rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the last byte (checksum) will always change when you change any other character in the string. The checksum is recomputed on a write.
OK this makes sense. Guess I wasn't noticing this on all the other changes but this explains it. Still learning!
Sponsored

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change the first 2 bytes of line 726-43-01 to "0101". They will be amber until the headlights come on then change to white.
Perfect. Thanks. Couldn't make sense out of that on the spreadsheet but it does now!

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Arokcrwlr thanks for your input regarding changing the DRL's to amber, that worked perfect to change the horizontal LED bars! However, do you happen to know what lines need to be changed to also change the halos in the headlight to amber as well or is that not possible without aftermarket headlights like from Oracle Lighting?

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Arokcrwlr thanks for your input regarding changing the DRL's to amber, that worked perfect to change the horizontal LED bars! However, do you happen to know what lines need to be changed to also change the halos in the headlight to amber as well or is that not possible without aftermarket headlights like from Oracle Lighting?
I don't believe that is possible with the factory lights.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The halos cannot be amber. The only reason the horizontal bar can be is because it uses amber already for the turn signals.
However you could go with Morimoto, Alpha Rex, Oracle or even factory Raptor lights for an amber halo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I got the beta version, and got in and fixed the norm, however, question for you guru's...

Does the rear audio mod still work? I noticed the ACM code is different. It's still 782B, however the codes in the other 2 columns are different than my 22. Curious if its only different because of the added sub?

But when I tried the 7800, it gave me an error saying it's wrong and may cause issues, or something like that, so I didn't change it, just left it as is.

Thanks!

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I got the beta version, and got in and fixed the norm, however, question for you guru's...

Does the rear audio mod still work? I noticed the ACM code is different. It's still 782B, however the codes in the other 2 columns are different than my 22. Curious if its only different because of the added sub?

But when I tried the 7800, it gave me an error saying it's wrong and may cause issues, or something like that, so I didn't change it, just left it as is.

Thanks!
I have tried to keep up with the audio mods, but there's too much conflicting info for me to know what to do. If you figure it out please post it... thx

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have tried to keep up with the audio mods, but there's too much conflicting info for me to know what to do. If you figure it out please post it... thx
Roger that. I may just leave it alone as I am going to amplify everything anyway within the next couple months anyway.

Plus I did 6.5" in the rear pods, so it's already 10 times louder without the mod

But I'll let you know if I find anything

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m having problems connecting to 2023 manual 2.3 with Forscan. Im running all the latest software and drivers. And can connect to all the other fords I have.
Ford Bronco Forscan and 2023 models? 04C129A7-F08C-4897-AF27-AB965B1486F1

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m having problems connecting to 2023 manual 2.3 with Forscan. Im running all the latest software and drivers. And can connect to all the other fords I have.
Ford Bronco Forscan and 2023 models? 04C129A7-F08C-4897-AF27-AB965B1486F1
Don't believe they've done the 23 support release. If you are a supporter you can email them and get a copy of the beta that works

Sponsored

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't believe they've done the 23 support release. If you are a supporter you can email them and get a copy of the beta that works
Yea I have the beta and I am a supporter I emailed them again with my Vin number maybe they can figure it out. I tried both one adapters same issue. Hopefully they will figure it all out.

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been able to add sport mode to a 2023 Badlands? I get the error below. I was able to remove the double honk without any errors. I used the FORScanSetup2.3.51.test20230108 version posted in this thread and have the free 2 month license.

Code:
(ERR) [21:45:57.338] Gain security access failed - security key is wrong
(ERR) [21:45:57.408] Service procedure has been interrupted
*edit - now that I am rereading, I see johnavp1989 was able to add sport mode to his 2023.

*edit 2 - the FORScan Team got back to me within 6 minutes and provided the version below. It worked for me.

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.51.test20230204.exe

Last edited:

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone been able to add sport mode to a 2023 Badlands? I get the error below. I was able to remove the double honk without any errors. I used the FORScanSetup2.3.51.test20230108 version posted in this thread and have the free 2 month license.

Code:
(ERR) [21:45:57.338] Gain security access failed - security key is wrong
(ERR) [21:45:57.408] Service procedure has been interrupted
*edit - now that I am rereading, I see johnavp1989 was able to add sport mode to his 2023. I do have the 7MT, while I have a 7MT.

*edit 2 - the FORScan Team got back to me within 6 minutes and provided the version below. It worked for me.

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.51.test20230204.exe
I'm trying to enable my front and rear fog lights and ran in to this same FORScan issue with my 2023 OBX. Is this special release file they sent you only valid for your VIN or can I give it a try?

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to enable my front and rear fog lights and ran in to this same FORScan issue with my 2023 OBX. Is this special release file they sent you only valid for your VIN or can I give it a try?
I don't think it's coded for a VIN (though I did send it with my question). The test version someone posted earlier in this thread worked for me except for adding sport mode, so I am guessing they are not hard coding VINs. I'd give it a try and then email [email protected] if you have any issues.

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think it's coded for a VIN (though I did send it with my question). The test version someone posted earlier in this thread worked for me except for adding sport mode, so I am guessing they are not hard coding VINs. I'd give it a try and then email [email protected] if you have any issues.
Thanks! So far so good, it will recognize the vehicle at least.. now waiting for my extended license to arrive
Sponsored