First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for picture. I’m looking at a speaker wire diagram that shows the rears pairs as left (grey with violet stripe and brown with green stripe) and right (green with color and grey) coming from head unit. It then shows then change to left (brown with blue strip and white) and right (violet with orange stripe and yellow with green stripe). It looks like you show the later color that you tap into with a grey 2 conductor speaker wire and a white 2 conductor. Am I seeing that right in your photo? You connected your white wire to a white and brown pair and your grey wire to a violet and yellow pair. Appreciate any help.
You got it!
Sponsored

Jmansfield

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like this idea of tapping into the rear speaker feeds to provide the input signal to the tailgate subwoofer amp. Did you find sub quality was acceptable or did you need to run Forscan?

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you!
I did this exact thing off of that picture. Small Kenwood 4 channel under the driver seat. Ran line level from front right and left kickpanels for self-powered tailgate sub I bolted to the tailgate. Sub level control under front dash below climate controls. Works pretty well and was very cheap.

The forscan change absolutely made a difference - mine is a base 2022 btw

I am northern NJ if you want to see/hear

Jmansfield

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah ok, I thought you guys were taking line level from the rear pod speakers. Ford replaced my rear pods with the JBL BB4000 soundbar and flashed the ACM. Not sure what that did to modify the signal to the rear but I hope it did enough that it won’t need Forscan mods, I have no idea how to do that.

Jmansfield

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah ok, I thought you guys were taking line level from the rear pod speakers. Ford replaced my rear pods with the JBL BB4000 soundbar and flashed the ACM. Not sure what that did to modify the signal to the rear but I hope it did enough that it won’t need Forscan mods, I have no idea how to do that.
oops, I meant to say that I thought you guys were taking your sub amp input signal from the high level signal that feeds the rear speakers.
Sponsored