Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is normal. Each mode (I think) has a background theme for the gauge cluster. See below for a picture of Sport mode from a vehicle that has it factory. I really dislike the cluster in this vehicle it was very poorly done and doesn’t match the bold aggressiveness that the Bronco has. The only thing bold was their decision to make this what you get. I will be looking into swapping out the cluster entirely for one from an Explorer ST in the future.

55A7FF0E-62F7-4EA9-B144-10098257A8EC.jpeg
And you mean you don't like the mechanical design of the cluster...not just the graphics used? I am hoping, but not holding breath, they do improve the graphical layout. I don't hate it enough to do a swap. Now to find a pic of the Explorer ST cluster so I know what you are talking about.

Edit: Ah...so ST has all digital. I do find the overall design of the Bronco one a bit clunky. I would say I like my 2017 Yukon cluster with the screen nicely integrated between two analog indicators.
Sponsored

Last edited:

silveragemarvel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a bit off topic. Where do (should) I get Forscan? Which OBDII adapter should I get? What should I expect to pay? I run Windows 8.1. Thank you.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A Badlands with Sas is just a little bit heavier than a Black Diamond with Sas...I would think there is zero chance that it was safety that caused this....Ford is about to launch an even taller and heavier Bronco with a 450+hp engine.
But we don't know if the Raptor will have Sport mode!

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like the Crayola design of it no. It's just a very odd theme overall for this vehicle. It would be much more fitting with this vehicle to have something like this. I don't even like my 2021 F-150 digital cluster the theme is overall just very soft. Clearly it's a future theme they will be continuing with though. Comparing components on paper in the workshop manuals it would appear the cluster would bolt in. The bezel is the only issue but I imagine it would plug up and "function". I'm sure some quirks will exist as well but would love to look down and see this.

2020-ford-explorer-st-gauge-cluster-2.jpg
Crayola is a good way of describing it. Like in Pontiacs with their My First Dashboard knobs. The Bronco one could look good if they put a bit more effort in the graphics package. I complain about this a lot in my business. We have techs that setup touchscreens...techs are not graphic artists! I do like the clean look above. Doesn't feel overwhelming with info. Of course, not sure how the UI is.

Maybe Ford may have said good enough to get it out the door and do over the air updates to improve it later? My hope at least.

Anyone think a nice heads up display on the Bronco would have been useful to see modes and such? Thinking lean indicators, etc. I kind of do, but just spoiled with the Yukon we have. Which is going bye, bye because of the Bronco coming in.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sway-bar automatically re-connects at 20mph....
And this is likely something that can be "adjusted" in Forscan. If it were me, I would probably want to set it higher (especially in a "Baja" type environment). I also dislike that the front locker will dis-engage above 20 MPH, but it does protect the mechanicals by doing so. I wouldn't change that, however that's why I am going with the Truetrac differential that works at all speeds.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having all GOAT modes on all models might be a Ford supply cost issue, or a current supply chain issue where there is a certain range of serial numbers that got the full boat software.
Even if it is Ford's plan to always include the full GOAT software, I doubt they will make a fuss about a small % of their most vocal customers using it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swapped the Torsen for a Wavetrac in my Raptor years ago and it was wonderful. I've heard great things about Truetrac as well. The Wavetrac design allows lock up even with a zero load condition which was definitely proven when I took it through dunes and mud

Didn't even know about the wavetrac!!!

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just added sport mode to my Badlands. Its better than I expected. This will def impact my MPG lol

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just added sport mode to my Badlands. Its better than I expected. This will def impact my MPG lol
Is is same driving experience as Baja on 2 wheel drive

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. I would like to know this too. I test drove mine in Baha Mode (in 2 Hi) and didn't think it was very applicable for street driving. It held gears to long in my book. Needs a happy medium....

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hypothetically speaking, say you're really really thirsty, how many LITERS of water could you drink in a day?? 3? 3.5??
Perhaps 2.3, or even 2.7.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good question. I would like to know this too. I test drove mine in Baha Mode (in 2 Hi) and didn't think it was very applicable for street driving. It held gears to long in my book. Needs a happy medium....
It's been covered, they're different. Baja much more aggressive than Sport.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Be careful what you ask for. If past experience is any guide, Ford will plug this loophole up in an upcoming software release and will most likely take the position that you have voided your warranty if anything even moderately expensive crops up. If you're going to do this, at least make sure you will actually drive the car like this before you do it, so that you actually get something out of your short-lived hack.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Be careful what you ask for. If past experience is any guide, Ford will plug this loophole up in an upcoming software release and will most likely take the position that you have voided your warranty if anything even moderately expensive crops up. If you're going to do this, at least make sure you will actually drive the car like this before you do it, so that you actually get something out of your short-lived hack.

What have they plugged up before?
Sponsored