Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can Forscan remove the digital speedo and replace it with a digital tac instead? The stupid vertical tachometer thing was poorly thought out. Would be cool to use the areas in that screen differently.
Maybe.

What a lot of vehicle manufacturers do is develop their computer system for their highest trim vehicle, and then disable certain features in the lower end trim levels. That's effectively what Ford seems to have done here with the GOAT modes. Occasionally the manufacturers will also develop a new feature that is coded within the computer, but never made it to the final production vehicle for whatever reason... so it's just sitting there disabled.

If Ford put the development work for a digital tac, then theoretically yes, you could turn it on.

FORScan cannot add something that isn't already there. It can turn on/off/modify features that already exist within the computer system, but it cannot create new features that were never there to begin with.
Are there mechanics around who do Forscan changes like this?
I'll do it... after you sign a sheet of paper that absolves me from any responsibility for potentially voiding your warranty. ;)

But in all honesty, yes... I can do it as long as you are okay with any warranty concerns. I'm in New England, but my parents live in northern Arizona, and I have plans to visit them once my Bronco arrives. Hoping it'll be in time for spring break, but may not happen until summer.

Definitely don't wait for me though, who knows when my Bronco is going to arrive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want Sport mode on my Badlands but don't have the cojones to mess with Forscan on my brand new rig. I'll be watching to see how this plays out though. ;)

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "most likely outcome" based on what? Has Ford ever done something like that? I don't want to pay the $50 and not have the mode....but it seems like you are theorizing based on absolutley nothing except your intuition. If there is some history of Ford doing that, go ahead and post it. If it's you just thinking Ford will suddenly be out to get people, even though they've never done it in the past, ever...then no one should believe you.
Hey, do what you like. Just don't be surprised when this is patched. (Is $50 really your concern here? Heh.)

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone willing to put out step by step instructions for a Forscan nubie. Would like sport for my BL and also drop the auto start/stop. TIA!
A step by step tutorial would be helpful. I've used Forscan a bit on my Focus RS. Was able to turn on global windows and fogs stay on during high beams.

Italianr1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2021 Bronco Badland 4dr Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe.

What a lot of vehicle manufacturers do is develop their computer system for their highest trim vehicle, and then disable certain features in the lower end trim levels. That's effectively what Ford seems to have done here with the GOAT modes. Occasionally the manufacturers will also develop a new feature that is coded within the computer, but never made it to the final production vehicle for whatever reason... so it's just sitting there disabled.

If Ford put the development work for a digital tac, then theoretically yes, you could turn it on.

FORScan cannot add something that isn't already there. It can turn on/off/modify features that already exist within the computer system, but it cannot create new features that were never there to begin with.

I'll do it... after you sign a sheet of paper that absolves me from any responsibility for potentially voiding your warranty. ;)

But in all honesty, yes... I can do it as long as you are okay with any warranty concerns. I'm in New England, but my parents live in northern Arizona, and I have plans to visit them once my Bronco arrives. Hoping it'll be in time for spring break, but may not happen until summer.

Definitely don't wait for me though, who knows when my Bronco is going to arrive.
Im in RI if you want to do mine!

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, do what you like. Just don't be surprised when this is patched. (Is $50 really your concern here? Heh.)
Why do you think they are going to treat the Bronco differently than all the other vehicles that people have been FORSCan'ing for years now without that happening?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone willing to put out step by step instructions for a Forscan nubie. Would like sport for my BL and also drop the auto start/stop. TIA!
I would suggest watching a couple youtube tutorials on it, there are some really good ones (). You will need to then sign up on the Forscan site, get approved, should buy a license and then buy the OBD Linx many have already listed here and go from there (all very simple to do). The videos are really ground zero though. One cannot explain the whole process here in a Forum post.

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't help but comment that there are a lot of threads dedicated to the less than stellar gas mileage of the Bronco but there are soooo many comments here about wanting/needing sport mode, which I'm sure isn't gas friendly. Just a funny commentary...that's all.

Italianr1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2021 Bronco Badland 4dr Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't help but comment that there are a lot of threads dedicated to the less than stellar gas mileage of the Bronco but there are soooo many comments here about wanting/needing sport mode, which I'm sure isn't gas friendly. Just a funny commentary...that's all.
I find it funny that people buy Jeeps and Broncos and then complain about gas mileage.

My_2021_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 f250 , 2000 f350 ,2006 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the outer banks I have been driving it in sport mode for weeks .

The day before yesterday was the 1st time I put it in sport mode and Manualy shifting the automatic.

That's the way this thing needs to be driven. On the verge of recline . I got 2nd and 3 gear Chirp "traction control off always"

It alllllllllmost reminds me of driving my old 67 3 speed .

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?
Badlands and First Edition don’t have Sport mode, for god knows what reason.
There are a total of eight (8) G.O.A.T. modes, but no one Bronco has more than seven of them.

The Black Diamond, Badlands, Wildtrak, and First Edition each have seven (7) modes; Outer Banks has six (6), and Base has five (5).

Badlands and First Edition are the only two that do not have Sport mode, but they have all of the other seven.

At least that's what is official, from Ford.

The point of the OP is a discovery that on the Badlands, at least, it is possible to enable Sport mode, without losing any of the others, so it can now have all eight. The same may be true of the other trims.

It would surely be interesting to see if your Base, which is most restricted of all trims as far as how many modes it comes with, can also have all eight enabled.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine thinking that adjusting the AIPM would void the warranty, what next, switching halogen lights for LEDs voiding warranty?

Warranty is a lot more forgiving than most people realize. Hell, you can get a dealer installed and warrantied blower on a brand spanking new Mustang... if they will warranty shoving multiple atmospheres into an engine "designed" for one than surely they won't give any crap about someone making their startup screen look like a Raptor or having their mirrors automatically fold in every ignition cycle.
Highlighted for emphasis.

Adjusting AIPM to give DRIVE modes locked from factory will void your drivetrain and engine warranty I 100% promise you.

You're 100% correct that changing lights or mirrors won't affect warranty on the whole vehicle, its on a per module basis. But a drive mode is ECU and will be a slam dunk denial if it was not done at the dealer.

They didn't make the AIPM write all changes to log for fun.

Last edited:

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it funny that people buy Jeeps and Broncos and then complain about gas mileage.
Or funny the new Bronco owners complain about the small engines and concerned for power....not realizing the last gen 5.8 V8 broncos only had 200hp.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it takes pretty minimal computing power. I have a $300 dell and it’s probably overkill. My 15 year old asus Eee Pc could probably handle it no problem.
I read this quickly and saw "...my 15 year old anus...". LOL!!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Color me highly skeptical. Bronco is a new, configurable and high customizable 4x4 rig which is a unique service challenge for Ford. The most likely outcome is this will be locked out via OTA update.
Then again it's Ford... I think the Forscan folks are going to be fine.
Sponsored