Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it maybe a weight thing? Ford not wanting to encourage people to tear down roads in a 5200 lb. vehicle?

I can't think of any legitimate reason why the Badlands doesn't have sport mode. They can't be trying to downsell.
I've wondered about this since the reveal night. I can understand that Ford wanted to have 2 distinct top trim options: a hard-core off-road Bronco (Badlands) and a hard-core high-speed desert runner (Wildtrak). So I can see why BL had Rock Crawl while WT had Sport mode.....

BUT..... I never understood why the First Edition did not have Sport mode???? Seriously, the FE should be the top end Bronco that has all the options. But it curiously lacks Sport mode? Why? The logical side of me looks at BL and the FE and rationalizes that MAYBE the reason both of these trims don't have Sport mode is due to the Sta-Bar disconnect feature? I don't know but the sta-bar disconnect seems to be the only common feature on both trims that don't have Sport mode. Maybe Ford saw something in testing and development that changed their minds about having Sport mode and the Sta-Bar disconnect together? I don't know?

That being said, I ordered a '22 Badlands and when I get it (hopefully early next year) adding Sport mode will be one of the first things I do... assuming no one experiences anything weird over the next few months that changed it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could Forscan be used to add Navigation to the Sync system? I saw a review on the linked cable and someone added it themself with an SD card from eBay.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've wondered about this since the reveal night. I can understand that Ford wanted to have 2 distinct top trim options: a hard-core off-road Bronco (Badlands) and a hard-core high-speed desert runner (Wildtrak). So I can see why BL had Rock Crawl while WT had Sport mode.....

BUT..... I never understood why the First Edition did not have Sport mode???? Seriously, the FE should be the top end Bronco that has all the options. But it curiously lacks Sport mode? Why? The logical side of me looks at BL and the FE and rationalizes that MAYBE the reason both of these trims don't have Sport mode is due to the Sta-Bar disconnect feature? I don't know but the sta-bar disconnect seems to be the only common feature on both trims that don't have Sport mode. Maybe Ford saw something in testing and development that changed their minds about having Sport mode and the Sta-Bar disconnect together? I don't know?

That being said, I ordered a '22 Badlands and when I get it (hopefully early next year) adding Sport mode will be one of the first things I do... assuming no one experiences anything weird over the next few months that changed it.
I suspect that most of the seemingly arbitrary limitations on the higher packages are due to weight and stability issues.

Badlands and FE are the heaviest Broncos. Short/narrow vehicles with high center of gravity are a greater liability for Ford. Having a driving mode that encourages aggressive on road driving must increase that potential past whatever line Ford has decided is acceptable.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect that most of the seemingly arbitrary limitations on the higher packages are due to weight and stability issues.

Badlands and FE are the heaviest Broncos. Short/narrow vehicles with high center of gravity are a greater liability for Ford. Having a driving mode that encourages aggressive on road driving must increase that potential past whatever line Ford has decided is acceptable.
A Badlands with Sas is just a little bit heavier than a Black Diamond with Sas...I would think there is zero chance that it was safety that caused this....Ford is about to launch an even taller and heavier Bronco with a 450+hp engine.

Sponsored

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the mod that will finally get me to buy into FORscan. There were a few inconveniences I wanted to tweak, but this is a huge gain and worth the money IMO.
ForScan is free

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A Badlands with Sas is just a little bit heavier than a Black Diamond with Sas...I would think there is zero chance that it was safety that caused this....Ford is about to launch an even taller and heavier Bronco with a 450+hp engine.
But yet you can't get a hitch or roof rack on the 4D FE (not sure about Badlands). The Raptor will also be wider, different suspension, and made in limited numbers.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could be on to something. Sports mode + Sway bar disconnected might end up being a really bad idea... I know that on the FJs when you take out the sway bars ( you take either the back or the front but not both if you want to drive it on highway and still have control ) you gain flex but loose stability on road, you get a lot of rolling in curves if you go too fast.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could be on to something. Sports mode + Sway bar disconnected might end up being a really bad idea... I know that on the FJs when you take out the sway bars ( you take either the back or the front but not both if you want to drive it on highway and still have control ) you gain flex but loose stability on road, you get a lot of rolling in curves if you go too fast.
The sway-bar automatically re-connects at 20mph....

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much to be revealed soon I wish I could. Can’t wait for it to be known by all the enthusiasts here.
Hypothetically speaking, say you're really really thirsty, how many LITERS of water could you drink in a day?? 3? 3.5??

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking into this but I will probably not find time to get to trying it until this weekend.

And yes I apologize for not clearly pointing it out. Once I finish some testing I will get with the OP so he can update this post or perhaps I'll make a new post and get it stickied. Writing to modules generally throws codes, sometimes silent sometimes with dash lights. Writing to the ABS module specifically can be terrifying for first timers because your dash will go crazy and you will hear sounds and chimes. But as you have said, and as should be definitely clarified, you need to clear codes after you write changes. It ensures you will have succeeded in making a modification. It's the final shakedown to make sure what you changed not only works but will continue to work and there is nothing wrong. Also sometimes other modules that you didn't make a change to will throw a code so while it's usually a false positive, clearing DTC's after writing a change will for sure rule out issues or inform you that what you changed could be correct it just requires a mutual change in a different module.

Example being with me trying to add Lane Centering. I am only finally able to get Stop & Go to work because three different modules needed exactly the right changes otherwise it would throw a DTC because it knew the configuration was incorrect. They basically check and verify each other to make sure what is being requested is correct and allowed. Not to say modifying these settings is exactly fool proof but these modern vehicles are very much aware of what they should or shouldn't be doing. A lot of the software features are very generalized to be a one size fits all across a fleet. Especially in next-gen systems like with Bronco.
I didn’t personally have any codes so I didn’t think to mention it. Unless they are hidden that I need to go back and check for. I will reconnect and see if there’s anything underlying.

The only unusual thing I’ve noticed so far is this degrading resolution on the main screen when the lane assist/cruise control is shown. You can see the change at the end of the video on the upper left portion of the screen. Not a problem necessarily but the only thing I’ve noticed that doesn’t seem factory about it.

you can see it here behind the auto start stop icon:

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions F7876464-8D40-4EB1-9192-3DA582C82A73

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is normal. Each mode (I think) has a background theme for the gauge cluster. See below for a picture of Sport mode from a vehicle that has it factory. I really dislike the cluster in this vehicle it was very poorly done and doesn’t match the bold aggressiveness that the Bronco has. The only thing bold was their decision to make this what you get. I will be looking into swapping out the cluster entirely for one from an Explorer ST in the future.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions F7876464-8D40-4EB1-9192-3DA582C82A73
I thought that might have been the case based on the rain drops from the slippery screen, but it just looks odd with the "wrinkles". Glad to hear it's normal.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, basically anything I did at the Off-Roadeo is probably more than I will do with my Bronco. We basically changed everything using the hero buttons and the transfer case buttons.
I have to keep telling myself this very thing. Living 2-3 hours from hills means my need for locking front diff and sway bar disconnect are mostly filling the gap in the dash button area, which holds small spare objects right now.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is normal. Each mode (I think) has a background theme for the gauge cluster. See below for a picture of Sport mode from a vehicle that has it factory. I really dislike the cluster in this vehicle it was very poorly done and doesn’t match the bold aggressiveness that the Bronco has. The only thing bold was their decision to make this what you get. I will be looking into swapping out the cluster entirely for one from an Explorer ST in the future.

55A7FF0E-62F7-4EA9-B144-10098257A8EC.jpeg
And you mean you don't like the mechanical design of the cluster...not just the graphics used? I am hoping, but not holding breath, they do improve the graphical layout. I don't hate it enough to do a swap. Now to find a pic of the Explorer ST cluster so I know what you are talking about.

Edit: Ah...so ST has all digital. I do find the overall design of the Bronco one a bit clunky. I would say I like my 2017 Yukon cluster with the screen nicely integrated between two analog indicators.
Sponsored

Last edited: