Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe...

It's hard to say since the modes are essentially black boxes. I would assume that there would be no known ill-effects from enabling them all.

Baja, while not useful in general, might be helpful in some situations because it pretty much acts like anti-lag, and I could see in some very low traction situations (e.g. Deep Snow/Sand) where keeping RPM high and boost on tap could be very useful to maintain momentum.

Rock Crawl may (and I am unsure) cause modification to the traction control which could improve your ability to crawl without lockers, or it may even disable traction control assuming that front and rear lockers are going to be used.

Without deeper understanding of these GOAT boxes, it is hard to say what benefit or detriments are associated with any specific mode. It is unlikely that an unsupported GOAT mode would lead to any detrimental impact to any Bronco.
Thanks for the reply. I am a novice to off roading. I am going to the Off Rodeo later this month so I will be learning a lot. Knowing what I know now (from this forum), I would have went with SAS if I had it to do all over.
Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ii lOve sport mode on my BL. Also, Iā€™m not going to say anything anymore that upsets peoples sensitivities. I received a demerit recently and for that I am ashamed.
"You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the reply. I am a novice to off roading. I am going to the Off Rodeo later this month so I will be learning a lot. Knowing what I know now (from this forum), I would have went with SAS if I had it to do all over.
Actually, I don't regret going non-sasquatch, but I might have kicked myself in the ass if I had not gotten the rear locker and advanced 4x4 at a minimum (and it almost happened because my order was not coded correctly by the sales person).

What I really wanted was a non-sasquatch Badlands with the OBX Roast Cloth interior and carpeting... which simply is not an option. Which is why I ended up with the OBX adv 4x4 with rear locker.

Even without the lockers, the Bronco is crazy capable.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

7/18/22 update: 10k miles on my truck now and not a single error from sport mode. I use it 4-5 times a week because the throttle response in normal mode is so slow.

11/22/21 update: made a walk through video to show which module and line to change.

Original post:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately itā€™s not too late to change for a lot of you. Donā€™t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
I realize this is an old post, but I am on the forum to register and it requires an invitation code.
Any idea what that is, and how to obtain one?

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, you will hardly ever have a reason to use Baja mode - It's that extreme. Don't let that be the hill you die on. However, as far as I know it still works to unlock all the modes.
Correct on Baja mode. The shift points are crazy. I thought I broke something when it wouldnā€™t shift until around 5000rpm when testing it in the neighborhood. Found a long abandoned stretch and gunned it from a stop. WOW.

Sponsored

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that people are getting Braptors was wondering if anyone dug around to see if we can add tow/haul on the other models.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Odd question, but has anyone encountered any odd...hiccups...after adding a GOAT mode?

I've had a few random ABS codes come up over the past few months after adding mud/ruts to my base. I reprogrammed the ABS module to remove that mode, bringing it back to stock, and it's been fine ever since - though now I'm going to perpetually wonder if this was correlation or causation.

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ii lOve sport mode on my BL. Also, Iā€™m not going to say anything anymore that upsets peoples sensitivities. I received a demerit recently and for that I am ashamed.
It's "tow/haul" for the Bronco. That's really the only time I use it!

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd question, but has anyone encountered any odd...hiccups...after adding a GOAT mode?

I've had a few random ABS codes come up over the past few months after adding mud/ruts to my base. I reprogrammed the ABS module to remove that mode, bringing it back to stock, and it's been fine ever since - though now I'm going to perpetually wonder if this was correlation or causation.
Not really, except my "auto" headlights just randomly come on every now and again.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really, except my "auto" headlights just randomly come on every now and again.
Isn't that a known issue with its own TSB, though?

Sponsored

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
7/18/22 update: 10k miles on my truck now and not a single error from sport mode. I use it 4-5 times a week because the throttle response in normal mode is so slow.

11/22/21 update: made a walk through video to show which module and line to change.

Original post:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately itā€™s not too late to change for a lot of you. Donā€™t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
I have the obd link connector but only have an apple MacBook! What should I look for in a budget or used windows laptop so I can start programming!!
Thanks for the help

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the obd link connector but only have an apple MacBook! What should I look for in a budget or used windows laptop so I can start programming!!
Thanks for the help
Anything running windows 10 and has a potato or better for a processor. Don't get a Chrome Book (as I don't know if it works on Chrome Books).

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anything running windows 10 and has a potato or better for a processor. Don't get a Chrome Book (as I don't know if it works on Chrome Books).
Thanks ! Is that a Mr. Mrs. or gender neutral potato!!?šŸ˜Ž

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's "tow/haul" for the Bronco. That's really the only time I use it!
Has anyone added Rock crawl to a 2.3 non SAS OBX with 4.27 and rear locker? Was wondering if it will fault looking for the front locker?
Sponsored