Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @D2dhanover, just enabled sport mode on my badlands this afternoon. Was easy-peezy. Loving the downshifting when braking. 2.7 has a bit more growl that way. I can see ripping through a tank of gas real quick in this mode haha
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions D46A7F86-97AC-47C1-8FDB-504767E8EB60

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 200334F2-FA8B-4BC7-8CEC-3F9E5089B282
Sponsored

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now my First Edition can have the Sport mode it should have shipped with. Can anyone with a model that normally comes with Sport mode confirm it also shifts you into 4A? It makes sense that it does to put all the power down to four wheels.
It shifts it to 4A! I have a BD.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Show me when and where this modification changes PCM and ECM settings.
Seat memory setting can alter ECM settings, as a matter of fact sensors in the seats determine how the airbags are going to operate. You turn on the air conditioning or program in a radio station, you are probably changing values in some electronic control module on your car.

Will changing goat modes void your warranty, because that certainly changes values in many modules? The big difference is only the interface you are using to make the changes.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @D2dhanover, just enabled sport mode on my badlands this afternoon. Was easy-peezy. Loving the downshifting when braking. 2.7 has a bit more growl that way. I can see ripping through a tank of gas real quick in this mode haha
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 200334F2-FA8B-4BC7-8CEC-3F9E5089B282

Do your background graphics look funky?like above your speedometer. My has the lane centering graphic there so it’s a little different. At first it looked like the resolution of the screen was off but I think it’s part of the sport graphics. I switched to slippery and the background changed to rain drops. Sport looks like there’s ripples in the light blue area.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do your background graphics look funky?like above your speedometer. My has the lane centering graphic there so it’s a little different. At first it looked like the resolution of the screen was off but I think it’s part of the sport graphics. I switched to slippery and the background changed to rain drops. Sport looks like there’s ripples in the light blue area.
Yeah I never have lane centering on. I found it more of nuisance then anything. Plus, it uncompresses the graphics a bit on the dash.
I'll take a look at the graphics more then next time i'm in it. I think its more to do with my iphone taking a lowlight photo in my garage and leaving some artifacts and whatnot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I never have lane centering on. I found it more of nuisance then anything. Plus, it uncompresses the graphics a bit on the dash.
I'll take a look at the graphics more then next time i'm in it. I think its more to do with my iphone taking a lowlight photo in my garage and leaving some artifacts and whatnot.
No I didn’t notice it in yours. It was on mine. Curious if yours was the same. I’ll take a pic in a few minutes.

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

following. I ordered a badlands primarily because I wanted the rubber floor but I was seriously rethinking it because of the lack of the sport mode. I use sport mode in my f150 quite a bit. this is awesome. I have never used forscan, but since I just ordered a couple weeks ago with a reservation from july It looks like Ill have plenty of time to study up on it lol.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is incorrect. There are no changes ever made to the PCM or ECM. There are variations in behavior of the PCM has based on drive modes but never ever will programming be actually reconfigured for any reason.
Let me put it this way, changes in the PCM/ECM happen all the time when the long term fuel trims are changed during vehicle operation. While the programming isn't changed, the stored variables are. Furthermore, any of those stored variables can impact what code is run and when it is run.

I am not suggesting that the programming is "changing" however all variables that are stored in the PCM/ECM are being written to the system. When an ECU is flashed to increase performance, the programming isn't changing, specific maps and variables are being changed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I find it funny that people buy Jeeps and Broncos and then complain about gas mileage.
I have Sport mode on my 2016 F150 with the 2.7 and it doesn't seem to have any impact on gas mileage. Not sure why.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't this could be done.

Must. Buy. Forscan.
Apparently it’s a North America/USA thing because an elderly couple died from CO poisoning when they left their Lincoln idling in the garage all night. Their lawyer claimed because their key was in their pocket they thought the car couldn’t be running or something. So it’s a liability issue now.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how did you get the gauges to show?

N0madK1ng

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?
where do you engage sport mode on the base? I havent seen it.
Sponsored