Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!! I was about to try the same thing, but my old OBD -> USB adapter doesn't work with the latest version of FORscan.

---

I'll just say this:

Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package suddenly became a lot more appealing... especially now that the Wildtrak trim no longer comes with painted trim pieces.
You got me a little excited to change from BL to OBX and live without the sta-bar but then I realized I also lose the rockrails, washout floors, and MGV. So I stay stuck waiting on a Bronco
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't done these kind of changes on a Ford (did do email tune my Focus RS) but I have changed a couple settings on my M3 with BimmerCode (the BMW version of ForScan). I stopped seat belt chimes and the "Do Not Use While Driving" navigation splash screen warning, auto fold/unfold mirros on lock/unlock and activate the rear fog light.

All was well for about a year and a half then all the sudden I got crazy warnings and error codes. Hardtop fault (I have a coupe), park assist and lane assist errors (don't have these either) then no cruise control, no engine modes, suspension modes, no tach, oil or pressure gauges.

Had to have my car re-flashed at the dealer. Vehicle Status Inconsistent was the issue. Not 100% sure it was me, but that is my guess. Cost me $450 to have it reflashed and some long Uber trips to the dealer and back.

Just a fair warning to you based on a completely different brand. Over-the-air updates might be something to consider as well.

Also, basically anything I did at the Off-Roadeo is probably more than I will do with my Bronco. We basically changed everything using the hero buttons and the transfer case buttons. I don't think that I'll miss the modes my BaseSquatch is lacking.

Edit: Good luck to those who try! Hoping for the best for you!

Last edited:

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
made my day... BL with sport mode... Sweet...

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't done these kind of changes on a Ford (did do email tune my Focus RS) but I have changed a couple settings on my M3 with BimmerCode (the BMW version of ForScan). I stopped seat belt chimes and the "Do Not Use While Driving" navigation splash screen warning, auto fold/unfold mirros on lock/unlock and activate the rear fog light.

All was well for about a year and a half then all the sudden I got crazy warnings and error codes. Hardtop fault (I have a coupe), park assist and lane assist errors (don't have these either) then no cruise control, no engine modes, suspension modes, no tach, oil or pressure gauges.

Had to have my car re-flashed at the dealer. Vehicle Status Inconsistent was the issue. Not 100% sure it was me, but that is my guess. Cost me $450 to have it reflashed and some long Uber trips to the dealer and back.

Just a fair warning to you based on a completely different brand. Over-the-air updates might be something to consider as well.

Also, basically anything I did at the Off-Roadeo is probably more than I will do with my Bronco. We basically changed everything using the hero buttons and the transfer case buttons. I don't think that I'll miss the modes my BaseSquatch is lacking.
Yeah, as much as I love the idea of my OBX having Baja and Rock Crawl modes, I see a future over-the-air update blowing all of this up. I'm sure that FMC is scanning these threads for just this type of hack. But I hope I'm wrong for those of you pursuing this! :)

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now the big question of the day for @bytheway...

What's the difference between Baja mode and Sport mode? I noticed you said Sport mode turned on 4A, kind of surprising. I figured Sport mode kept it in 2H and Baja mode flipped it to 4A.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And say goodbye to your warranty. If I want “sport” I just swap to baja, and turn back to 2H. Cannot void my warrant for using modes that came with the vehicle.

Btw, Baja goes to 4H not 4A.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will add Sport to the lineup. I haven’t taken the time to confirm what Eco is yet for removal.

Also it is completely unconfirmed if adding something like Rock Crawl will throw codes. I’m not sure how important the rest of the modules will tolerate these settings so this is very much an at your own risk situation. Sport mode is simple enough but modes dealing with lockers for models that don’t have them could potentially cause errors. Or it could work fine. Seeing as how the modes are on models that don’t default with lockers I’d wager this may behave completely fine.
I can confirm that any error or code thrown by the bronco is reported to ford via the internal modem.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, as much as I love the idea of my OBX having Baja and Rock Crawl modes, I see a future over-the-air update blowing all of this up. I'm sure that FMC is scanning these threads for just this type of hack. But I hope I'm wrong for those of you pursuing this! :)
If Ford didn't want us to have this, they would have made it much more difficult to begin with.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woo-hoo, BAJA for my BD

Also can I run fordcan on a cheap Chrome book?
Yeah it takes pretty minimal computing power. I have a $300 dell and it’s probably overkill. My 15 year old asus Eee Pc could probably handle it no problem.
Coincidentally, I do use an Eee Pc for Forscan, works fine.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Baja is not the same as Sport. It’s way less streetable of a mode for some obvious reasons
I use it on the street for time to time, it is very street able and fun. If you playing the naming convention as an “obvious” reason then um, I think a complete understanding of what mode changes actually do needs to be understood for this streetable terminology.
Sponsored