Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but....

1. I don't see all that much benefit to the different Modes.
2. I think Ford did a nice job on the "normal" mode for the Bronco.

No, I don't usually compliment Ford--whether it's their horrible treatment of some reservation holders or the worst gauge cluster design in the history of automobiles. :) But I have to give credit where credit is due. I think they really did a nice job calibrating the base settings. The modes, while they are a quick way to set other parameters (lockers, 4L, etc.), are not at all essential to enjoying your Bronco.

I've done some experimenting over about 3000 miles now, making changes while driving to see the differences. Throttle response is dulled in Eco mode, and it's sharpened in Sport mode. Eco mode just means I have to push the pedal a little farther to get the same acceleration. If I change from Normal to Eco on the highway I need to press the pedal a bit farther to maintain the same speed, showing that the throttle is desensitized. Sport mode makes the throttle more hair trigger sensitive, less linear, more like a shitty Nissan back in the day. Throttle response feels artificial to me in Sport mode, and with a manual I can pick my gears as I see fit.

I have a manual transmission Black Diamond. Maybe the mode benefits are greater with an automatic, not sure.

Bottom line: If you got a Bronco with a trim level that doesn't include certain modes, I think you're just fine. As time goes by I find myself just leaving it in the default mode setting, and enjoying it a lot.
Sponsored

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Guys and Gals, What kind of computer/phone/tablet are you running Forscan on, and where did you get your Forscan app/program ? Noob here, still waiting on my Bronco, but want to be prepared, and my search-fu was weak, Thank you in advance !

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

No, I don't usually compliment Ford--whether it's their horrible treatment of some reservation holders or the worst gauge cluster design in the history of automobiles. :) But I have to give credit where credit is due. I think they really did a nice job calibrating the base settings. The modes, while they are a quick way to set other parameters (lockers, 4L, etc.), are not at all essential to enjoying your Bronco.

I've done some experimenting over about 3000 miles now, making changes while driving to see the differences. Throttle response is dulled in Eco mode, and it's sharpened in Sport mode. Eco mode just means I have to push the pedal a little farther to get the same acceleration. If I change from Normal to Eco on the highway I need to press the pedal a bit farther to maintain the same speed, showing that the throttle is desensitized. Sport mode makes the throttle more hair trigger sensitive, less linear, more like a shitty Nissan back in the day. Throttle response feels artificial to me in Sport mode, and with a manual I can pick my gears as I see fit.

I have a manual transmission Black Diamond. Maybe the mode benefits are greater with an automatic, not sure.

Bottom line: If you got a Bronco with a trim level that doesn't include certain modes, I think you're just fine. As time goes by I find myself just leaving it in the default mode setting, and enjoying it a lot.
With an auto its very different. Normal to sport: Harder throttle response, shifts a little higher, will run out to gear 10 as soon as you let off and cruise. Sport to Baja: Shifts way higher rpms, stays in powerband, will maintain gear you are in at speed, downshifts quicker.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys and Gals, What kind of computer/phone/tablet are you running Forscan on, and where did you get your Forscan app/program ? Noob here, still waiting on my Bronco, but want to be prepared, and my search-fu was weak, Thank you in advance !
You buy the application here: https://forscan.org/home.html

You need:
Windows 10 PC (Windows 11 didn't work last I checked) - mobile versions can only READ, not make changes I think
Wired or wireless OBD connector, I went bluetooth, it worked fine from over 30 feet away

I feel like maybe I didn't "need" to buy the app for the PC, but I like kicking hard working developers cash.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
You buy the application here: https://forscan.org/home.html

You need:
Windows 10 PC (Windows 11 didn't work last I checked) - mobile versions can only READ, not make changes I think
Wired or wireless OBD connector, I went bluetooth, it worked fine from over 30 feet away

I feel like maybe I didn't "need" to buy the app for the PC, but I like kicking hard working developers cash.
Can you link the OBD connector you used?

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a cheapy bluetooth OBDII reader off ebay (might've been chinesium from Amazon, IDK) from years ago to read and clear codes on my other cars. I wonder if it will work?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a cheapy bluetooth OBDII reader off ebay (might've been chinesium from Amazon, IDK) from years ago to read and clear codes on my other cars. I wonder if it will work?
Unlikely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The steering changes too in sport mode. Also In an auto the transmission programming is pretty handy on a backroad as normal has a tendancy to end up in 8th gear by 35 mph or something.

Well poop
I guess the problem is wireless vs wired?
Just get this one. It works and you won’t have any problems out of it. I can’t comment on wireless versions. The obdlink brand is linked from forscan’s site. OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://a.co/d/3eHBZhK

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well poop
I guess the problem is wireless vs wired?
No, the problem is some of these have been expressly designed for use in Forscan programming, and yours wasn't. Great for a quick code scan, but...not much else.

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't help but comment that there are a lot of threads dedicated to the less than stellar gas mileage of the Bronco but there are soooo many comments here about wanting/needing sport mode, which I'm sure isn't gas friendly. Just a funny commentary...that's all.
My daily, is a clapped out 08 Chevy crew-cab, 4x4, dually, Duramaximum. Also ride a 14 Honda CB 1100 across multiple states with a 3.6 gallon tank. Fuel economy in our Bronco is the least of my concerns...I'm used to living at the gas station!

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good friend is an Authorized Tech. Here's a GSB

1637084340108.png

This does not exist to benefit the buyer.

Will it result 100% in a warranty denial? No, but it will 100% in a fight for it.

Everyone has differing levels of desire to deal with the hassle. They will check, and they will see its been changed and they will argue over it.

No it's not logged constantly, but when an error is thrown (which more than likely would if something broke) it will be. Sport will have a different mapping for various control systems, which your vehicle would otherwise not have enabled.

No changing other stuff will not void your warranty, it has nothing to do with drive components.

If you guys think Ford will take no issue with this and approve warranty claims with 0 issue, you have not dealt with them before.

I encourage everyone have the most fun with their vehicle they can possibly have. I'm just trying to let everyone know this is not a risk free change. You run a very real risk of a big hassle for some modes. If you're okay with that, great enjoy!
I'm sorry, but you proved everyone's point on this entire thread with that flow chart. "Enabling" a module that already exists within a system, is a far cry from "modifying OEM calibration". The "OEM Calibration" already exists within that vehicle's (VIN) computer. No one has altered or rewritten any of the existing code...period.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry, but you proved everyone's point on this entire thread with that flow chart. "Enabling" a module that already exists within a system, is a far cry from "modifying OEM calibration". The "OEM Calibration" already exists within that vehicle's (VIN) computer. No one has altered or rewritten any of the existing code...period.
Whew!!! ;) I was worried for a moment that installing keyless entry might have been later used to deny my warranty should my engine shit a valve!

Can you imagine if programming the homelink or saving a radio preset voided your warranty because it wasn't set to a factory value?!?
Sponsored