First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it maybe a weight thing? Ford not wanting to encourage people to tear down roads in a 5200 lb. vehicle?

I can't think of any legitimate reason why the Badlands doesn't have sport mode. They can't be trying to downsell.
LOL, this is my 2011 F-150 HDPP 3.5 Ecoboost running with the 93 Octane Tune... It does deer dead.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s completely undetermined. I looked at the strategy codes of the ATCM which is the actual module that controls these modes and it would appear there are some differences between trims but not 100% confirmed still if that matters in the end. I believe the strategy codes would be tied to the factory installed hardware so that it wouldn’t try to enable something that didn’t exist say a sway bar or locker.

If you’re willing to try it out please let me know.
I believe that Pickens ran into this problem on their E5B Bronco and trying to enable Baja mode without the advanced 4x4 or rear locker (it was throwing codes according to them), likely because Baja mode wants to enable the rear locker or uses the advanced 4x4 transfer case for other trickery. Unsure why yet, that's just a hypothesis.

Mike1976

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s completely undetermined. I looked at the strategy codes of the ATCM which is the actual module that controls these modes and it would appear there are some differences between trims but not 100% confirmed still if that matters in the end. I believe the strategy codes would be tied to the factory installed hardware so that it wouldn’t try to enable something that didn’t exist say a sway bar or locker.

If you’re willing to try it out please let me know.
I should be picking up my Base Sasquatch by the end of the month in Colorado Springs. I have experience with Forscan from my F-250, so I should be able to try it out with some help. I am really interested in seeing if Rock Crawl works, as that is the only mode I am missing that I care about.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty lame that Sport is in the programming but disabled 🤬
It's not actually that surprising, why would they make a half a dozen different programs when they can make just one and just turn features on and off?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting yes very well could be. It’s unexplored by me and so far anyone else.

They do appear very fresh to ForScan and all the things they flashed were very very basic. The mention of Start/Stop and it throwing codes is unusual. I still haven’t had any issues with it on my end in regards to that. It throws a code initially but once cleared it has remained cleared.

Flashing G.O.A.T. Modes will absolutely put a bunch of codes and errors in the vehicle but once cleared they should stay cleared. Again however, all of this is unverified and I’ve only poked around in one trim level. I’d love to get access to a different trim or hope someone here will eventually try.
I should have my OBX soon... We shall soon know. I have an E5C advanced 4x4 with rear locker coming, so that may be an interesting comparison. If they would just get the train moving again. My Bronco is 252 miles away (311 miles with a detour through SATX) in Hearne, Texas!

Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
Can you provide a link to ge the hardware?

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did my 60mi round trip commute to the office today with sport mode enabled on my 2.3 manual. This is they way it should come from the factory, crisp throttle response, feels easy to get into the torque band without a lot of throttle movement. I know it is just amplifying my inputs, not really changing the power output, but it just drives better.

The GOAT mode update threw a code on the ABS module, but it was able to clear it on the first try. I'd really like to get rid of eco mode, as I am not going to use it, and it would save a click of scrolling through it to get to Sport.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did my 60mi round trip commute to the office today with sport mode enabled on my 2.3 manual. This is they way it should come from the factory, crisp throttle response, feels easy to get into the torque band without a lot of throttle movement. I know it is just amplifying my inputs, not really changing the power output, but it just drives better.

The GOAT mode update threw a code on the ABS module, but it was able to clear it on the first try. I'd really like to get rid of eco mode, as I am not going to use it, and it would save a click of scrolling through it to get to Sport.
Making the default mode sport would be a better option.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some features of FORscan are free, but you can also get a 2 month extended license trial. I believe you will need the extended license for changing the ABS module.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What happened to the “put the badlands in Baja and then adjust the dial to manually adjust to 2wheel drive” essentially giving it sport plus mode.

This was discussed over a year ago. Doesn’t require for scan. Videos exist showing how to do this on raptor trucks. Since I am still waiting for mine I can’t prove if this is real or not

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it maybe a weight thing? Ford not wanting to encourage people to tear down roads in a 5200 lb. vehicle?
Ford Expedition has Sport Mode as one of the standard driving modes. Expy is heavier than Bronco.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happened to the “put the badlands in Baja and then adjust the dial to manually adjust to 2wheel drive” essentially giving it sport plus mode.

This was discussed over a year ago. Doesn’t require for scan. Videos exist showing how to do this on raptor trucks. Since I am still waiting for mine I can’t prove if this is real or not
Earlier in this thread they established it still drives different than sport mode

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from all I read here, not the same at all. Baja seems to keep it in much higher revs to speed over sand dunes, seems almost unpleasant on the road. I actually have not even tried it yet in my BL, normal is pretty peppy already, definitely for my around town driving and getting on freeways.

That being said, I'll still add sport via Forscan because I can and it should have been there to begin with. Might get to it this week, not sure yet.