First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have to turn on sport mode every time you start up the Bronco or does it remember this mode (or any last used mode)?

If it does not remember last mode is there a Forscan setting to do this?
Sponsored

Gumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never mind…I was being lazy and will go read the Forscan thread lol. (Original message below)
Maybe I missed this…but is there a post or link with very specific instructions on what to change to unlock sport mode for say, a Badlands?
Thanks to OP for the instructions on how to download Forscan, get the right cable etc but…

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have to turn on sport mode every time you start up the Bronco or does it remember this mode (or any last used mode)?

If it does not remember last mode is there a Forscan setting to do this?
It remembers it, but asks you yes or no to leave it on.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is is same driving experience as Baja on 2 wheel drive
not exactly the same. It doesn't hold the gear as long and keep the revs up as much as baja. It is 100% usable on the street and everyday driving unlike baja which I tried and would never drive it around on the street that way.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful what you ask for. If past experience is any guide, Ford will plug this loophole up in an upcoming software release and will most likely take the position that you have voided your warranty if anything even moderately expensive crops up. If you're going to do this, at least make sure you will actually drive the car like this before you do it, so that you actually get something out of your short-lived hack.
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions Manwithtinfoilhat

Sponsored

timo98

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's been covered, they're different. Baja much more aggressive than Sport.

What about if you have a manual and are picking gears yourself? Is the throttle pedal demand curve in Baja and Sport the same or similar for a manual?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two questions:

Yes, confirmed! Sport mode puts the vehicle into 4A.
It shifts it to 4A! I have a BD.
1. Is there a way to use Forscan to program the Bronco to engage Sport Mode but leave the transfer case in 2H (in Broncos with 4A available)? Alternatively, if I go to Sport (with 4A) and manually switch to 2H, does it otherwise stay in Sport and retain the other Sport settings?

Thanks for posting this info. I just drove mine and it does feel better in Sport. I really don’t get not including it.
What about if you have a manual and are picking gears yourself? Is the throttle pedal demand curve in Baja and Sport the same or similar for a manual?
Did my 60mi round trip commute to the office today with sport mode enabled on my 2.3 manual. This is they way it should come from the factory, crisp throttle response, feels easy to get into the torque band without a lot of throttle movement. I know it is just amplifying my inputs, not really changing the power output, but it just drives better.
2. Does Sport Mode even matter if you have a manual transmission? If I’m pressing the pedal, is Sport Mode that much different? I can see it mattering a lot with an automatic, but harder to see the benefit with a manual.

[Edit]
I see one response that indicates it makes a difference even with the manual.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure about the manual..... but when you push 2H it stays in sport mode.... and it is fast as shit!!!!
That sounds like fun... I bet I would enjoy something like that... butt....

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All the discussion of potentially voiding the warranty but Baja mode is available on a Wildtrak which has the same engine and trans as my SAS-OBX. So why would enabling Baja mode on my vehicle somehow be worse for it and potentially cause damage that would not happen when running that same mode on a Wildtrak?

And I apologize if already answered, but I thought Baja mode on the Wildtrak allowed you to view the cameras while in motion... does this modification enable that on the other trim levels as well?
I wouldn't be worried about physocally breaking anything I'd be worried about something the computer glitches out

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read the post title to my wife across the room. She gave me a look like...

Then said, without missing a beat, "You know you're circumcised, right?"

I about died.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
Is there a way to make it default to Sport Mode?

Does forscan allow disabling of auto start/stop?

Is there a way to turn off the annoying seatbelt notification when someone unlocks their seatbelt?

Sorry, I'm aware of forscan but don't know a whole lot of its capabilities.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was not really interested in reprograming until I saw this.
I would like to hear how well this works in other trim levels.
Baja mode to black diamond?
Mud / ruts to base ?
Rock Crawl to big bend?
Sponsored