Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TLDR:
3800 mod only changes front speaker settings. You need to also change the middle code block at address 727-01-01 to affect rear speakers. This post contains a list of all the code values you can use and what they do.

FULL POST:
What I have detailed below is applicable to my 2021 4 door Base. YMMV.

My "as built" values in ACM were:
727-01-01 382B 14F1 0098
727-01-02 0901 000D 0048

The conventional wisdom I've read on this site says changing 727-01-01 XX** to 00 or 01 will send full range to rear speakers. In my internet searching and tinkering with ForScan, I can confidently say it doesn't do anything to my rear speakers. And I don't think it does anything for anyone else's either.

My as built front power source and left speaker specs was 2 = internal power, speaker and tweeter (I believe S&T sends the widest range of frequencies from the list of options). I wrote 3 (no front left speaker) just to confirm my cheat sheet was right. It was. When I wrote value 3 in this spot the front left speaker went silent. I changed value back to as built, as it seemed like the right value to use based on the options below.
Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings Power Source and Front Left Specs

Front right and center channel specs: my as built was B, which is speaker and tweeter for front right and no signal for center channel (base has no center channel). Again I tinkered to confirm the list below did what it says it does; the as built value seemed appropriate so no change.
Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings Front Right and Center Channel Specs

Here's where it gets interesting... rear power and left rear speaker specs. As built value was 1 = internal amp, tweeter only. I changed this to 2 = internal amp, speaker and tweeter. I perceived it to get slightly louder and when turned up mid frequencies would break up the stock speakers a little. I think it's sending a wider frequency band, and that's what we want!
Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings Power Source and Rear Left Specs

Rear right, sub, and rear center specs... as built was 4, I changed it to 8. Both rear speakers now sound like they are getting pushed slightly harder. I have replacement speakers and 150 Hz blockers on order that will be installed next weekend. I'm expecting to hear an even more noticeable change once those are installed and for the midrange slop I hear in the factory speakers to disappear.
Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings Rear Right, Sub, and Center Specs

moving on to section 727-01-02, this is supposedly the various preset EQ options. I changed mine from 01 to 00 and didn't notice a lot of difference, but that may be due to the crappy stock speakers. I'll try changes at this address again once I get new speakers in. What's not clear is if there are actually different EQs assigned to all the values below or if some of them are simply unused placeholders. My ears couldn't tell with factory speakers. What we do know is some upper trims have as build value of 00 (flat response) here, but my base has value of 01... so there's at least one real EQ preset in the list otherwise every as built would be 00.
Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings ACM EQ Values

Some other things worth noting as I played with these changes in ForScan:
1. I used the fader and balance to isolate changes to the speakers I was tinkering with. Every time I wrote a change the fader and balance would reset to center.
2. I was playing music through CarPlay to listen to these changes so I could repeat the same track over and over. When I was done with my changes and went back to satellite radio I found that it was back to demo mode. I had to call Sirius to push my subscription settings back to the vehicle.

Source for the screen shots is below. I found that the site responds better on mobile that desktop.
https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/acm3/
Sponsored

Last edited:

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So…. After reading this page several times… is this the correct, or current settings you are using?

727-01-01 3800 28F1 0098
727-01-02 0900 000D 0048

Note:
I have the kicker 200.4
And all kicker speakers in all stock locations with bass blockers in the Dash Speakers
Will this Help the sucky stock stereo?
Thanks Rick

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So…. After reading this page several times… is this the correct, or current settings you are using?

727-01-01 3800 28F1 0098
727-01-02 0900 000D 0048

Note:
I have the kicker 200.4
And all kicker speakers in all stock locations with bass blockers in the Dash Speakers
Will this Help the sucky stock stereo?
Thanks Rick
You are correct on the 727-01-01 line reading 3800 xxxx xxxx. Major improvement for me. As for the 727-01-02 line I tried to change it from the stock 0901 xxx xxx to 0900 xxxx xxxx but it sounded much worse and also removed a bunch of settings options for me like listening position, etc. so i switched it back to 0901 and have been happy since. For reference I have the 6 speaker setup, replaced all 6 with kicker’s and added a 200.4 key plus a powered sub tapped into the kick panel speaker channels

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are correct on the 727-01-01 line reading 3800 xxxx xxxx. Major improvement for me. As for the 727-01-02 line I tried to change it from the stock 0901 xxx xxx to 0900 xxxx xxxx but it sounded much worse and also removed a bunch of settings options for me like listening position, etc. so i switched it back to 0901 and have been happy since. For reference I have the 6 speaker setup, replaced all 6 with kicker’s and added a 200.4 key plus a powered sub tapped into the kick panel speaker channels
thanks so leave it 901 when I get ready to change it ?
I ordered a computer so I haven’t done it yet
I’m collecting all the code data and writing it in a notebook,
Looks like I have the same set up you have except for the powered subwoofer?
So in your opinion, is it necessary to get a subwoofer because so far I’m not real happy even with the key amp
I think it’s just the way the truck is set up the kick panel speakers just bounce off your legs really

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks so leave it 901 when I get ready to change it ?
I ordered a computer so I haven’t done it yet
I’m collecting all the code data and writing it in a notebook,
Looks like I have the same set up you have except for the powered subwoofer?
So in your opinion, is it necessary to get a subwoofer because so far I’m not real happy even with the key amp
I think it’s just the way the truck is set up the kick panel speakers just bounce off your legs really
Correct.. others’ experience might vary but 3800 and 0901 were the sweet spot for me, big difference over stock Settings.
As for the sub - if you ever want to really fill out the complete spectrum of audio then you’ll need one. I was able to get a little more base out of the upgraded kicker speakers (particularly the 6.5” kick panel ones) when I added the Key amp but it definitely won’t give you full spectrum audio. Adding the Kicker Hideaway 8” was the perfect solution for me.. made a monumental difference in the total sound output of the system and I’m extremely happy with it. Small form factor too so it doesn’t take up space. I mounted mine in the trunk area as pictured

69B8125B-51D4-4057-8789-7817F40EF67B.jpeg

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct.. others’ experience might vary but 3800 and 0901 were the sweet spot for me, big difference over stock Settings.
As for the sub - if you ever want to really fill out the complete spectrum of audio then you’ll need one. I was able to get a little more base out of the upgraded kicker speakers (particularly the 6.5” kick panel ones) when I added the Key amp but it definitely won’t give you full spectrum audio. Adding the Kicker Hideaway 8” was the perfect solution for me.. made a monumental difference in the total sound output of the system and I’m extremely happy with it. Small form factor too so it doesn’t take up space. I mounted mine in the trunk area as pictured

69B8125B-51D4-4057-8789-7817F40EF67B.jpeg
Cool!!!
one more question did you re-do the microphone test-thing for the amp once you changed the settings in Forscan

1 more… you also kept the 28F1 in there also correct?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool!!!
one more question did you re-do the microphone test-thing for the amp once you changed the settings in Forscan
So I had actually already replaced the speakers and made the Forscan mods before I added the Key amp (it was back ordered, had to wait on it). So by the time I used the DSP feature on the amp it was all already as-is. It’s not super difficult obviously so couldn’t hurt to redo it once you get to your final configuration.
Couple additional notes to consider - I stuffed the snot out of all the panels that the speakers mount to with poly-fill. Used probably two bags of it.. (wife found it at Hobby Lobby). I believe that made a big difference in sound quality coming from the speakers as well as it filled all the hollow voids in the doors, dash, etc that robbed the sound quality from behind the speaker. I’d highly recommend doing it, it’s cheap.
Also - if you add a powered sub (or any sub for that matter) be prepared to use the rest of your polyfill and anything else you can find to chase down rattles in the trunk area. It’s one big plastic mess back there with plastic-on-metal everywhere and I spent the better part of a week stuffing foam and such between the plastic and the frame but finally have a good rattle-free environment haha drove me nuts for a bit.
And yes, I’d leave everything else alone other than the 3800 box.

Last edited:

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco ForScan Rear Speaker & EQ Findings 69B8125B-51D4-4057-8789-7817F40EF67B
This is what I did as well. 3800/0901 with the kicker key 200.4 and the 8in kicker on the tail gate

I also recently put the 6.5in pods in the rear. I redid the DSP on the kicker key and now I think it’s just about perfect for me.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what I did as well. 3800/0901 with the kicker key 200.4 and the 8in kicker on the tail gate

I also recently put the 6.5in pods in the rear. I redid the DSP on the kicker key and now I think it’s just about perfect for me.
Nice. I think if I did anything in the future it would be to swap to 6.5’s in the rear also

Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. I think if I did anything in the future it would be to swap to 6.5’s in the rear also
For $160 and another set of the same 6.5 I have in the kick panels it’s a pretty big difference.

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you remember your dipswitch settings for the 200.4? Mainly interested in the filter settings, the last 2 dip switches.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you remember your dipswitch settings for the 200.4? Mainly interested in the filter settings, the last 2 dip switches.
I’m definitely running it with them set to the 80hz setting. Can’t remember if that’s both up or both down but it’s in the manual

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m definitely running it with them set to the 80hz setting. Can’t remember if that’s both up or both down but it’s in the manual
Appreciate it. Mine is set to 60hz right now. I'm busy this weekend but I want to pull it out and do some more tweaking. I asked because I've got the 500.1 inputs wired from the kick panel speakers as well.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Appreciate it. Mine is set to 60hz right now. I'm busy this weekend but I want to pull it out and do some more tweaking. I asked because I've got the 500.1 inputs wired from the kick panel speakers as well.
I tapped my kick panel speakers for my kicker hideaway powered sub but made the connection upstream of the 200.4 connection so that nothing I do with the 200.4 will have any effect on the sub
Sponsored