First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone added Rock crawl to a 2.3 non SAS OBX with 4.27 and rear locker? Was wondering if it will fault looking for the front locker?
I'm pretty certain someone has tried it. Try the search.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone added Rock crawl to a 2.3 non SAS OBX with 4.27 and rear locker? Was wondering if it will fault looking for the front locker?
I have a 2.7 non-sasquatch OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker. No faults.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the obd link connector but only have an apple MacBook! What should I look for in a budget or used windows laptop so I can start programming!!
Thanks for the help
My wife purchased a laptop from target a few days ago for her Cricut and payed $157 I believe it was. That’s about as cheap as you will find and wasn’t a chrome book

Sponsored

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7/18/22 update: 10k miles on my truck now and not a single error from sport mode. I use it 4-5 times a week because the throttle response in normal mode is so slow.

11/22/21 update: made a walk through video to show which module and line to change.

Original post:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
HAHA i wasnt "To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted."

I got the wildtrack because the HOSS 3.0. so ""To those who bought a Badlands over a wildtrack to get Rock crawl mode you may have been shortsighted."

I have an wildtrack HOSS 3.0. ,yes thanks for the info, Iwill add rock crawl mode to my rig.

i love when people spend time to documents stuff like this, kudos
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions bronco1_5

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HAHA i wasnt "To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted."

I got the wildtrack because the HOSS 3.0. so ""To those who bought a Badlands over a wildtrack to get Rock crawl mode you may have been shortsighted."

I have an wildtrack HOSS 3.0. ,yes thanks for the info, Iwill add rock crawl mode to my rig.

i love when people spend time to documents stuff like this, kudos
bronco1_5.jpg
HOSS 3.0 didn’t exist when I made this thread. Hell you couldn’t order a soft top Wildtrak then either.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everybody wanting all the GOATs...my fave re-write has been turning off the frickin seatbelt dinger! 😆😆😆
Ending seat belt chimes and killing double honk... Far more important than a GOAT mode.

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is this a normal error to have when unlocking sport mode, Im super worried I messed up my truck as I had and module issues previously. I did the procedure documented in this post and the warning lights flashed and service advice track flashed, I restarted the car and all errors are gone, but this is in the DTC log on forscan.

U0256 - Lost Communication With Front Controls Interface Module 'A'

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this a normal error to have when unlocking sport mode, Im super worried I messed up my truck as I had and module issues previously. I did the procedure documented in this post and the warning lights flashed and service advice track flashed, I restarted the car and all errors are gone, but this is in the DTC log on forscan.

If you now have no codes you can relax.

You should have seen the crazy number of codes I generated programming the HOSS 3.0 steering rack for my Bronco OBX... LOL 😂 It said everything was broken.

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I finally have my Bronco I am revisiting some things I have been watching a bit over the last 865+ days. This is a bit off-topic but I do think this may be the best thread to ask the question. I did do a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

My son is a certified Ford technician, but he pretty much exclusively does diesels. He has used the factory scan tool to program/disable some of the common changes I see here........no double-honk, turn off the auto start, etc. He is willing to help me try and program anything I am interested in........I am accumulating a list.

All that said, does anyone out there have experience in using a factory scan tool or even high-end after-market (i.e. SnapOn) scan tool to enable/disable GOAT modes?

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of us use Forscan because it's affordable, my pockets aren't deep enough for a professional level scan tool.

AZWildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I realize this is an old post, but I am on the forum to register and it requires an invitation code.
Any idea what that is, and how to obtain one?
I am having the same problem. Did you get any response?

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having the same problem. Did you get any response?
No, but I figured it out. I signed up for the free trial, and was sent a temporary code.
Did all I had to do within the first 2 weeks and haven't touched it since.
Added Sport mode, changed horizontal bar to orange, disabled double honk, global windows, and I believe that's all I needed.
All of the changes were simple enough and were done in the first day, but the horizontal bar to orange threw me off for a while because I didn't realize that it only turns orange when in Drive, Neutral, and Reverse WHILE the headlight is off IN auto headlight mode.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine shows this also....don't seem to matter....anyone know what EXACTLY this means or how to clear it?
Sponsored