Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you’re all onboard for a Subaru, aren’t ya on the wrong forum? Well, unless you’re just a salesperson for Subaru trying to get some business... or trolling. Just wondering
Must excuse me, I’m just a car guy. Not a Ford koolaid drinker.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only asked a question... no need to get uptight and try to start some silly name calling thing. Have a blast in your Subaru, I could care less what anyone has, had or will have.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the escape was a great vehicle there wouldn’t be good leases available.
Lease deals are based on residual value which is based on consumer perception which is very loosely tied to "being a great vehicle." Lots of other things at play, but that may be too nuanced for people on the internet suffering from choice-supportive bias.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought my wife a Forester a year or so ago and it has been a great car. I used to rally quite a bit in some early 2000's Subaru's (WRX and Forester XT) and the new Forester definitely doesn't have the same character that they used to have, but it kind of just does everything.

I test drove a couple Bronco Sports and I think if I was between the Badlands model and the Forester, I would get the Bronco Sport, but if it was a non-Badlands model I'd stick with the Forester.

With that said we may be replacing her Forester with either a Mach-E or something similar in a few years since we'll be using my 21' or 22' or 23' or 24' Bronco for off-roading and camping

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Really?

snickering.gif

This reminds me of that saying about how if you encounter one asshole in a day that dude's an asshole, but if it seems like every single person around you is an asshole, then maybe you're looking in the wrong direction.
I would take offense but you drive a cougar. Your mullet must be rad.

• Haha
Reactions: abe

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re all onboard for a Subaru, aren’t ya on the wrong forum? Well, unless you’re just a salesperson for Subaru trying to get some business... or trolling. Just wondering
I daily drive a 2019 Forester. Its fine reliable transportation. I'll keep it and use it for what it is...daily driver and highway road trip vehicle. Good built in Japan build quality, lots of room for its exterior dimensions, comfortable, easy to maneuver and park in city traffic, excellent in crappy winter conditions we have here in Chicago BUT its mind numbingly boring. First CVT I've owned. Makes vehicle go forward and backwards but beyond that nothing...I would never consider it an off road adventure vehicle. When I want fun I take out my Versys or one of these days the Black Diamond, 2.3L, manual transmission Bronco I have on order.

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really?

Ford Bronco Forester the better buy??? 1328132898908_1646498

This reminds me of that saying about how if you encounter one asshole in a day that dude's an asshole, but if it seems like every single person around you is an asshole, then maybe you're looking in the wrong direction.
Car guy was bait because I knew some hardo would jump on it, you’re like my puppet.
A “car guy” with a fuel efficient daily?!? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Lol impossible!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily drive a 2019 Forester. Its fine reliable transportation. I'll keep it and use it for what it is...daily driver and highway road trip vehicle. Good built in Japan build quality, lots of room for its exterior dimensions, comfortable, easy to maneuver and park in city traffic, excellent in crappy winter conditions we have here in Chicago BUT its mind numbingly boring. First CVT I've owned. Makes vehicle go forward and backwards but beyond that nothing...I would never consider it an off road adventure vehicle. When I want fun I take out my Versys or one of these days the Black Diamond, 2.3L, manual transmission I have on order.
They added “shift points” in 2017 to the cvt to combat that stigma, it’s my first cvt also, i find it fine. I can keep it under 2k almost all the time leisurely, or I can drive it like any other automatic.
It doesn’t slip when it tries to shift like an explorer I had, so I guess that’s dull comparatively...

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I would take offense but you drive a cougar. Your mullet must be rad.
Don't worry, I sold it to buy a truck. It's too bad that the best you can do is worn out clichés, but I guess I'll give you partial credit for trying.

Ford Bronco Forester the better buy??? 1615306300590

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't worry, I sold it to buy a truck. It's too bad that the best you can do is worn out clichés, but I guess I'll give you partial credit for trying.

Ford Bronco Forester the better buy??? 1615306300590
Says the one associating fuel efficiency as laughable for a car guy. At least you aren’t a hypocrite...

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one car, a truck and broncos.. does that make me a car guy, a truck guy, bronco guy, or a guy guy??

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have one car, a truck and broncos.. does that make me a car guy, a truck guy, bronco guy, or a guy guy??
Easiest to just say “enthusiast”.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs