First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is now irritating me is that air conditioning recirculation randomly turns itself off in the name of saving the earth... Saving the earth is not worth smelling dead highway skunk!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes the intake door will do this. I’m not sure why either
Highly annoying.

Said in the user manual essentially for efficiency... I will pin that f'er closed if need be. (either that or I will use a relay to detect no voltage for the LED and then pull the appropriate pin to ground to reactivate it).

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent most of the day Thanksgiving looking into it. Parallels has a Black Friday sale going on right now, and my in-laws spent most of the day yelling at each other regarding politics so I had nothing better to do anyway.

Parallels on the M1 Mac can only virtualize ARM, which means I'd need to run Windows 11 ARM. FORScan only supports Windows 11 x86/64. But Windows 11 ARM does have a virtualization layer for x86/64. So I'd have a Mac that is virtualizing an ARM layer for Windows 11 ARM, which in turn has a virtualization layer for x86/64. So it might work in some strange virtualception sorta way? Not sure, but I might give it a shot.
Or just buy a POS if all you are using it for is Forscan.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 1638052684251

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on all the posts in here, trying to keep cost low, I’m going Base with SAS, 2.7L. I will lose out on the Mid Package and a few other things, but will be able to start my Bronco from my phone and plan on switching out my steering wheel immediately.

ForScan will allow me to pick up the other three modes, so I don’t see this as too much of a down grade. Once all the bugs are worked out and Ford makes some mid model upgrades, I’ll trade in for a Badlands. I just don’t have the warm fuzzy about the Bronco and Ford at the moment. BUT, this route is going to let me have a hell of a lot of fun in the mean time.

I will also have to buy a cheap computer as I am running a Mac Book Pro 🤣

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More of an update on Sport mode on a Badlands. I spent a lot of time behind the wheel today and while driving and switch from Sport to Eco the transfer case switches back to 2H from 4A on its own.

So it appears as though the only time it stays in 4A is when it’s in Sport at shut down and you don’t opt to continue sport on a restart….or that’s all I’ve found so far.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like they’ve made some progress with that on the latest version.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.parallels.com/blogs/windowsgames-m1mac/?amp

I’d download the trial and see how it works…
Alright so it rained today, and I ended up spending the better part of the day trying to get this to work.

The good news is Parallels if fricken' slick. I personally haven't used it since 2007-ish. But the new version is super impressive and way better than VMware Fusion. Recommended for anyone who needs Windows running on an Apple Silicon Mac.

The bad news is FORScan doesn't work because there are no ARM drivers for the OBD-II readers. I could get FORScan itself to launch using the Windows emulator, but the reader itself won't connect to the vehicle, and Device Manager says the device doesn't have any drivers.

So back to suggestion @Herbie had. Find a crappy laptop to run FORScan.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More of an update on Sport mode on a Badlands. I spent a lot of time behind the wheel today and while driving and switch from Sport to Eco the transfer case switches back to 2H from 4A on its own.

So it appears as though the only time it stays in 4A is when it’s in Sport at shut down and you don’t opt to continue sport on a restart….or that’s all I’ve found so far.
Eco forces 2WD I believe. That’s why it switches.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone point me to how to shut off auto start/stop? I tried what the spreadsheet said to do but I get an error at the very end of the write process. Will try again tomorrow but if there is a link for the exact process please post. Thanks.

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright so it rained today, and I ended up spending the better part of the day trying to get this to work.

The good news is Parallels if fricken' slick. I personally haven't used it since 2007-ish. But the new version is super impressive and way better than VMware Fusion. Recommended for anyone who needs Windows running on an Apple Silicon Mac.

The bad news is FORScan doesn't work because there are no ARM drivers for the OBD-II readers. I could get FORScan itself to launch using the Windows emulator, but the reader itself won't connect to the vehicle, and Device Manager says the device doesn't have any drivers.

So back to suggestion @Herbie had. Find a crappy laptop to run FORScan.
Did you come across this thread?

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19161

It’s not clear but seems like someone maybe found an arm64 driver?

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone point me to how to shut off auto start/stop? I tried what the spreadsheet said to do but I get an error at the very end of the write process. Will try again tomorrow but if there is a link for the exact process please post. Thanks.
Is your engine running when you try writing the protocols

Sponsored

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. Please for the love of god never write modules while the engine is running. You can, and others have, completely brick modules.

You cycle the ignition on and off by hitting the button without having your foot on the brake. Again, please do not ever do this with the engine running.
Well mine refused to work for the hour I tried to do it UNTIL I turned the engine on and programmed with the engine on. So not sure why that is, but maybe next time I'll try with it off.
Sponsored