Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?
where do you engage sport mode on the base? I havent seen it.
Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how did you get the gauges to show?
It's a selectable option page on the dash under Configure my view. It's labeled as just gauges
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 2360CE1B-390A-4C9A-8A6D-14691549E437

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So by doing this, what makes the truck different than a Wildtrak? I have to ask as I have an order in for a Wildtrak and have been on the fence between the two. I don’t have a vin assigned yet so trying to determine if I made the right call.

I do a lot of road driving, as I am currently stationed in the UK, hence my choice for the Wildtrak, but just want to insure I am getting the best bang for the buck.

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This change simply turns on the option to ask the vehicle for this. The latest Ford vehicles put the SDM (Selectable Drive Modes), otherwise called G.O.A.T. Modes on Bronco, inside the ABS settings. It's a simple on or off for what modes are available to be used by the driver but all actual programming changes are handled by dedicated modules. You are not tuning or altering vehicle settings.
I had an interesting theory after reading some of your posts. If all this programming is there, even down to the UI able to show 8 goat modes, and not freak out with conflicts, maybe one of trims was meant to have 8 or more likely a future model (Raptor) will have 8 goat modes. After seeing this, I can't see why the Raptor wouldn't have all of them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the Base does? That’s sooooo weird.
Bare Bones F-150 XL with crank windows has Sport Mode. Think about that.

It's not weird that the Base has it, it's just super bizarre that two top trims do not. It should be a standard mode on everything.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bare Bones F-150 XL with crank windows has Sport Mode. Think about that.

It's not weird that the Base has it, it's just super bizarre that two top trims do not. It should be a standard mode on everything.
Is it maybe a weight thing? Ford not wanting to encourage people to tear down roads in a 5200 lb. vehicle?

I can't think of any legitimate reason why the Badlands doesn't have sport mode. They can't be trying to downsell.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much is FDRS ( if it's the better tool to play around the ECU ) ? Can it be found online like the Techstream for Toyota is ?
It’s subscription based pricing. Around $900/year last I checked.

Reactions: JPG

Mike1976

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And the joke but maybe not a joke is can we get you rock crawl.
That is what I want to know. I have a base, and bought it to take through the trails here in Colorado. I would like to have Rock Crawl on my Base, and just add manual sway bar disconnects.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
So….. one could custom program a MALL MODE/SHOPPING MODE???

Mike1976

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can Rock Crawl, and Mud/Ruts be added to a base with Sasquatch package? I know I the sway bar disconnects aren't there, but will the other functions work correctly?
Sponsored

Last edited: