John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any progress with anyone regarding the glitch on forscan?
is it working now?
It looks like the changes you want to make are going to be no problem using the current version...
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MD here, but only thing I have done so far is put Sport on my FE

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the newest test version of forscan, 2.3.4.7, I was able to program the IPC now, so I disabled the passenger seat belt minder, and my dog bouncing in the seat no longer causes the Chimes to drive me nuts...

Still can't do a relearn on the pcm, so still have a p160a dtc, but it's not causing any actual problems I've found.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I found this thread. I'm in MD, but girlfriend lives in Alexandria, no problem going for a little ride. Would definitely be interested in group meet up. I've got a BD with the mod bumper but planning on Oracle fog kit and a factory fog switch, seat belt chimes and auto start/stop, double honk. I'll bring beer haha

joeyclark173

Badlands
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger; Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys. Glad I found this thread too. I’m in Alexandria as well. Fingers crossed on my BL making the April build date- really excited for it! I’ll have to track this threat in case you guys wanna get together for a ride! I’m going to try to add Sport mode in my BL too. I’d rather have that for day-to-day driving and just drop the Baja, but anyway. Good to know there’s others close by!

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, you know anything about the back and forth with the stereo/flash thing? is that only with the JBL sound bar?
So, Spent the last week Playing with this..

Disclaimer, I'm no AudioPhile! What I came up woth in testing may not be the best solution, but it works, and I definetely got some decent bass and volume out of the base 6 speaker setup now, and when I'm finished, I'm going to have a what I think is great sound for around $500 in upgrades.

I had a lot of stereo stuff sitting around already, so was able to experimetn without actually having to buy stuff.

First step was upgrading the 4" speakers, This is definitely the number one failing in the stock sytems, the stock paper cones speakers sound like crap right off with any kind of volume.

I replaced them with R14X2 Rockford Fosgates, These were a big improvememt all by itself, Much better imaging and clarity in the front, but still a little lacking in bass.

Next I tried replacing the Kick Panel speakers with R1675X2 Rockford Fosgates. These sounded worse than the factory units, and cut out what bass there actually was in the system, so I went back the factory kick panel speakers.

In this case I believe the factory head unit and speaker are matched to each other, as these speakers are what really drive the whole base audio system, and the factory speaker in this location is actually decent, with a poly cone vs paper, so I think they'll hold up for a while.

At this point, the rear speakers were better, but there still wasn't any base back there, so I started playing with forscan.

The two lines everybody has been playing with are;

727-01-01 382B 14F1 006E

727-01-02 0901 000D 0048

I played with everyone of the settings I found people using for these, and the only one that made a perceivable difference to me was changing 727-01-02, I changed it to;

727-01-02 0900 000D 0048

At that point, I could definitely tell I was getting lows to the rear speakers, But at moderate volumes, the 4" still weren't up to reproducing it, and everything got Muddy at anything over "18" on volume.

So, I started swapping stuff out...

I had a pair of KFC-6994 Kenwood 6x9 5 ways in Metra Boxes that I run in a Chevy V3500 single cab, so these were first up....

Hooked them up in place of the rear 4" and it was instantly a huge improvement, With Fade kicked all the way to the back, and at 18+ Volume I could now hear bass, and clarity from the speakers was a huge improvement. went back and played with all the setting in ForScan again, and the change to 727-01-02 was still the only setting that seemed to make a difference, adn still was the best sounding setup.

Still, Bringing the front into where it provided good imaging, while still getting decent volume from the rear resulted in the front sounding like crap. With no way to easily upgrade the dash speakers without major surgery, the counterintuitive solution is to give more volume to the back while still allowing the fronts to receive their nominal wattage to produce decent sound, the head unit's fader doesn't have enough granularity to allow the fine tuning needed, so th next step was to amplify the rear.

Threw in a Dual XPR540, and now pushing the fade to the front far enough to yeild good sound from the front 4" without overdriving them resulted in good imaging and decent volume from the rears, But the system still could use more punch, and I just installed a 4 Channel amp....

Had an 8 Inch Sony XPlod in a truck box sitting around too, So what the heck, Put it bridged on the second set of channels, and put the amp in 2ch mode.

Now the system has some good thump, and sounds pretty anywhere up to about 20, but you cna start feeling the clarity in the front going away beyond that. It's still pretty good up to about 24, and past that it's to distorted to be tolerable, But honestly, 24 is about the loudest I would listen to it anyway.

the Xplod is too big, and the Kenwoods need to go back in the Chevy, the AMP can stay where it is. So I've got a few things coming, and if they work out, this will be the final system that I hope provides what I want on a budget;

Dual XPR540; (I already have it)
$116.99

Rockford FG R14x2 (Inexpensive decent 4" speakers)
$69.99

Rockville Wakeboard Speakers (A buddy has these in his YJ, and they osaund great, and should be easy to mount up near the old speaker pod location.)
$99.95

Pyle Tube Subwoofer (Should be a lot easier to find space for than the Xplode)
$57.29

So, For $344.22 plus tax, I believe I'll have found a way to good (But not competition level) sound in a Bronco. I'll report back after I get everyhting in and mounted, Hopefully this weekend.
Sponsored