JDUBW89

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately itā€™s not too late to change for a lot of you. Donā€™t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
That will be great if someday there are Broncos for sale. Really enjoyed my estimated 2 year wait from my order date. Out.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didnā€™t read the whole thread but donā€™t get too carried away, guys. Wonā€™t take long for Ford to disable this hack with an OTA update.
They wonā€™t. Far too risky to send out an update that would impact every Bronco just to stop a few people who use Forscan. Theyā€™ve never blocked it for any other vehicle and they wonā€™t start now.

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not have my Bad Lands yet, but do want sport mode. Is this able to be done with FORscan Lite for iOS? I haven't had my own windows computer since 2006.
As I understand it, you can't make any changes with ForScan Lite.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I forget what variant of Android though. I don't use it much.
I have a crappy chromebook and can't use it because you can't have windows on it so I use my crappy old acer that does have windows and it works swimmingly.

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is awesome!! But seriouslyā€¦ does doing this void your warranty? Genuinely asking because itā€™s definitely something Iā€™d like to do but I donā€™t want to lose my warranty either.
It absolutely would.

I can confirm first hand Ford Diagnostic and Repair System shows changes to the APIM. Adding a non-factory drive mode and having any driveline/engine issue would be a very easy claim denial.

Changing small stuff like chimes or start/stop they don't take issue with as they are isolated modules but full drive modes I bet they do as they would be ECU related.

The semantics of right/wrong/should/shouldn't I make no comment on, but this would for sure be a very easy deny I think one would have a very very hard time appealing.

Last edited:

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didnā€™t read the whole thread but donā€™t get too carried away, guys. Wonā€™t take long for Ford to disable this hack with an OTA update.
Ford doesn't care. Forscan has been used for years on may Ford vehicles without Ford doing anything..

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Speaking of the sport mode - i tried in once in a hilly area for about 5 minutes. Towards the end, I was going down a steep hill and took my foot off the gas, and a second later, the tranny downshifted and the engine roared up to 4k RPM and held there. I coasted down the whole hill with the engine screaming, foot off the gas. It definitely prompted a WHOA, this doesnt feel right at all, and a "did you just break your bronco?" look from my passenger. I switched it back to normal immediately. Very odd. My tranny is still learning @ 400 miles, but maybe further learning is needed when in these other drive modes.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately itā€™s not too late to change for a lot of you. Donā€™t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
Please excuse my ignorance, what is Forscan?

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wonder if anyone has tried this in a bronco sport? I have a sport and i have a badlands sas on order and I am first in the list at 4 dealers here in DFW to get a raptor when they get one in. Cant decide if i want just two broncos or 3 ;)-

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This goes back to what I posted back in May. I think Ford should allow you to go to the dealership and for a couple hundred bucks, you can unlock different modes. Then those modes are now tied to your VIN. The dealerships would make a killing by just unlocking modes that are already available and there would be no void on your warranty. To me, this would make sense and I know there are tons of people that would do it. @Ford
Actually they should have just made them free across the board unless they're tied to equipment on the vehicle that model doesn't have. Don't give them reason to nickel and dime us anymore then they already do.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the chart in the beginning, but is there somewhere to go see how to get to that point in Forscan for those who have never used it?

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mud/Ruts - Ford says Mud/Ruts engages 4x4 lock so that you can keep going even if you have a tire that canā€™t get traction. It does not engage the Rear Differential Lock. However, 4x4 lock can be selected independently of the GOAT modes.will it even work for a base?

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instructions:
Great job, now figure out how to get rid of the digital speedo šŸ˜
Sponsored