Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually they should have just made them free across the board unless they're tied to equipment on the vehicle that model doesn't have. Don't give them reason to nickel and dime us anymore then they already do.
Well we already don’t have it AND they are not going to magically give it to us for free at this point. So how about making it available and tied to a VIN as an upgrade at this point?!?!?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please excuse my ignorance, what is Forscan?
FORScan is a software product that can be used to diagnose and configure your Ford vehicle. It connects to your vehicle using the OBD-II port... usually via an USB -> OBD-II adapter.

It is basically a community version of the software product Ford developed internally for themselves and dealerships. That software product is called Ford Diagnostic & Repair System (FDRS)... and it's pricey—$850/year.

Meanwhile FORScan is free, but you can upgrade for $10/year for some enhanced features. Obviously significantly more economical that FDRS.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They won’t. Far too risky to send out an update that would impact every Bronco just to stop a few people who use Forscan. They’ve never blocked it for any other vehicle and they won’t start now.
Color me highly skeptical. Bronco is a new, configurable and high customizable 4x4 rig which is a unique service challenge for Ford. The most likely outcome is this will be locked out via OTA update.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will add Sport to the lineup. I haven’t taken the time to confirm what Eco is yet for removal.

Also it is completely unconfirmed if adding something like Rock Crawl will throw codes. I’m not sure how important the rest of the modules will tolerate these settings so this is very much an at your own risk situation. Sport mode is simple enough but modes dealing with lockers for models that don’t have them could potentially cause errors. Or it could work fine. Seeing as how the modes are on models that don’t default with lockers I’d wager this may behave completely fine.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there mechanics around who do Forscan changes like this?

NutterBuster

Base
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Base

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
My base 2dr already has sport mode, are some modles being skipped on it?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My base 2dr already has sport mode, are some modles being skipped on it?
There are 8 total GOAT modes available, and different trims get different modes. The Base trim, for example, only has 5 GOAT modes, BB/BD/OBX get 6 GOAT modes, and both Badlands and Wildtrak get 7 GOAT modes.

It was assumed previously that there was a technical limitation that prevented the Bronco from having more than 7 modes, and we had assumed Ford opted to remove Sport mode from the Badlands trim to ensure it only had 7 modes. Makes sense, because theoretically Baja mode and Sport mode would be similar.

BUT we know now there isn't a technical limitation, it was just a software lock.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can Forscan remove the digital speedo and replace it with a digital tac instead? The stupid vertical tachometer thing was poorly thought out. Would be cool to use the areas in that screen differently.

Sponsored

bogshotrods

Badlands
First Name
Danny Bogner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Instructions:
I have a Wildtrack w/LUX can I add rock crawl to it . Not familiar with Forcan though

Italianr1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2021 Bronco Badland 4dr Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone willing to put out step by step instructions for a Forscan nubie. Would like sport for my BL and also drop the auto start/stop. TIA!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my connector. Now where is my BL Bronco. First thing I do to it will be adding sport mode. I’m used to the risk. Been tuning VAG cars for almost 2 decades. You pay to play I guess not so worried about warranty issues

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most likely outcome is this will be locked out via OTA update.
The "most likely outcome" based on what? Has Ford ever done something like that? I don't want to pay the $50 and not have the mode....but it seems like you are theorizing based on absolutley nothing except your intuition. If there is some history of Ford doing that, go ahead and post it. If it's you just thinking Ford will suddenly be out to get people, even though they've never done it in the past, ever...then no one should believe you.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine thinking that adjusting the AIPM would void the warranty, what next, switching halogen lights for LEDs voiding warranty?

Warranty is a lot more forgiving than most people realize. Hell, you can get a dealer installed and warrantied blower on a brand spanking new Mustang... if they will warranty shoving multiple atmospheres into an engine "designed" for one than surely they won't give any crap about someone making their startup screen look like a Raptor or having their mirrors automatically fold in every ignition cycle.
Sponsored