The other people say the same thing. I think they were growing too fast at that time and quality went into the crapper, not that is was the best to begin with. So Bronco Sport for the win even though I think the name is stupid.
My 2019 Subaru Crosstrek with 48k is a great car. It's still pretty new so it shouldn't have any problems and it hasn't. My only beef with it besides the very puny engine is the media center. It disconnects my Bluetooth from a semi modern iPhone 7 Plus and the back up camera freezes sometimes. The mechanical car itself I have no issue with at all and drove wonderfully on ice and snow when it did so recently down here in Texas. Sorry you had a bad one.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right and that's cool but maybe next time use like ya know facts instead of lies.

It's not like you gave an opinion. You stated obviously wrong information as if it were fact. Information you could have easily left out to make your point and no one would have said anything.

Don't treat us like we're stupid and we won't call you out for your bullshit.
?? Call me out any time but didn't state any lies, had some fun with wording as others pointed out but you are entitled to your opinion. 👍

Edit to add: the additional GOAT modes on the Sports did make traversing the terrain more manageable than what the forester has to work with. So technically being in "normal" mode for Badlands or FE, isn't a full time awd (as we had the option to lock the "rear diff"/put on "4wd lock"), both of which we did not need to do. I would probably wager after a full year or so we'll see comparisons more fully flushed out. I would personally choose the BS system over the Subarus and that's just my personal preference.

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good lord those Subarus are UGLY!! I may consider buying one when I'm 70 or 80 and can't see or hear. They definitely remind me of an old person's vehicle 100%. If you are asking which one to get then you are on the wrong website. #uglyassin, #Grannycar
Sponsored