kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if others are having issues with changing codes using Forscan, but after about 4 rounds in the ring, I finally got all the information together, got what I needed from Forscan and it worked. You will need to purchase the license from Forscan. It's $12 for one year (and completely worth it to me). When you get the license, contact Forscan, let them know it's not working and they will send you a link to the Beta/Test version they're working on. It worked perfectly.

This is what I used:

OBD Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I did a firmware update on the adapter, that link is here: https://www.scantool.net/downloads/updates/obdlink_ex/

Forscan: https://forscan.org/download.html (then I went in and purchased 1 year license)

This is the code spreadsheet I used: Forscan Google Docs

I can only speak for the double-honk, door chime and auto start/stop codes. And please make sure you save a copy of your original setup!!!

I have a June 6, 2022 Base model build. Hope this helps anyone who has had issues changing codes on a 2022 :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
im not to computer literate , so how do you make a copy and where do you save it to?
Fortunately, Forscan is extremely user friendly and it will prompt you to save a copy and will place it automatically in your C: drive under the Forscan program. You can change where it goes, but I don't see the point.
I highly recommend you go to You Tube and search for 2022 Ford Bronco Forscan. I think I've watched them all. They go through and show you the steps on screen. Good luck and reach out if you have troubles!

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just today I disabled the double honk on my 2022 Badlands. Fortunately I already owned an OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter so I did not need to spend any additional money beyond that. The double honk was pretty much the only thing I needed to adjust via FORScan. You can request a 2 month trial license for FORScan for free. Not necessary to purchase a yearly license if you only want to set something once or tinker for only a little bit of time. Here's a video that helped me, double honk settings at the end:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to learn more about it, but I'm sure I would brick my Bronco, lol. I did the double honk delete and Bambi Lights with no issues.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does Bronco have auto locks like the F-150? That's the 2nd most annoying thing on my wife's F-150 (after the A/SS).

I figured on fixing her car and my Bronco once I got the Bronco.

OP
OP

kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just today I disabled the double honk on my 2022 Badlands. Fortunately I already owned an OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter so I did not need to spend any additional money beyond that. The double honk was pretty much the only thing I needed to adjust via FORScan. You can request a 2 month trial license for FORScan for free. Not necessary to purchase a yearly license if you only want to set something once or tinker for only a little bit of time. Here's a video that helped me, double honk settings at the end:
Good to know the OBDLink MX adapter worked so well and without having to get the latest and greatest Forscan. Unfortunately, the free trial of Forscan did not work intitially with the adapter I have. After digging in forums, I thought the firmware update on the adapter was necessary, still didn't work. Then I tried purchasing the extended license (again, only $12), which still did not work. It wasn't until they sent the link to the Beta version that I could change codes without the error.

Curious to know if build dates play into whether or not the free version works...

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know if build dates play into whether or not the free version works...
I think I read on the forum here somewhere that it's the software version of FORScan itself that matters for 2022 MY Broncos. The latest version v2.3.48 (not Lite) worked for me without issue first try. Since yesterday was the first time trying all this stuff I probably bypassed the issues some people were having with their 2022's and earlier software versions.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're still adding support for 2022, Ford must be making some changes.

2.3.47 had issues writing to DDM/PDM which was resolved in 2.3.48, though PSCM editing still has issues.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I downloaded the latest version of FORSCAN and used theOBDlink and had no issues changing things on my 22 Badlands (March build). Didn’t need the beta version.

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fortunately, Forscan is extremely user friendly and it will prompt you to save a copy and will place it automatically in your C: drive under the Forscan program. You can change where it goes, but I don't see the point.
I highly recommend you go to You Tube and search for 2022 Ford Bronco Forscan. I think I've watched them all. They go through and show you the steps on screen. Good luck and reach out if you have troubles!
I've done some simple things with Forscan, add Baja, tire size adjustment, and double honk, but I haven't seen anyone show how to write your saved profile back to the Bronco if needing to go back to stock. How is this done? Thanks!

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're still adding support for 2022, Ford must be making some changes.

2.3.47 had issues writing to DDM/PDM which was resolved in 2.3.48, though PSCM editing still has issues.
I have a 2022, successfully have all GOAT modes now, disabled the double honk, and full range to the rear speakers. What I cannot do is get the damn auto start disabled.

Has anyone got this to work on a 2022? The number/letters I have look nothing like the tutorials I have watched. Tried to write it anyway... gave me an error at 56%. Everything seems to be working fine still though.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 f150, 18 gt350r, '93 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave forscan my first try tonight on my 22 bad squatch. Got everything to work it seems. I wanted to add sport mode which I did and it shows up and works but my concern is that it is in 4A mode. Is sport mode supposed to be in 4a and not 2wd?

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I gave forscan my first try tonight on my 22 bad squatch. Got everything to work it seems. I wanted to add sport mode which I did and it shows up and works but my concern is that it is in 4A mode. Is sport mode supposed to be in 4a and not 2wd?
Yep, my Basesquatch goes to 4A automatically in Sport mode.

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My stock 22 does this as well, just press 2wd and it will stay in sport mode
Sponsored